Pitching Records

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Bang Em UP!!!

Nothing better than hearing a Pinky and Perky Stomper.

WOOF!

link

Joe what about Ike Noble........did you play it minus 3 :rolleyes::thumbsup::ohmy:

Social source share

Used to have an original demo and matching test pressing of Milt Grayson....

Too blummin slow at +6........

WOOF!

link

aahhh.......the Velvet Voice, gotta go dig it out and play the foul and heinous swine now........

Social source share

As a slow track, much prefer Jimmy Ricks 'Oh What A Feeling'.... so much so I played it in the R&B room on Sunday.

WOOF!

link

Gotta agree fine and dandy tune Herr Dog. But what about Lonnie Brooks for an up tempo mover on the wonderful "Cheer Up With The Chirrup" label....hell my good man it is worth buying purely for the asthetic beauty of that said label.

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Sorry to interupt ladies, but I'm of the opinion some tracks sound better ++ a little.

I know there's a whole crowd of you that have the pitch welded-up and insist they should be played the way the artist intended.

The puritan in me agrees, but the devil in me, after a heady cocktail of booze and the like, insists the pitch gets a gentle prod on the + side.

Not every track mind, just the odd one that in my opinion becomes more 'dancefloor friendly' after a slight adjustment. I'm not talking 'Chipmunks' speed, hell no!

There, that's my opinion.

Social source share

Sorry to interupt ladies, but I'm of the opinion some tracks sound better ++ a little.

I know there's a whole crowd of you that have the pitch welded-up and insist they should be played the way the artist intended.

The puritan in me agrees, but the devil in me, after a heady cocktail of booze and the like, insists the pitch gets a gentle prod on the + side.

Not every track mind, just the odd one that in my opinion becomes more 'dancefloor friendly' after a slight adjustment. I'm not talking 'Chipmunks' speed, hell no!

There, that's my opinion.

link

Me and you are going to have a serious talk young fella.........

Social source share

Guest Jamie

link

Aww crap! you have an opinion and the Australian Dog Whip comes out from under the stairs. :rolleyes:

Be gentle with me, for I am young and foolish :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Jamie

link

You telling me you can tell I've pitched Frederick Hymes @ 2:00 in the morning after one of our sessions and you're dancing your little ass off?

Not bloody likely mate :rolleyes:

Social source share

Reason for the original post, is that i was at the Dome (some time back) and they played Delores Clark "living to please" and it was pitched higher, just didn't sound right, hell i know that record move for move, totally f**** my choreographed dance moves up ( yeahhhh right).

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Reason for the original post, is that i was at the Dome (some time back) and they played Delores Clark "living to please" and it was pitched higher, just didn't sound right, hell i know that record move for move, totally f**** my choreographed dance moves up ( yeahhhh right).

link

Agree if you are talking +/- 6 or whatever, that is drastic and will be immediately noticed, especially if you have a pom-pom routine like Brett :rolleyes:

I was talking a subtle +1 or 2. No f***** pricks up their ears and really notices, it just helps the dancefloor.

All in my clueless opinion that is :thumbsup:

Social source share

Agree if you are talking +/- 6 or whatever, that is drastic and will be immediately noticed, especially if you have a pom-pom routine like Brett  :rolleyes:

I was talking a subtle +1 or 2. No f***** pricks up their ears and really notices, it just helps the dancefloor.

All in my clueless opinion that is  :D

link

Well i'm a f****** that pricks up their ears, good god i am also sanctomonious (whatever that f******* means) :thumbsup::ohmy::yes:

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Well i'm a f****** that pricks up their ears, good god i am also sanctomonious (whatever that f******* means) :rolleyes:   :thumbsup:   :ohmy:

link

Maybe I didn't give you enough credit. You still have answered my question about Freddie Hymes.

Tell you what, I'll pitch a track in my first set (making it easy!) at +2.

You tell me which one it was, you sanctamonious f***** :D:D:yes:

£10 on it :yes:

Social source share

In all seriousness Jamie i really cannot see the point of pitching, surely it's the reserve of the fucking hip hop t*** Dj, yes i know it has happend for years, but i have always listened to vinyl at home at its original speed.....guess i'm a purist and not as i always say to you and others a DJ.

Social source share

Guest Jamie

In all seriousness Jamie i really cannot see the point of pitching, surely it's the reserve of the fucking hip hop t*** Dj, yes i know it has happend for years, but i have always listened to vinyl at home at its original speed.....guess i'm a purist and not as i always say to you and others a DJ.

link

I'm no DJ :thumbsup:

I'm just a piss-artist with a few records. I must admit mate, at home I never fiddle with the pitch. Weird that, it's just when I've had a skin-full playing out :rolleyes:

Social source share

Jamie surely you would never flip the Royal Esquires and pitch that glorious baby......would you :rolleyes: , we both know that it is a brilliant tune and i would shriek like some foul howling banshee with swine fever, if ever i heard that bastard occurence

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Jamie surely you would never flip the Royal Esquires and pitch that glorious baby......would you :rolleyes: , we both know that it is a brilliant tune and i would shriek like some foul howling banshee with swine fever, if ever i heard that bastard occurence

link

I said not all, just some.

I would slice off my own hands with a Scimitar if I touched the pitch on that.

Sacrilege!

Social source share

Defo not, i'm with you regarding it being played the way its meant to be, not speeded up or toned down :thumbsup:

link

BIGSOULMAN, i'm drinking shiraz cabernet.........would you like a glass :rolleyes:

Social source share

I said not all, just some.

I would slice off my own hands with a Scimitar if I touched the pitch on that.

Sacrilege!

link

well then Jamie why not the rest, come on man.....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!