Middleton Civic Niter

for me the best one ive been to, full house start to finish, and it went on till 8.00 in the main room which i stayed in all night every dj played a excellent spot the floor kept buzzing allnight to many friends to mention i hope everyone got home safely looking forward to the christmas one.

keep on keeping on Billy :thumbsup:

• Replies 58
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What a great night the Derbyshire lads had,my aching calfs prove that.

Good to see the Drifters,plus all the folk I talked to during the night,

And Billy its aways nice to meet up with you mate,how long did it take to get home this time?

Thankyou Mr,Andy McCabe, for for putting the Countrys number 1 Allnighter on.

Kev :ohmy:

P.S. what a great spot by Flanny

Edited by good angel

BRILIANT NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!

JUST HOPE I RECOVER IN TIME FOR THE CRIMBO EXTRAVAGANZA !

TOP SETS FROM ALL IN THE CARL WILLINGHAM SUITE ( WHERE I LURKED THE MOST!) SEAN,PETE,FRED,GEOFF,MARIA AND A CERTAIN MR SHIELDS FROM BELFAST...TOP MARKS !!!

MAIN FLOOR..FLANNY,NICK & ROBBO WERE THE ONLY SETS I CAUGHT (WELL PART OF , SOME MORE THAN OTHERS) ALL TOP NOTCH....HOSS LAST SPOT IN BACKBEAT CLUB WAS KICKING.....JUST A TOP NIGHT ALL-ROUND.

CHEERS KIPPER FOR LIFT HOME..CHEERS SIAN FOR THE FIRST-AID !!!!!!! IT' WAS AN ACE NIGHT , NEVER TALKED SO MUCH....... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST BE SOMETHING IN THE WATER :ohmy:

CPTN M :thumbsup:

Edited by bearsoul

BRILIANT NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!

JUST HOPE I RECOVER IN TIME FOR THE CRIMBO EXTRAVAGANZA !

TOP SETS FROM ALL IN THE CARL WILLINGHAM SUITE ( WHERE I LURKED THE MOST!) SEAN,PETE,FRED,GEOFF,MARIA AND A CERTAIN MR SHIELDS FROM BELFAST...TOP MARKS !!!

MAIN FLOOR..FLANNY,NICK & ROBBO WERE THE ONLY SETS I CAUGHT (WELL PART OF , SOME MORE THAN OTHERS) ALL TOP NOTCH....HOSS LAST SPOT IN BACBEAT CLUB WAS KICKING.....JUST A TOP NIGHT ALL-ROUND.

CHEERS KIPPER FOR LIFT HOME..CHEERS SIAN FOR THE FIRST-AID !!!!!!! IT' WAS AN ACE NIGHT , NEVER TALKED SO MUCH....... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST BE SOMETHING IN THE WATER :ohmy:

CPTN M :thumbsup:

=======

yes another TOP nite ...i thought Carl Fortnums spot was awesome and Soul Sam was on top form.too

just another brill allniter and i cant believe how many were on the dancefloor at the end!

Guest Andy BB

Corker that Andy. Cheers

Brilliant music, lovely people. Although I'm still trying to work out why some scooterboy was singing Angelic Upstarts England at me!!?

Cheers - superb!

=======

yes another TOP nite ...i thought Carl Fortnums spot was awesome and Soul Sam was on top form.too

just another brill allniter and i cant believe how many were on the dancefloor at the end!

totally agree mark,thought Carl Fortnum played a great set,second half of sam's set hit the spot,parliaments,appointments,arthur willis and the answers sounded good as well,roll on december,speaking to andy yesterday,sometimes we don't realise how lucky we are in the manchester area to have a venue like this on our doorstep,when people are travelling 3-4 hours down/up the motorway to get here,great stuff

Mick

speaking to andy yesterday,sometimes we don't realise how lucky we are in the manchester area to have a venue like this on our doorstep,when people are travelling 3-4 hours down/up the motorway to get here,great stuff

Mick

:lol: ...oh so true but worth the 2 1/2 hour trip each way....brilliant night, thanks.

To have a packed dance floor at 8am when it should have finished at 7.30am was a credit to you all.... :thumbsup:

Only down point of the night....the toilets....enuf said... :D

Edited by Rugby Soul Club

First time here, and i only live 20 mins away, been told so much about the place, so went and had a look for myself.

What a refresing place, the sounds were top notch, sound i have`nt heard for years, great to dance to records you hav`nt heard for more than a month (if you know what i mean).

Met so many people (mainly outside under the shelter in the smoking area, it was like being back at school in the bike sheds) a good laugh.

friends not seen for a while, nice to see you again gary & karl.

The dance floor was busy all night, i left a little early 5am, (knackard) been up since 6am saturday.

For me the best spot was carol, thanks for playing esko affair.

Well, what can I say, excellent night, hardly sat down all evening, lots of familiar faces, Sean Chapman did a fantastic spot as did everyone else. On the two tables next to me were a group from Exeter, Somerset and Cornwall, we don't realise how lucky we are living "Up North" :D

Good to see Simon from the AFSC, I hobbled out into the daylight at 8am :thumbsup:

Thanks to Ricky and Sue for the lift home.

Guest Mrs Simsy

That was the best Middleton i've been to. Thanks to Andy for the sellotape at the beginning of the night so i could attach my SSLAAS badge to myself! (Lovingly made on the back of a flyer from Ang B!) Danced for most of the night. Sean Chapman & Bob Hinsley were fantastic as were all the other DJs. Can't wait for the next one. Thanks to Sian for driving the 5 hour round trip & to Tina for keeping us entertained on the way home! Met some new faces which is always nice & great to see everyone that i know. Had to laugh-was talking to someone that i had just met & a song came on that i wanted to dance to. Instead of saying right i'm off for a dance, i said right i'm off for a bath! Did get a funny look!!

wow, what a night!

the quickest nighter EVER - it was 6am before i knew what had hit me (a mix of guiness and gin&tonic)...missed loads of dj's but heard one of the best - Phil Shields. just brilliant, there's no reason why this guy shouldnt be in the main room.

