Manifesto Mag Subscription

Seems such a simple thing but having real problems in trying to take out a subscription for this mag .

Used to buy it monthly from local 'Borders' bookshop -they have now stopped stocking it-so contacted Mike @Manifesto by phone in Sept to set up and pay for a yearly subscription for home delivery -gave all details etc . No mags have ever arrived , credit card not charged , no replies from Manifesto to subsequent tel calls (answerphone -I leave messages) Numerous emails sent -no reply

Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Seems such a simple thing but having real problems in trying to take out a subscription for this mag .

Used to buy it monthly from local 'Borders' bookshop -they have now stopped stocking it-so contacted Mike @Manifesto by phone in Sept to set up and pay for a yearly subscription for home delivery -gave all details etc . No mags have ever arrived , credit card not charged , no replies from Manifesto to subsequent tel calls (answerphone -I leave messages) Numerous emails sent -no reply

This is a problem that has always been associated with Manifesto.

Not just recently but for years.

I can give you Paul Phillips' number, he deals with advertising but may be able to help.

01763 244366

Social source share

Always have these problems..........still waiting for October ish, but have November's from same subscription(?).........anyway, spoke to Paul Phillips last week, so you won't be the first to ring up bending his ear about this. Of course, it's not really Paul's problem, but he should "know a man that can", so to speak.

I did however point out to him that it doesn't help their cause if folk who are potentially going to pay for ad's in there don't get their magazines on time!!!! Wrong signals and all that!

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

use to buy all the mags.soul underground,soul up north,manifesto,skm,sof,etc.

always paid my subs.

stopped,after paying my subs for SOUL UNDERGROUND.the mag stopped,no refund.

wasnt the money,the trust had gone & add up all the others who paid subs upfront when mag stopped.

also tim ashabendies mag,pay for two upfront.you get one,then stops.

no need to say much more.

Edited by sepia
Social source share

use to buy all the mags.soul underground,soul up north,manifesto,skm,sof,etc.

always paid my subs.

stopped,after paying my subs for SOUL UNDERGROUND.the mag stopped,no refund.

wasnt the money,the trust had gone & add up all the others who paid subs upfront when mag stopped.

also tim ashabendies mag,pay for two upfront.you get one,then stops.

no need to say much more.

Except some of us are still going and honouring all subscriptions. Just because someone else ripped you off I would be grateful if you didn't include me in the same paragraph. Take it up with Mark Bicknall rather than implying SKM ripped you off by association

Social source share

Took me nearly two years to get a subscription sorted. Come thru OK now but as a potential advertiser that experience and this thread does not instill confidence, pity; cause it has to be said, that IMHO this mag is suberb.............shame really!

Come on guys sort it out and prosper

Social source share

hi all , dont know why you seem to be having problems, i have had maifesto from first issue ,up to presant day,never had any problems ever,on subsciption , yours mr j.p.

Social source share

I know Mike's been away just recently. Also he's almost as bad as Neil Rushton for returning phone calls but he's a mate so I'll give him a buzz tomorrow and voice everyone's concerns and tell him to pull his finger out!

Best,

Ian D

Hi Ian

Been intouch with him tonight. He says he will responed to this tomorrow :thumbsup: . As Ian says, a top bloke but not always quick with a response.

Dave

Social source share

Hi to anyone who has had problems.

I'm making no excuses for Mike but yes, he has been away and he is having personal problems which will remain so. If you have issues with subsciptions, feel free to call me on 07803 098584. My input involves interviews, a regular column and CD reviews amongst other things and I am in regular contact with Mike. Let me try and sort it on your behalf. I will do what I can.

In the meantime, keep on soulin'

Steve H

Social source share

Guest Una Scot-Oz

Haha LOL! In Mike's case could well do - he travels a lot - usually promoting Manifesto I have to say. Just seen Steve H's post as well, so I've no doubt between Dave, Steve and myself we'll get it sorted.

Best,

Ian D

Saw Roy and Mike over here in Adelaide a few weeks ago. I told them we had been trying for over a year too to get a subscription.

Social source share

I've tried to subscribe on more than one occasion, ringing numerous times & leaving messages as requested but never once received a call back, finally given up & just buy as & when I can at venues, however if anyone has a reliable supplier who I can use let me know with a pm, cheers. :thumbsup:

Such a good mag but such poor customer service,

Spot. :D

Social source share

I've tried to subscribe on more than one occasion, ringing numerous times & leaving messages as requested but never once received a call back, finally given up & just buy as & when I can at venues, however if anyone has a reliable supplier who I can use let me know with a pm, cheers. :thumbup:

Such a good mag but such poor customer service,

Spot. :yes:

I spoke to Mike this morning and he's now aware of the problem. I think he's going to join-up to Soul Source so he can deal with people directly. He's a bit of a techy-phobe hence the reason he hasn't been on here to date. Hopefully all will be sorted shortly!

He's the only magazine publisher I know that makes it difficult for people to subscribe LOL!

Regards to Gail Spot!

Ian D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert