Burning Bush - Keeps On Burning - Mercury

Guest northwest vinyl

Guest northwest vinyl

Burning Bush - Keeps On Burning b/w Evil Eye - Mercury 72657, white label demo copy in clean glossy VG+ condition (equal to Excellent condition in UK). Pressed slightly off center. $200 or best offer. Paypal accepted - take advantage of the current exchange rate! PM me if interested

Also check out my ebay auctions, adding more this week:

Click Here!

Edited by northwest vinyl
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

NOT MANY RETURNEES WILL NO THIS RECORD A GREAT LATE WIGAN RECORD ONE OF SEARLING FAVS.

link

Its a brilliant record IMO always loved it

Social source share

Guest taffy

B-SIDE EVIL EYE IS SOUGHT AFTER BY 60'S GARAGE COLLECTORS BUT DON'T THINK IT FETCHES THE NORTHERN PRICE.SOLD ONE A WHILE BACK FOR £50 BUT WHO KNOWS THE WAY PRICES ARE GOING THROUGH THE ROOF

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

NOT MANY RETURNEES WILL NO THIS RECORD A GREAT LATE WIGAN RECORD ONE OF SEARLING FAVS.

link

I remember Sam playing this before Richard spookily enough i always associate it with Newcastle Tiffs all dayers :rolleyes:

Social source share

I remember Sam playing this before Richard spookily enough i always associate it with Newcastle Tiffs all dayers  :rolleyes:

link

One of mine, I'm afraid. The first copy was sold to Ginger at St Ives for £50, loads of money then, and it cleared the floor. but he stuck with it and it ended up a very big sound. i'd have it for myself if I knew how to bid.

Social source share

One of mine, I'm afraid. The first copy was sold to Ginger at St Ives for £50

link

Always associate this with St. Ives, then Yate when Thorley had a copy - but isn't this another example of what we were saying on another thread about every NS biggie automatically being labelled a "Wigan Monster"?

Jerry.

Social source share

the reason why i said it was a wigan record jerry is because thats were i first heard it.Maybe it was played earlier. it was also played at notts palais alldayers.

Social source share

Guest northwest vinyl

Always associate this with St. Ives, then Yate when Thorley had a copy - but isn't this another example of what we were saying on another thread about every NS biggie automatically being labelled a "Wigan Monster"?

Jerry.

link

I'm sure this is the first time I've ever labeled a record I put up for sale as a "Wigan monster" and I wouldn't have done so except I knew the record was played at Wigan. I don't "automatically" call anything a "Wigan monster".

Social source share

Guest northwest vinyl

No takers for this at all?

It'll go up on ebay tomorrow so if anyone is interested, let us know beffore then, please :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest mattmale

Classic youthclub sound of the late 70s

brilliant! :wicked:

-----

Hmm after hearing it again, maybe i'll stick with my memories... :thumbsup:

M.

Edited by mattmale
Social source share

brilliant!  :wicked:

-----

Hmm after hearing it again, maybe i'll stick with my memories...  :thumbsup:

M.

link

wicked.gif There's a time and a place for everything and me thinks this record has had it's time and place :wicked::wicked::yes: The gear must have been shit hot back in the 70's :yes:

Social source share

brilliant!  :wicked:

-----

Hmm after hearing it again, maybe i'll stick with my memories...  :thumbsup:

M.

link

:yes:   There's a time and a place for everything and me thinks this record has had it's time and place  wicked.gif   :wicked:   :yes:   The gear must have been shit hot back in the 70's  :yes:

link

Maybe it appeals to girls more then cause I still think its great and I would probably run to the dance floor if someone played it :wicked:

Mind you everyone says my taste in music is crap :yes:

Social source share

Guest northwest vinyl

:wicked:   There's a time and a place for everything and me thinks this record has had it's time and place  :wicked:   :thumbsup:   laugh.gif   The gear must have been shit hot back in the 70's  :wicked:

link

Well I have to admit it is not to my taste either...

Was I asking too much for it? Does anyone know what it lists for in Manship?

Social source share

One of mine, I'm afraid. The first copy was sold to Ginger at St Ives for £50, loads of money then, and it cleared the floor. but he stuck with it and it ended up a very big sound. i'd have it for myself if I knew how to bid.

link

Deffo Ginger/St Ives.