the night went so fast i didnt even have a chance to dance in the RnB room :thumbsup: or even wink at Stevie T properly - steve, i hope the mini dress was worth the wait....and that lady thinking we were an "item" was classic....! so many people i wanted to chat to but didnt get the time, took my camera but had no time for photos....Imberboy - just made me laugh so much :thumbsup::thumbsup: the face of a vacant murderer.... :lol:

and of course, the big treat of the evening - Olof making a surprise visit over from Sweden :lol: thanks for your Viking company, it really was lovely to see you.

anyway, danced so much i could hardly walk back to the car. which i think says it all. cant wait for the xmas bash :thumbsup:

Edited by thenorwichdancer

8 hour round trip on the motorways,Hannahs non stop talking and scaring families at service stns along with the terrible weather made the journey enjoyable..soulies travel all over the country to get to Middleton cos its worth it. We had a fantastic time,always do.The place was packed from start to finish,3 rooms playing some great rare n cheaper tunes all mixed up nicely.Carl Fortnum almost killing Hannah by playing The Combinations..loads of friends old and new there to chat with.Thank you all for support and kind comments.*Kit thanks mate,ive got to find myself a copy,fantastic tune.Thanks Steve & Lydia for coffees,the suprise return of Olof. As Sean Chapman would say..c'mon Decembers Middleton,lets be having ya! Thanks Andy. nick. :thumbsup:

As requested heres my tunes 4.30-5.30am

JOHNNY RODGERS WITH THE NUTONES..MAKE A CHANGE..AMON.

DEE DEE BARNES..DO WHAT YOU WANNA DO..ARCTIC.

LEVON & THE HAWKS..HE DONT LOVE YOU..ATCO.

ART BENTON..SWEET LOVING..CHRIS.

CHARLES LAMONT & THE EXTREMES..IVE GOT TO KEEP MOVIN..CHALLENGE.

EDDIE JASPER DAYES FOUR BARS..LEAN ON ME..DAYCO.

AMBASSADORS..DO YOU EVER THINK ABOUT ME..DEBROSSARD.

RAY SCOTT & THE SCOTTSMEN..RIGHT NOW..DECCA.

TOMMY RIDGLEY..MY LOVE GETS STRONGER..INTERNATIONAL CITY.

THE CAPITOLS..I GOT TO HANDLE IT..KAREN.

THE VOLUMES..AINT GONNA GIVE YOU UP..KAREN.

ZZ HILL..WHAT MORE..KENT.

RAY AGEE..REAL REAL LOVE..KRAFTON.

TNJS..TWO GIRLS..LUCKY LOU*

MOSES DILLARD & DYNAMIC SHOWMEN..ILL PAY THE PRICE..MARK V.

JOSEPHINE TAYLOR..AINT GONNA CRY NO MORE..MARVLUS.

REE FLORES..LOOK INTO MY HEART..M&H.

CLAUDE BABY HUEY..DRIFTING..MIOB.

CAROL WOODS..HEART BREAKER..PERFECTO 7.

TY KARIM..YOU REALLY MADE IT GOOD TO ME..SENATOR.

THE JAYWALKERS..CANT LIVE WITHOUT YOU..SHIO.

ROBERT REDTOP YOUNG..YOUR FUTURE..SOULSATIONS.

ISLEY BROTHERS..ALL BECAUSE I LOVE YOU..TAMLA.

WILLIE & THE HANDJIVES..GOTTA FIND A NEW LOVE..VEEP.

HOWARD TATE..HALF A MAN..UTOPIA.

Edited by nick hackett

wow, what a night!

the quickest nighter EVER - it was 6am before i knew what had hit me (a mix of guiness and gin&tonic)...missed loads of dj's but heard one of the best - Phil Shields. just brilliant, there's no reason why this guy shouldnt be in the main room.

the night went so fast i didnt even have a chance to dance in the RnB room :thumbsup: or even wink at Stevie T properly - steve, i hope the mini dress was worth the wait....and that lady thinking we were an "item" was classic....! so many people i wanted to chat to but didnt get the time, took my camera but had no time for photos....Imberboy - just made me laugh so much :lol: the face of a vacant murderer.... :lol:

and of course, the big treat of the evening - Olof making a surprise visit over from Sweden thanks for your Viking company, it really was lovely to see you.

anyway, danced so much i could hardly walk back to the car. which i think says it all. cant wait for the xmas bash

what a fantastic night ...one of the best ever,great music and so much atmosphere

Helen always a great pleasure to to see you,YES!!!!!...the mini was worth the wait,fantastic,although

i did find it tended to ride up a tad :lol: ...maybe it was the Static caused by the fur on my legs :thumbsup: ..

No seriously folks, you looked as per normal....stunning :yes: . On an other note i am so glad that you buckled over with great joy and side splitting rip roaring laughter,that someone ....god forbid,thought we were an

item :thumbsup: ....do i amuse you???...seriously Helen not everyone knows i am gay .... SHHHH!!!..everyone

will want one.

Many thanks the Lydia & Steve for putting my son up for the night xx

Was wonderful to see so many suits from Darn sarf,spread the word,its agreat night.

Last but not least, a real big thank you for Soul Sam spot :thumbsup: ....i have never seen the r&b room so packed

lets hear it for Sam whooo!!...whoo!

PS for any one i talked Bollocks to...pissed off or just generaly annoyed....I DONT CARE !!! :P ..my work

is done...thank you and good night....Steve has left the building

Second trip across from Belfast for me and had a great night once again!

Great to meet up with friends from Rugby (Sian kept doing a reaction test on me at 6.30 in the mornin and had my nerves wrecked :thumbsup: ) .. and to do the faces to names bit Mr&Mrs Munchkin.. see you in Dec' for Belfast :g: and hi to Tabs and thenorwichdancer and allso lovely to meet Olof and have a bit ofa chat...

A big thankyou to our host's for the weekend C&C you really looked after us and I didn't have to lift "my bad hand" once .. so big love and hopefully see you guy's for the 21'st for ATOH biggrin.gif xxxx

I also had a fantastic night the atmosphere was great & the music i thought was the best weve had there in a while, it was great all round thanks to everyone i had a laugh with & sorry to everyone i talked shit to, but i dont think im the only one that does it, but i think i do get encouraged to do it more, i would of loved to ride in sians mistery machine with the rugby lot what a journey that would be, & nick hackett how can you say hannah scares people in the morning thats not nice she bloody lovely, sorry for all you who were to poorly to go it was youre loss it was great :thumbsup::g:

What a great night the Derbyshire lads had,my aching calfs prove that.

