Guest Andy Kempster

• Replies 28
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

one went last night for $1226, surely thats OTT

what would be the normal vaue of this? or is this right?

I have seen them swapping hands for about £7/800 over the last year or 2, very much a tune in demand for some to own and to play out too i guess as i heard it a few times recently

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Wasn't that long ago it was £150, in the real world it still should be...

Simon :thumbsup:

i would love to pick one up at £150 i did put a bid on this but nowhere near the £600 mark it went

it is a blimmin awesome record though

Social source share

Guest Dr Pickles

i would love to pick one up at £150 i did put a bid on this but nowhere near the £600 mark it went

it is a blimmin awesome record though

Think they are a bit more than that nowadays and you got to find one in the first place.

Mine cost closer to Bearsy's figure, but it was at the top of my list for 5 years.

Now it's Eddie Parker, The Combinations or maybe the Mello Souls :thumbsup:

Doc

Edited by Dr Pickles
Social source share

Think they are a bit more than that nowadays and you got to find one in the first place.

Mine cost closer to Bearsy's figure, but it was at the top of my list for 5 years.

Now it's Eddie Parker, The Combinations or maybe the Mello Souls :thumbsup:

Doc

I think you'll find those three a tad harder than the Parisians, Mr Pickles, maybe add a couple of noughts onto the years!

Simon :g:

Social source share

Now it's Eddie Parker, The Combinations or maybe the Mello Souls :lol:

Doc

5 years! you can't have been looking hard enough. seen a few the last couple years or so. I would rate it at £400 personally, the £600-800 it's been fetching bit much IMHO. Then agian I'm not buying and they must be happy to pay that....and they say prices are coming down :wub::no:

Social source share

Yes and The Traditions on Abet is better

Since when?

Traditions is no where near the parisians, it lacks bolox in vocal and dance appeal far more 'sparse' too.

Play them both one after the other, parisians blows the traditions out the window :lol:

Social source share

In case you haven't heard the story behind the Parisians, apparently the singer was a bit doolally, would only perform when allowed to wear his glove puppet of a cockroach (!!) which he'd actually sing to, listen to the b-side and you'll get the idea!! A-side seldom strays from my playbox, a lot of people in Lavaronne just heard this for the first time....

Social source share

Since when?

Traditions is no where near the parisians, it lacks bolox in vocal and dance appeal far more 'sparse' too.

Play them both one after the other, parisians blows the traditions out the window :unsure:

Baz, I don't even like the record, it's a bleedin nursery rhyme. I just think the Traditions is the better version. Just my humble opinion, of course. :D

Edited by quinvy
Social source share

In case you haven't heard the story behind the Parisians, apparently the singer was a bit doolally, would only perform when allowed to wear his glove puppet of a cockroach (!!) which he'd actually sing to, listen to the b-side and you'll get the idea!! A-side seldom strays from my playbox, a lot of people in Lavaronne just heard this for the first time....

I think that story may have changed over time... We met the producer a few years ago, Ernie Fields...he was a big TV variety show guy, but in the past was involved with records....the B-side one of the versions is called "Cock roach" and he did this appalling TV show where a dummy called "Cock roach" and he would crack gags together..followed by about 30 seconds of canned laughter...I remember him insisting that Al and I watched the show...we sat there pissing ourselves..not at the show but at how bloody terrible it was, still got the DVD at home...came across it the other day and it brought back some memories.....

Oh Yeah...took a few copies of each version from him too....still have my traditions, the best version.

Chris.

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

I think that story may have changed over time... We met the producer a few years ago, Ernie Fields...he was a big TV variety show guy, but in the past was involved with records....the B-side one of the versions is called "Cock roach" and he did this appalling TV show where a dummy called "Cock roach" and he would crack gags together..followed by about 30 seconds of canned laughter...I remember him insisting that Al and I watched the show...we sat there pissing ourselves..not at the show but at how bloody terrible it was, still got the DVD at home...came across it the other day and it brought back some memories.....

Oh Yeah...took a few copies of each version from him too....still have my traditions, the best version.

Chris.

Now there's a YouTube clip in the making :thumbsup: Chris, you've got me all curious now....a dummy called 'Cockroach' - beginning to sound like a cult classic already laugh.gif Jo

Social source share

"Traditions is no where near the parisians, it lacks bolox in vocal and dance appeal far more 'sparse' too."

I think the Traditions is better as I prefer the backing, the bongos in it are brilliant. Also think the vocal is better as well, the sparseness of it is what I like. Ceratinly hear the Parisians much more....the Traditions deserves more airing. Would agree that it is in general a great song anyway.....

Social source share

Now there's a YouTube clip in the making :thumbup: Chris, you've got me all curious now....a dummy called 'Cockroach' - beginning to sound like a cult classic already :wicked: Jo

Yeah the dummy plays straight man to Ernies "jokes"....makes me cringe everytime i think about it...

I think Ernie had this cock roach theme going on throughout his careeer, bit of a trademark/ catchphrase kind of thing......

Chris.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!