Jim's Memorial Nite

Not sure if Im really the right person to start the thread but Im sure everyone is still in bed!

I just wanted to say what a great nite it was, lots of people there, some I hadnt seen for years was so nice to see them again.

It was a great turn out of all Jim's friends to show what a nice man he was.

Hopefully many others will be adding to this thread their thoughts on the nite especially those who were so good in organising this.

Karen B

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just a quick observation: last night was very successful and very good fun. All the deejays played blinders, with particular thanks going to Liam who coped manfully with one deck until a replacement was drafted in. The generosity of those who came was remarkable and I'm sure Ben will be able to provide an update when contributions are totalled up. All in all a fitting send off for a top man.

Obviously I wasn't considered responsible enough to stagger home with all the money. It was given to someone older (significantly) and wiser. Angelo. Haven't got hold of him this morning. He seems to have fled the country.

Just a quick observation: last night was very successful and very good fun. All the deejays played blinders, with particular thanks going to Liam who coped manfully with one deck until a replacement was drafted in. The generosity of those who came was remarkable and I'm sure Ben will be able to provide an update when contributions are totalled up. All in all a fitting send off for a top man.

Obviously I wasn't considered responsible enough to stagger home with all the money. It was given to someone older (significantly) and wiser. Angelo. Haven't got hold of him this morning. He seems to have fled the country.

fled the country, wot to Cambridge!? :lol:

Edited by hertssoulgirl

He was stopped at Heathrow trying to board a plane for Rio. Something over £800 was recovered.

Guest mrs norman maine

Yep, excellent night and good to see so many turning out for Jim, including some I haven't seen for donkey's.

Can't think of anything to say about this wonderful man that's not already been said, so I won't, but it was a fitting tribute to him. Big congratulations to the organisers and what a lovely venue!

Total raised was £870. Special thanks to Len Dopson and Paul McKay for raising the generous cheques, and of course all the DJs for offering their services.

Brilliant, well done people and a great fun night into the bargain. Matt Jahans, The Cozens Bros, Winston, Kenny, Rebecca, Ayshea, James T, the Trickstas and many more turned out for a final farewell. Jim's brother and old schoolmates made it too and had a rare old time, even threatening to make it down to the 100 Club. Jim's good work goes on!

PS Hopefully Jim wouldn't have minded my mistakenly(ish) saying the money was going to a nymphomania charity.

Just found an earring in my pocket. I have some vague recollection of someone handing it to me on the night. I've no idea if it's worth 50p or £50,000. It's sparkly and dangly. Anyone go home with one ear heavier than the other?

Hi Ben,

Ummm, could you pop that earring in the post mate? (Maybe I should of sent you a P.M :thumbsup: ...) - We all had a fab time, Jim would of been proud mate.

All the best,

Len + Nina.

Guest soul diva

Sounds like it was a fantastic night in memory of such a great guy....

Ben, Angelo and Liam - sorry I didn't get to hear you spin some vinyl

Catch up soon

Debs x

Hi Ben,

Ummm, could you pop that earring in the post mate? (Maybe I should of sent you a P.M :thumbsup: ...) - We all had a fab time, Jim would of been proud mate.

All the best,

Len + Nina.

Hi Ben,

Think its my earing!! Dave O neill knocked it out! Ha ha.... Well, had nothing to do with me falling into him or anything eh!! :thumbsup:

did you find the other one? Left that on the side!

x

Guest Karen Heath

I can't believe I didn't make it in the end-what a disaster!

It sounds like everybody had an appropriately great time in remembrance and celebration of the life of dear Jim who must have been highly conspicuous by his absence.....I'm sure he would have loved it but in a very humble manner of course!

Just as I was about to put it in the post to Len! OK, describe your earrings people... one of you is an evil, sneaky, other-peoples'-earrings fetishist.

PS

I think it would lovely on either of you.

PPS

Only got the one I'm afraid, Annie. I'll ask the venue.

Mine is a spangly diamante flower arrangement!! if you can get them back Ben it would be really appreciated. They are my favourites!

I didn't know Nina had lost one too! Either that or Len is and evil sneaky other-peoples earrings fetishist!!! :thumbsup:

Annie xx

ps, i owe you a guiness! havent forgotten, don't worry. :g:

Source Advert