Good to see the Drifters,plus all the folk I talked to during the night,

And Billy its aways nice to meet up with you mate,how long did it take to get home this time?

Thankyou Mr,Andy McCabe, for for putting the Countrys number 1 Allnighter on.

Kev :lol:

P.S. what a great spot by Flanny

4 and half hours Kev dont stop pissed in a bottle.

Billy

Ps.Guessed who was holding the bottle

Guest kid mohair

Has allways top night never had a bad one, the best allnighter going, spent most of the time in the rnb room as usual, good to see it really busy in there and nashee played that record again that is in my top 3 cant remember what it was though i ask her then forget :wub: stevie t for the nice kind vs :no: nick hacketts carol woods record, brilliant,and good to see neeef behind the decks there :lol: see everybody up the hideaway so it can happen again.

We were nearly home, that's 2 hours before I realised we hadn't got any music on.... :no:

Kylee, Tina and I were having a great chat.

Tabs was asleep, I can't understand why!!!

and I think Fudge wished he was.... :yes:

I fell asleep because of that droning noise in the background, wonder what it was.............. :lol:

Mind you drinking until 5 in the morning might have had an effect. :wub:

My first time to Middleton but will be back for sure.

Testament to the quality of the night that it over ran by half an hour and at 8.00 people still didn't want to leave.

Some cracking music, people ace and a well organized venue.

I didn't hear a duff set all night.

Class with a capital C.

Great to meet new friends and put faces to names, Ang b and jo65 especially.

Also good to see old friends Mark Freeman and Matt Male.

Even if I had seen them the night before. laugh.gif

If you haven't been then you must try Middleton.

Highly recommended.

Best to all

Tabs

8 hour round trip on the motorways,Hannahs non stop talking and scaring families at service stns along with the terrible weather made the journey enjoyable..soulies travel all over the country to get to Middleton cos its worth it. We had a fantastic time,always do.The place was packed from start to finish,3 rooms playing some great rare n cheaper tunes all mixed up nicely.Carl Fortnum almost killing Hannah by playing The Combinations..loads of friends old and new there to chat with.Thank you all for support and kind comments.*Kit thanks mate,ive got to find myself a copy,fantastic tune.Thanks Steve & Lydia for coffees,the suprise return of Olof. As Sean Chapman would say..c'mon Decembers Middleton,lets be having ya! Thanks Andy. nick. :unsure:

As requested heres my tunes 4.30-5.30am

JOHNNY RODGERS WITH THE NUTONES..MAKE A CHANGE..AMON.

DEE DEE BARNES..DO WHAT YOU WANNA DO..ARCTIC.

LEVON & THE HAWKS..HE DONT LOVE YOU..ATCO.

ART BENTON..SWEET LOVING..CHRIS.

CHARLES LAMONT & THE EXTREMES..IVE GOT TO KEEP MOVIN..CHALLENGE.

EDDIE JASPER DAYES FOUR BARS..LEAN ON ME..DAYCO.

AMBASSADORS..DO YOU EVER THINK ABOUT ME..DEBROSSARD.

RAY SCOTT & THE SCOTTSMEN..RIGHT NOW..DECCA.

TOMMY RIDGLEY..MY LOVE GETS STRONGER..INTERNATIONAL CITY.

THE CAPITOLS..I GOT TO HANDLE IT..KAREN.

THE VOLUMES..AINT GONNA GIVE YOU UP..KAREN.

ZZ HILL..WHAT MORE..KENT.

RAY AGEE..REAL REAL LOVE..KRAFTON.

TNJS..TWO GIRLS..LUCKY LOU*

MOSES DILLARD & DYNAMIC SHOWMEN..ILL PAY THE PRICE..MARK V.

JOSEPHINE TAYLOR..AINT GONNA CRY NO MORE..MARVLUS.

REE FLORES..LOOK INTO MY HEART..M&H.

CLAUDE BABY HUEY..DRIFTING..MIOB.

CAROL WOODS..HEART BREAKER..PERFECTO 7.

TY KARIM..YOU REALLY MADE IT GOOD TO ME..SENATOR.

THE JAYWALKERS..CANT LIVE WITHOUT YOU..SHIO.

ROBERT REDTOP YOUNG..YOUR FUTURE..SOULSATIONS.

ISLEY BROTHERS..ALL BECAUSE I LOVE YOU..TAMLA.

WILLIE & THE HANDJIVES..GOTTA FIND A NEW LOVE..VEEP.

HOWARD TATE..HALF A MAN..UTOPIA.

Great night all round.

Nick's & Sir Bob's where the sets of the night for me.Great to hear someone playing Levon & The Hawks,brilliant sound that doesn't get the deck time it deserves.The Capitols also sounded great at a big venue,good to see a cheapie getting a go.

Cheers

Martyn

www.hullsoulclub.com

Has allways top night never had a bad one, the best allnighter going, spent most of the time in the rnb room as usual, good to see it really busy in there and nashee played that record again that is in my top 3 cant remember what it was though i ask her then forget :thumbup: stevie t for the nice kind vs laugh.gif nick hacketts carol woods record, brilliant,and good to see neeef behind the decks there :thumbsup: see everybody up the hideaway so it can happen again.

Had a belter of a night,would love to party with you an Gina on Saturday,but baby sitting (well the moneys good)...so have a dance for me :shades:

Guest Tim aka Bob

for me the best one ive been to, full house start to finish, and it went on till 8.00 in the main room which i stayed in all night every dj played a excellent spot the floor kept buzzing allnight to many friends to mention i hope everyone got home safely looking forward to the christmas one.

keep on keeping on Billy :thumbsup:

Had a crackin nite all round....in fact a crackin weekend all round!! Went straight from the 'Celtic Derby' at the Millenium Stadium.....met up with the other 'Draycott Drifters' in the Potteries to collect urgent supplies of oatcakes and cider.....not so quick change at Birchwood......then retreated to our secret training camp high above Middleton :thumbup:

Great to see all the faces....from NSE&W (+Derbyshire).......superb nite!!! thumbup.gif

Was good to see so many freinds again...I had to crawl away before the end,the man fluuuuuuuuuuuuuu is still there :thumbup: ..

