Jimmy Delphs - Dancing A Hole In The World

Tommaso

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

It's one of the toughest on the label. I've been looking for 15 years. I've been offered a few, mainly demos but I've also seen a couple of nice stock Issues. (Ted Massey has one on here). The last two demos I was offered ended up in the "Land Of The Rising Record Price". Turns out that there is a developing Detroit collectors scene in Japan. Damn yer eyes Mr Flynn! :thumbsup:

Joan's right though, the Esquires version is equally as good. Damn sight cheaper too. And it comes on a nice W/Demo! Nice. :(

Social source share

Nahhh... not a big one... a HUGE ONE!

I much prefer the Esquires version... far superior imo.

Although... I know from past experience myself... there will be a few who disagree.

You may well live to regret asking about this one :lol:

Both great versions, but have to agree with Joan, Esquires just has it. But for many it's a case of the Jimmy Delphs is stupidly rare so it has to be better.

But just my oppion

Dave

Social source share

Both great versions, but have to agree with Joan, Esquires just has it. But for many it's a case of the Jimmy Delphs is stupidly rare so it has to be better.

But just my oppion

Dave

I got a mint issue from John Anderson when Richard still had it covered as Tony Hestor. But as much as tried, I couldn't make myself believe it was better than the Esquires @ £3. So I sold it to a guy from the Midlands, who told a mate of mine he found it in a warehouse in Detroit :lol:

Edited by SteveM
Social source share

a few collectors must really prefer Jimmy D. when we auctioned a copy in March 07

it achieved an impressive final price of £2515

John I hate to disagree, the fact that they paid so much doesn't mean that they prefer it. It could be that they want to own the rarest version/copy. I don't say there is anything wrong, everyone collects for their own reasons. But to imply a version is better cuz people pay more doesn't stand up.

I think we are splitting hairs though, they are both damn fine records, just one is easier to obtain than the other.

Dave

Social source share

The last two demos I was offered ended up in the "Land Of The Rising Record Price". Turns out that there is a developing Detroit collectors scene in Japan. Damn yer eyes Mr Flynn! biggrin.gif

I can't shoulder the blame (on this occasion!), but I know of one which landed here not too long ago...mint and white it is too! If push came to shove, the Esquires win...almost every time.

ph34r.gif

Social source share

I can't shoulder the blame (on this occasion!), but I know of one which landed here not too long ago...mint and white it is too! If push came to shove, the Esquires win...almost every time.

:thumbsup:

Is it true Dave you got the record to add to your breakfast table of cut outs and discarded the black bit in the bin.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!