Covered up 'You Keep Putting The Burning On' I think as the Gems.

Social source share

Guest martyn

Deffo Ginger/St Ives.

Covered up 'You Keep Putting The Burning On' I think as the Gems.

link

Yep,definetly The Gems

Social source share

Guest northwest vinyl

No offence, I wasn't getting at you personally!

Jerry.

link

Thanks, Jerry, none taken!

Gene @ Northwest Records

Social source share

Guest martyn

===============

ive got searling spinning at least twice at wigan circa 78..

i rate this 45 at 150 tops...got my demo for 80 a few years back but the issue is very rare

i still like the record

link

I first heard Ginger play this at St Ives in the summer of 77 :thumbsup: ner ner ner :thumbsup:

Social source share

Pay Attention you dozy lot. I discovered it and sold the first copy to Ginger who played it that night at St Ives. Fact not brag.

link

Ady, just out of interest, did you find the record and think "wow" this is fab and needs maximum exposure through a top line DJ or, I don't think this is unknown and I can make a few bob by selling it on now?

Social source share

Guest martyn

Pay Attention you dozy lot. I discovered it and sold the first copy to Ginger who played it that night at St Ives. Fact not brag.

link

Hmmm yes,I still have a tape somewhere from that night.Also on that tape besides The Gems are(amongst Others);

Judy Street-You Baby

Freddie McCoy-All of my Feelings

Len Barry-Turn off the music

Mirwood Men-My Girl's Angry

Round & Round in Circles-??

:yes:

Oh yes ,and,Sam following Gingers spot by saying"Well thats enough of the funky crap,on with the stompers this is the Ellingtons".................... :thumbsup:

:D:D:D

Social source share

Hmmm yes,I still have a tape somewhere from that night.Also on that tape besides The Gems are(amongst Others);

Judy Street-You Baby

Oh yes ,and,Sam following Gingers spot by saying"Well thats enough of the funky crap,on with the stompers this is the Ellingtons".................... :thumbsup:

:D   :D   :D

link

Destined to become a loser?

Social source share

Judy Street-You Baby

:D   :D   :D

link

Was Round and Round a UK thing on EMI?

I think I remember RW playing it at Wigan. Pretty sure it was shite of the highest order too.

I also remember Ginger getting mixed up once and announcing "Burning Bush" by the Gems - cue excitable teenager running round shouting "gimme a pen!! :D:D:D "

Godz

Social source share

Guest martyn

Was Round and Round a UK thing on EMI?

I think I remember RW playing it at Wigan. Pretty sure it was shite of the highest order too.

I also remember Ginger getting mixed up once and announcing "Burning Bush" by the Gems - cue excitable teenager running round shouting "gimme a pen!! :thumbsup:   :D   :D "

Godz

link

Yes it was The Expresions -Round & Round in Circles,re-issued on EMI in 1978,and yes,it was shite of the highest order,(especialy the vocal....)I can't make out the words on my tape what it was covered as though.

The other C/Us I listed(incase anyone cares :yes: ) were;

Jackie Trent-You Baby

Baja Marimba Band-Along Comes Mary

Service Men-Are You Angry

Social source share

Guest martyn

Destined to become a loser?

link

Yes Karen,not sure but I think that was also the night Sam first played The Camp-Marchin'.

Social source share

Guest martyn

===========

been after that 45 on orig for years

rare as f**k aint it

and whats wrong with the expressions.....??

you funny lot

lol

link

Ive never ever seen a proper copy of Marchin' for sale,in fact I think the only copy I have seen is the one Sam used to play

Whats wrong with the Expressions?Nothing.I hear its this years song for Europe in fact.

Social source share

Yes it was The Expresions -Round & Round in Circles,re-issued on EMI in 1978,and yes,it was shite of the highest order,(especialy the vocal....)I can't make out the words on my tape what it was covered as though.

The other C/Us I listed(incase anyone cares :thumbsup: ) were;

Jackie Trent-You Baby

Baja Marimba Band-Along Comes Mary

Service Men-Are You Angry

link

It was covered as 'Loaded Dice' and played a good 2 months before it was released...never caught on though.

Social source share

Guest micksmith

==========

the issues of this are extremely rare

but demo will do for now,,havent played for ages

will have to dig out an dspin it

link

post-1108-1111064827.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source