Spent all my time in the main room,real shame as there is so much music to hear....Nice to see that Helen is gouing deeeeeeeeeeper on the tunes now :shades::thumbsup: ...Olof had a nice time and is still going strong today wicked.gif ...

The main room was still full when we left at 6.30am..Must be something in the water at that place smile.gif ..

All the best to so many good folk i met again...

Was good to see so many freinds again...I had to crawl away before the end,the man fluuuuuuuuuuuuuu is still there :lol: ..

Spent all my time in the main room,real shame as there is so much music to hear....Nice to see that Helen is gouing deeeeeeeeeeper on the tunes now :yes::thumbup: ...Olof had a nice time and is still going strong today :wicked: ...

The main room was still full when we left at 6.30am..Must be something in the water at that place :) ..

steve, lovely to see you as always - hope you're feeling better soon :yes: . yeah, the soul is getting deeper and my hemlines are getting shorter :P . who knows where it will end......heartbreak and indecent exposure i suppose........ :lol:

steve, lovely to see you as always - hope you're feeling better soon :wicked: . yeah, the soul is getting deeper and my hemlines are getting shorter :lol: . who knows where it will end......heartbreak and indecent exposure i suppose........ :thumbup:

yes ! indecent exposure does bring heart break, because when they come to arrest you....Erm ....sorry was thinking of something else :lol:

What can you say that has'nt already been said top nite all round, something for everyone . it is a joy to play tunes to a crowd so up for it, makes dj,ing a pleasure thanks to all the dancers and listeners alike

heres my playlist in no particular order as requested by d management

STANKY GET FUNKY - BILLY DAVIS - COBBLE STONE

HOLLYWOOD FLAMES - DANCE SENORITA - SYMBOL

JAMO THOMAS - I'LL BE YOUR FOOL - UK.CHESS

J.B. TROY - LIVE ON - MUSICOR

VOLCANOS - IT'S GOTTA BE A FALSE ALARM - HARTHON

CAPITALS - I CAN'T DENY THAT I LOVE YOU - OMEN

JIMMY HOLIDAY - IV'E BEEN DONE WRONG - DIPLOMACY

MOUSIE & THE TRAPS - HOW ABOUT YOU - TODDLIN TOWN

JIMMY LEWIS - LET ME KNOW - MINIT

LARRY WRIGHT - SWEET SWEET KISSES - A-GO-GO

BOBETTES - HAVING FUN - R.C.A.

DUPREMES - SO IN LOVE WITH YOU - DUPREMES

NAT HALL - WHY - LOOP

NU-RONS - ALL OF MY LIFE - NU-RON

JONATHAN CAPREE - GONNA BUILD ME A MOUNTAIN - OX-BOW

COUNTS - STRONGER THAN EVER - YES

MEL WILLIAMS - BURN, BABY, BURN - STAR

RUFUS LUMLEY MINNEAP'LIS, MINNESOTA - AFFORD

BRISTOLS - (GO AWAY) WITH A GIRL LIKE HER - AUDIO DYNAMICS

DISTRICTS - ONE LOVER - NILE

FOUR TRACKS - LIKE MY LOVE FOR YOU - MANDINGO

BARBARA CARR - MY MAMA TOLD ME - CHESS

HOPE FULLY SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE ROLL ON DECEMBER

SEE YOU THERE , FLANNY

Guest clanger v2

Another fantastic night at Middleton :thumbup:

Thanks to everyone in making this night what it is.......the best nighter around :wicked:

Looking forward to December already.

Guest matt tees

Another fantastic night at Middleton :thumbup:

Thanks to everyone in making this night what it is.......the best nighter around :wicked:

Looking forward to December already.

My first time to DJ at Middleton and what a pleasure and privilege, This place has everything and a great opportunity to hear stuff I've never heard before, what an education. The whole place rocks so roll on December 29. As requested please find my spot in Carl and Maria's suite plus the Main Room.

CARL & MARIA'S WILLINGHAM SUITE 10 - 11.15

MIGHTY POPE - IF YOU WANT A LOVE AFFAIR

SHARON McMAHAN - GET OUT OF MY LIFE

COCO & BEN - GOOD FEELIN

JERRY WASHINGTON - DON'T WASTE MY TIME

EXECUTIVE JAM - I'M INTO YOUR LOVE

ULTIMATES - GIRL I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOU

GUITAR RAY - YOU'RE GONNA WRECK MY LIFE

MARCIA HINES - YOU GOTTA LET GO

DAVID RUFFIN - EVERYTHING'S COMING UP LOVE

GLORIA SCOTT - A CASE OF TOO MUCH LOVEMAKING

RICHARD CAITON - I SEE LOVE GIRL IN YOUR EYES

UJIMA - I'M NOT READY

HEARTS OF STONE - IF I COULD GIVE YOU THE WORLD

ANTHONY WHITE - HEY BABY

COREY BLAKE - HOW CAN I GO ON WITHOUT YOU

KENNY SHEPARD - WHAT DIFFERNCE DOES IT MAKE

TERRY RONALD - WHAT THE CHILD NEEDS

GEORGE BENSON - MY WOMAN'S GOOD TO ME

IDENTITIES - WHEN YOU FIND LOVE SLIPPING AWAY

ALBERT JONES - FIFTEEN CENT LOVE

ALMETA LATTIMORE - THESE MEMORIES

GLORIA SHANNON - TEARS

EUGENE RECORD-OVERDOSE OF JOY

BUDDY SMITH - WHEN YOU LOSE THE ONE YOU LOVE (DEDICATED TO NIGEL SHAW)

MAIN ROOM 11.30 - 12.30

FOUR PRO'S JUST ANOTHER GIRL

PARISIANS - TWINKLE LITTLE STAR

DEL LARKS - JOB OPENING

VIOLA WILLS - I GOT LOVE

JOHN LEACH - PUT THAT WOMAN DOWN

JOE JAMA - MY LIFE

HAMILTON MOVEMENT - SHE'S GONE

ELIPSES - PEOPLE

MIXED FEELINGS - SHA-LA-LA

LENNY CURTIS - NOTHING CAN HELP YOU NOW

JOHNNY HOWARD - THE CHASE IS ON

TRADITIONS - MY LIFE WITH YOU

SWEET BREEZE - GOOD THING

SAM WILLIAMS - LOVE SLIPPED THROUGH MY FINGERS

CAUTIONS - NO 0THER WAY

PATRINELL STATEN - LITTLE LOVE AFFAIR

SALVADORS - STICK BY ME BABY

JIMMIE BO HORNE - I CAN'T SPEAK (DEDICATED TO NIGEL SHAW)

Edited by matt tees

Blown away with the support from travellers the length and breadth of the country regardless of what else is on,just goes to show you dont have to play the same old stuff to fill a large venue.Thats the sixth niter this year ive had to apologise to a full dance floor for haveing to close,which is a great testament to the resident and guest djs who have worked very hard to make this venue a success.Some excellent spots on sat in all 3 rooms not going to single anyone out as everybody sounded good.So on behalf of all the middleton promoters and djs i would like to thank all our regulars for there support this year,and if you think sat was good wait till the xmas party on the 29th dec :D .

What can you say that has'nt already been said top nite all round, something for everyone . it is a joy to play tunes to a crowd so up for it, makes dj,ing a pleasure thanks to all the dancers and listeners alike

NAT HALL - WHY - LOOP

SEE YOU THERE , FLANNY

fantastic set and i was lucky enough to get it on disc thanks the lot

cheers bish

phil, any chance of putting up your set list?

hiya Helen heres what i played in Carl & Marias

the chantells with the aqualads "i'll never know" aqua.

ray marchard "your ship of fools" dore.

the durettes "sweet, sweet love" svr.

dusty wilson "its gonna be a tradegy" mutt.

eplisons "mind in a bind" hem.

the cashmeres "dont let the door hit your back" hem.

the headlines "hes just looking for love" luau.

johnny hoyle "what about me" ray bo.

the ravin mads "where is love" ravin.

ellie greenwich "baby" red bird.

frankie & the damons "man from soul" jcp.

candy & the kisses "let love win" vogue.

richard anthony "keep on livin on" virtue.

james bell & the highlighters band "the love of my girl" 3 diamonds.

johnny summers "im still yours" yorktown.

matthew barnett "if your love is real" puff.

paris "sleepless nights" doc.

ron baxter "this is it" ole-9.

the jackey beavers show "were not too young to fall in love" jaber.

the tropics "hey you little girl" topic.

the new yorkers "dont want to be your fool" tag-ful.

mr lucky "i told you once before" dot.

louis paul "the change will do you good" intro.

jimmie & the entertainers "new girl" toddlin town.

the trends "thanks for a little loving" abc.

jesse davis "gonna hang on in there girl" era.

the martells "where can my baby be" a la carte.

the venturas "heart of love" green light.

the pentagons "gonna wait for you" sutter.

clarence hill "a lot of lovin goin round" mainstream.

the lost soul "a secret of mine" raven.

the naturals "dont just stand there" path.

the jades "lucky fellow" mode.

chryslers & the monarchs band "im not gonna lose you" je jody.

wade flemons "two of a kind" ramsel.

re-vells "i want a new love" frankford wayne.

mildred harrison "youve got a good thing goin" teron.

mickey buckins "silly girl" norala.

the exceptions "baby you know i need you" groovey grooves.

sorry they're not in the right order but they got kinda mixed up back at the captains on sunday :yes:

Guest BigPaul

Was good to see so many freinds again...I had to crawl away before the end,the man fluuuuuuuuuuuuuu is still there :yes: ..

Spent all my time in the main room,real shame as there is so much music to hear....Nice to see that Helen is gouing deeeeeeeeeeper on the tunes now yes.gif:( ...Olof had a nice time and is still going strong today :lol: ...

The main room was still full when we left at 6.30am..Must be something in the water at that place :D ..

Thanx to Steve and Lydia for there lovely company again and chaperoning me to my first Middleton. Due to illness i travelled from Mansfield on my Jack Jones. Met some nice peeps and spoke to some i already new, danced a bit and soaked up what was a fantastic atmosphere. The music was absolutely top drawer,some new to my ears and others much more familiar.Needless to say i'll be back roll on 29Dec.

Regards

Paul :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbup:

Andy I love you & your venue that much that I'm doing this & listening to England get beat by Croatia (2-0 at present), well here goes with my take on the evening.

Saturday was like the Vanguards - "Good times,Bad times" for me, you'll understand soon. Been looking forward to this for weeks & been unable to say so on SS as had a Trojan virus in the old PC looking for me Bank details & passwords, scary or what? Not even Gail knows them. :no:

Roared down the M62 with Gail,Gary & Claire as Soul hostages, the wind buffeting us & the rain trying to force us back but no way were we to be detered from our goal. Quick couple of Becks in Wetherspoons before off to say "Hi" to the fabulous front of house Dreamgirl, "Helena" who always has a lovely big smile for me (Wot a Babe) & we're in, quick shimmy to the bar for drinks & downstairs to join Bish, Carole,Russell, Kae, Wendy,Jamie, Ady & Ali in the Notts naughty corner with Pete Wid, Ian & Lindsay.

Before I go any further here are the people I spent time with/annoyed/bored shitless etc, who expect me to list them & can feel slighted if I don't, so you can skip this bit if you want,ok.

Steve & Karen, Bev & Mark,Stan & Christine,Joe & Barb,Smiggy,Vic, Tracy,Neil & Wendy,Trev & Rich,Col & Shirl,Jerry with Martyn & Lynn,Lionel & Maria,Nick & Hannah,Mike Cog & Jan, Flanny & Deb's,Kit,Quinvy,Roger & Jen, Dave Rivers & Steph (who always arrives fashionably late) K.C. without her Sunshine Band of Jill & Becky, Neil Jones who was heading off to Blackburn (hissssss) & had left his passenger window open since he arrived, Ooops!! Finally our good friends Kev & Pauline from Skipton & Big Paul from Attic @ Mansfield who were all Middleton virgins & thoroughly enjoyed it & better still will be back. These are the poor souls who didn't manage to avoid me & if I've missed anyone then I'm sorry but you were clever you did manage to avoid me. :P:lol:

To the night in question, Billy "Fred Perry" Whizz decended on our corner & decided to stay & do his "Edinburgh Fringe" street performance & what a sight it was my m8, also dressed from top to toe in white I expected Boris Becker to pop up at any moment for a quick knock about with Billy, also I noticed that Billy is down to one armband, so the swimming must be progressing well!!! Billy what would I write about without you, your a star m8 & like Eddie says, "You know I love ya Billy, you know I love alright Billy". :thumbsup:

Now here comes the mood changer & I start missing parts of the nightly entertainment, midnight'ish Gail takes ill (enough to worry me), so it's off to the car for 3 hours, without a fiddle or a fumble in mind. Steve Cato may have gone home with "Man Flu" but I'm sure Billy gave Gail "Bird Flu", Boootiful. Managed to get time off for good behaviour & get back in to have a listen & a jig.

So heres the bits I remember; Middleton virgin, Sean "Cheeky Chappy" Chapman gave it his all, as usual, Top Man, John Poole did a cracking spot & remember dancing to most of it, Nick Hackett as alway, on the money & with a bit of R&B,Roger Banks the "Martini Man", anytime, any place, any where,any era & any genre, one of the best yet,Bob Hinsley like a KFC Bargain Bucket, alway exceptional value for money & never disappoints. Only caught a bit of Flanny & Sam's spots, so can't really comment but was gutted I missed "Parliaments". angry.gif

On reflection seems I didn't miss that much really, so I must have been neglecting Gail, nothing new there then. By the way she's a lot better now, so no need to cart her off to a Government Research & Experimental Facility.

Can't wait for December, cos it's still the best all round nighter & I must get in training, NOW. :lol:

Those I missed or upset, I apologise but it was an odd night.

Till our next adventure, take care & be safe, "It's a jungle out there",

Spot. :(

ps. Billy the dvd is excellent, ta m8. :huh:

Edited by spot

A little late with my own ramblings but I'd rather be this late than be as late as, say, the late King George!

Tasked with playing the opening set of the night in the main room, it was great to have such a good dancefloor reaction so early on when folk are usually getting seats, drinks etc so thanks to those who shuffled the shoe leather to my humble offerings.

Its always good to have the chance to mix things up a little and hopefully set the tone for the night ahead, so here's what I played during the 1st 90 minutes......

Billy Davies - Three Steps From True Love - ABC

Naked Checks - Over & Over - C/U

Little Beaver - Listen To My Heartbeat - CAT

Bloodstone - Just Wanna Get The Feel Of It - Motown

Ronnie Stokes - Touch You Again - Philly City

Ed & Ernie - Indication - JayBoy

Trends - Gonna Have To Show You - ABC

Falcons - Good Good Feeling - Big Wheel

Combinations - Bump Ball - RCA

Visitors - What About Me - TRC

Freddie Scott - I'll Be Gone - Shout

Al Gardner - Sweet Baby - Googa Mooga

Billy Kennedy - Sweet Things - Thelma

Belita Woods - Grounded - Moira

Barbara Carr - My Mama Told Me - Chess

Tammy Wayne - Have A Good Time - Boom

Diplomats - Honest To Goodness - Minit

Paul Sindab - You Dropped Your Candy In The Sand - Hype

Joe Simon - Long Hot Summer - SS7

Satisfactions - Take It Or Leave It - Smash

Larry Williams - You Ask For One Good Reason - Okeh

Darrow Fletcher - What Have I Got Now - Jacklyn

Clyde Milton - I'd Rather Leave On My Feet - Disco-Tac

L'il Major Williams - Girl Don't Leave Me - Palladium

Delegates Of Soul - Running Back - Uplook

Jesse Johnson - Left Out - Old Town

Dynamics - I Need Your Love - RCA

Gene Toones - What More Do You Want - Simco

Wooden Nickels - Nobody But You - Omen

Dickie Wonder - Nobody Knows - Golden Triangle

Billy Sha-Rae - I'm Gone - Spectrum

Nate Evans - Love Slipped Thru My Fingers - Acetate

Unfortunately I didnt get to return after KGH but great to read that the night was another great success.

Soon be December!!! whistling.gif

Neil Jones

NAT HALL - WHY - LOOP

SEE YOU THERE , FLANNY

Thought that one by the Counts sounded F*****n Brill in the big room.

What a fantastic nite had by all! Some of the tunes just blew me away.

The nite just seemed to fly by.Even tho there was a half hour extension!!

Mike Cog !!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy I love you & your venue that much that I'm doing this & listening to England get beat by Croatia (2-0 at present), well here goes with my take on the evening.

Saturday was like the Vanguards - "Good times,Bad times" for me, you'll understand soon. Been looking forward to this for weeks & been unable to say so on SS as had a Trojan virus in the old PC looking for me Bank details & passwords, scary or what? Not even Gail knows them. :unsure:

Roared down the M62 with Gail,Gary & Claire as Soul hostages, the wind buffeting us & the rain trying to force us back but no way were we to be detered from our goal. Quick couple of Becks in Wetherspoons before off to say "Hi" to the fabulous front of house Dreamgirl, "Helena" who always has a lovely big smile for me (Wot a Babe) & we're in, quick shimmy to the bar for drinks & downstairs to join Bish, Carole,Russell, Kae, Wendy,Jamie, Ady & Ali in the Notts naughty corner with Pete Wid, Ian & Lindsay.

Before I go any further here are the people I spent time with/annoyed/bored shitless etc, who expect me to list them & can feel slighted if I don't, so you can skip this bit if you want,ok.

Steve & Karen, Bev & Mark,Stan & Christine,Joe & Barb,Smiggy,Vic, Tracy,Neil & Wendy,Trev & Rich,Col & Shirl,Jerry with Martyn & Lynn,Lionel & Maria,Nick & Hannah,Mike Cog & Jan, Flanny & Deb's,Kit,Quinvy,Roger & Jen, Dave Rivers & Steph (who always arrives fashionably late) K.C. without her Sunshine Band of Jill & Becky, Neil Jones who was heading off to Blackburn (hissssss) & had left his passenger window open since he arrived, Ooops!! Finally our good friends Kev & Pauline from Skipton & Big Paul from Attic @ Mansfield who were all Middleton virgins & thoroughly enjoyed it & better still will be back. These are the poor souls who didn't manage to avoid me & if I've missed anyone then I'm sorry but you were clever you did manage to avoid me. :lol::unsure:

To the night in question, Billy "Fred Perry" Whizz decended on our corner & decided to stay & do his "Edinburgh Fringe" street performance & what a sight it was my m8, also dressed from top to toe in white I expected Boris Becker to pop up at any moment for a quick knock about with Billy, also I noticed that Billy is down to one armband, so the swimming must be progressing well!!! Billy what would I write about without you, your a star m8 & like Eddie says, "You know I love ya Billy, you know I love alright Billy". :rolleyes:

Now here comes the mood changer & I start missing parts of the nightly entertainment, midnight'ish Gail takes ill (enough to worry me), so it's off to the car for 3 hours, without a fiddle or a fumble in mind. Steve Cato may have gone home with "Man Flu" but I'm sure Billy gave Gail "Bird Flu", Boootiful. Managed to get time off for good behaviour & get back in to have a listen & a jig.

So heres the bits I remember; Middleton virgin, Sean "Cheeky Chappy" Chapman gave it his all, as usual, Top Man, John Poole did a cracking spot & remember dancing to most of it, Nick Hackett as alway, on the money & with a bit of R&B,Roger Banks the "Martini Man", anytime, any place, any where,any era & any genre, one of the best yet,Bob Hinsley like a KFC Bargain Bucket, alway exceptional value for money & never disappoints. Only caught a bit of Flanny & Sam's spots, so can't really comment but was gutted I missed "Parliaments". :unsure:

On reflection seems I didn't miss that much really, so I must have been neglecting Gail, nothing new there then. By the way she's a lot better now, so no need to cart her off to a Government Research & Experimental Facility.

Can't wait for December, cos it's still the best all round nighter & I must get in training, NOW. :D

Those I missed or upset, I apologise but it was an odd night.

Till our next adventure, take care & be safe, "It's a jungle out there",

Spot. :wicked:

ps. Billy the dvd is excellent, ta m8. :yes:

not to sure on the edinburgh fringe spot im glad that u enjoyed the d.v.d i thought that i had 2 arm bands on see u in december.

Billy the old git from the east

Fantastic night,always a pleasure to DJ in the Carl Wllingham suite. Many thanks to Carl&Maria and of course Mr Andy Mcabe for letting me DJ at one of the best Niters in thecountry.Here is most of what i played.

GENE MIDDLETON NO ONE TO LOVE ME FUNK FACTORY

SIR GEORGE I LOST YOU GIRL G&G

LOUIS CURRY YOU'RE JUST PLAIN NICE REEL

RICK WEBB LOVIN' YOU AIN'T GONNA BE EASY MJN

CREATIONS OH BABY! GLOBE

JOE TOWNS TAKE MOMMA OUT OF THAT SHACK TOP DOG

BARRINO BROTHERS JUST A MISTAKE TCB

LLOYD W. WILLIAMS I NEED YOU NOW SOUL BEAT

ELSIE STRONG ASK THE LONELY SOUNDS INTERNATIONAL

JIMMY SCOTT NOBODY BUT YOU GIANT

VOLUMES AIN'T GONNA GIVE YOU UP KAREN

MASQUERADERS HOW LA BEAT

PROFESSIONALS DID MY BABY CALL GROOVE CITY

PAT LEWIS NO ONE TO LOVE SOLID HIT

SHARON McMANN GOT TO FIND ANOTHER GUY KAREN

SHARON Mc MAHAN LOVE IS WONDERFUL KAREN

TOBI LARK CHALLENGE MY LOVE TOPPER

FABULOUS APPOLLOS THE ONE ALONE VALTONE

GAMBRELLS YOU BETTER MOVE CARLA

TEMPOS I'LL NEVER FORGET DIAMOND JIM

PRISCILLA PAGE I'M PRETENDING TOPPER

HOLLIDAYS I LOST YOU GROOVE CITY

TOBY LARK LOTS OF HEART USD

MARTHA STAR I'M LONELY THELMA

ROBERT WARD I'M GONNA CRY A RIVER

ATLANTICS WHAT'S SO GOOD ABOUT GOODBYE MARQUEE

NELSON SANDERS MOJO MAN RAMBLER

OK EVERYONE ELSE HAS DONE IT.....SO MANY THANKS TO ALL WHO ENCOURAGED, ASSISTED,GOADED , & LISTENED TO MY 1ST EVER DJ ATTEMPT AND THANKS TO JOE FOR ASKING ME INTO THE BACKBEAT GANG IF ONLY FOR A WHILE....BRAD HAS BEEN KIND ENOUGH TO TAPE IT ALL ,SO HERES WHAT I PLAYED......

SPECIAL THANKS TO MY TECHNICAl assistants ted coulstone and kev drage.....i would have been lost without yOu!!!!

tO continue>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

WADE IN THE WATER.......ANGELIC CHOIR savoy

LOVE ANOTHER GIRL:::::::HAL MILLER & RAYS mala

CRAZY LITTLE BABY::::::SHIRLEY GUNTER tender

LITTLE BITTY GOOSE PIMPLES......JACK HAMMER kapp

BIG CHIEF.......... L YOUNG JESSIE mercury

SHOOK....JOHNNY PANCAKE sue

LOLLIPOP BABY....RYTHM ROCKERS faro

YOU WAITED TO LONG.....MAMIE PERRY

IM GONNA BE WITH YOU......FREDDY BUTLER m&m

I HAVENT CRIED......JOE MEDWICK all boy

ITS BEEN SO LONG.....KENNY DANA shell

A MAN SHOULD NEVER CRY....BILL TARZAN JONES tishman

NOBODY FINE AS DINAH....UNNISS CONTOURS ACCETATE

RUNAWAY SLAVE.......JOE PERKINS musicr

LOVE TALK....AUGUSTUS ROBINSON superior

YOUR THE BEAT OF MY HEART....JOE RAGLAND /JERRY LAWRENCE ORCH....stigers

DOCTUER[FEVER],IN FRENCH, ......joycelyn PASCALL canadian miracle

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THESE MEN....LULA HOWARD key jo

I AINT DONE NOTHIN TO YOU....PAT PATRICKS aladdin

GENUINE LOVE....RUTHIE MAE ROSS dumas

LOVE ME...NICKI ROBINS strand

ALI BENGAZI....JACK HAMMER ronnex belgian ep

WAITING FOR MY BABY BABY.....BARBARA SIMPSON simpson

STATION HURT......BOBBY LONG/ PREMIERS cub

DANCE IF YOU WANNA.....BABY JEAN stacy

LOVE MUST BE TABBOO....TONY CLARKE fascination

IF THE THING IN MY ROOM......JOHNNY HUNTER liberty

DONT BREAK THE SPELL OF LOVE.....BONNEVILLES private stoock

SHE 'S ALRIGHT......WILLIE HAMILTON hrp

TIME IS RUNNING OUT.....JIMMY JONES co-ed...........................AND IT HAD :lol: CHEERS :ohmy: EZZIE

Edited by ezzie brown

Fantastic night,always a pleasure to DJ in the Carl Wllingham suite. Many thanks to Carl&Maria and of course Mr Andy Mcabe for letting me DJ at one of the best Niters in thecountry.Here is most of what i played.

GENE MIDDLETON NO ONE TO LOVE ME FUNK FACTORY

SIR GEORGE I LOST YOU GIRL G&G

LOUIS CURRY YOU'RE JUST PLAIN NICE REEL

RICK WEBB LOVIN' YOU AIN'T GONNA BE EASY MJN

CREATIONS OH BABY! GLOBE

JOE TOWNS TAKE MOMMA OUT OF THAT SHACK TOP DOG

BARRINO BROTHERS JUST A MISTAKE TCB

LLOYD W. WILLIAMS I NEED YOU NOW SOUL BEAT

ELSIE STRONG ASK THE LONELY SOUNDS INTERNATIONAL

JIMMY SCOTT NOBODY BUT YOU GIANT

VOLUMES AIN'T GONNA GIVE YOU UP KAREN

MASQUERADERS HOW LA BEAT

PROFESSIONALS DID MY BABY CALL GROOVE CITY

PAT LEWIS NO ONE TO LOVE SOLID HIT

SHARON McMANN GOT TO FIND ANOTHER GUY KAREN

SHARON Mc MAHAN LOVE IS WONDERFUL KAREN

TOBI LARK CHALLENGE MY LOVE TOPPER

FABULOUS APPOLLOS THE ONE ALONE VALTONE

GAMBRELLS YOU BETTER MOVE CARLA

TEMPOS I'LL NEVER FORGET DIAMOND JIM

PRISCILLA PAGE I'M PRETENDING TOPPER

HOLLIDAYS I LOST YOU GROOVE CITY

TOBY LARK LOTS OF HEART USD

MARTHA STAR I'M LONELY THELMA

ROBERT WARD I'M GONNA CRY A RIVER

ATLANTICS WHAT'S SO GOOD ABOUT GOODBYE MARQUEE

NELSON SANDERS MOJO MAN RAMBLER

TOP TUNES SIR !!!!!

OK EVERYONE ELSE HAS DONE IT.....SO MANY THANKS TO ALL WHO ENCOURAGED, ASSISTED,GOADED , & LISTENED TO MY 1ST EVER DJ ATTEMPT AND THANKS TO JOE FOR ASKING ME INTO THE BACKBEAT GANG IF ONLY FOR A WHILE....BRAD HAS BEEN KIND ENOUGH TO TAPE IT ALL ,SO HERES WHAT I PLAYED......

SPECIAL THANKS TO MY TECHNICAl assistants ted coulstone and kev drage.....i would have been lost without yOu!!!!

tO continue>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

WADE IN THE WATER.......ANGELIC CHOIR savoy

LOVE ANOTHER GIRL:::::::HAL MILLER & RAYS mala

CRAZY LITTLE BABY::::::SHIRLEY GUNTER tender

LITTLE BITTY GOOSE PIMPLES......JACK HAMMER kapp

BIG CHIEF.......... L YOUNG JESSIE mercury

SHOOK....JOHNNY PANCAKE sue

LOLLIPOP BABY....RYTHM ROCKERS faro

YOU WAITED TO LONG.....MAMIE PERRY

IM GONNA BE WITH YOU......FREDDY BUTLER m&m

I HAVENT CRIED......JOE MEDWICK all boy

ITS BEEN SO LONG.....KENNY DANA shell

A MAN SHOULD NEVER CRY....BILL TARZAN JONES tishman

NOBODY FINE AS DINAH....UNNISS CONTOURS ACCETATE

RUNAWAY SLAVE.......JOE PERKINS musicr

LOVE TALK....AUGUSTUS ROBINSON superior

YOUR THE BEAT OF MY HEART....JOE RAGLAND /JERRY LAWRENCE ORCH....stigers

DOCTUER[FEVER],IN FRENCH, ......joycelyn PASCALL canadian miracle

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THESE MEN....LULA HOWARD key jo

I AINT DONE NOTHIN TO YOU....PAT PATRICKS aladdin

GENUINE LOVE....RUTHIE MAE ROSS dumas

LOVE ME...NICKI ROBINS strand

ALI BENGAZI....JACK HAMMER ronnex belgian ep

WAITING FOR MY BABY BABY.....BARBARA SIMPSON simpson

STATION HURT......BOBBY LONG/ PREMIERS cub

DANCE IF YOU WANNA.....BABY JEAN stacy

LOVE MUST BE TABBOO....TONY CLARKE fascination

IF THE THING IN MY ROOM......JOHNNY HUNTER liberty

DONT BREAK THE SPELL OF LOVE.....BONNEVILLES private stoock

SHE 'S ALRIGHT......WILLIE HAMILTON hrp

TIME IS RUNNING OUT.....JIMMY JONES co-ed...........................AND IT HAD ohmy.gif CHEERS :lol: EZZIE

CRACKING STUFF !! :ohmy:

Source Advert