Walls Of Heartache, Walthamstow E17

Guest andys165

Guest andys165

Walls of Heartache opens its doors once more in Walthamstow, London E17, on Saturday March 26th. We're at the Cavern, 524 Forest Road, E17. 8.30pm-1am, just £4 on the door.

The only place for miles around where you can listen, and dance to, classic 60s soul/Northern and watch some great 60s TV visuals too. Two bars, dance floor, chill out room - and even candles on the tables. What more could you want?

This month's guest DJ is Colchester's Mike Hamilton, playing a rare set, while your hosts, Dave & Andy will fill the gaps with Motown/Stax/Northern and maybe a bit of r&b. Come early and help keep this rare night in Walthamstow a regular one.

What else you gonna do Easter weekend? Free Easter Eggs for the first 10 paying customers!!!!!

More details in the flyer gallery and on our website www.wallsofheartache.co.uk

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

For those of you interested, my play list from February (excluding the standards) was something like this:

Kim Weston - Take me in your arms

Mr Bloe - Grooving with Mr Bloe

San Remo Golden Strings - I'm satisfied

Peggy Scott and Jo Jo benson - Soulshake

Wayne Gibson - Under my thumb

Rita & the Tiaras - Gone with the wind

Betty Everett - Trouble over the weekend

Jackie lee - The shotgun and the duck

The Elgins - Put yourself in my place

RB Greaves - Take a letter maria

The Spinners - Truly yours

Rosco Robinson - Thats enough

The Yum Yums - Gonna be a big thing

Jason Knight - Our love is getting stronger

Archie Bell - A thousand wonders

The Invitations - Skiing in the snow

Brenda Holloway - I'll be available

Betty Wright - Clean up woman

Donnie Elbert - I cant help myself

Last month was another great night for all (I hope) and certainly great fun for me

Dave

ps don't be afraid to ask for music on the night - if weve got it we will try and play it.

Guest andys165

In case any of you were wondering what our crowd is like on the last Saturday of the month in Walthamstow - here is the dancefloor from Feb.

Easter Saturday (March 26th) is our next night so we hope to see you there.

Andy

post-2173-1110904204_thumb.jpg

Guest andys165

Just to let you know that our guest DJ for April 30th is Corinne Drewery from Swing Out Sister with her northern box of tricks.

BUT before then we have our Easter Saturday night in E17 (Mar 26th) and I've just picked up a couple of Barbara Acklin 45s that will definitely be blasting out.

See you there, I hope.

Andy

Ho WOH types, delighted to see you guys are back on Easter Saturday. I'll sneak down (family staying) and bring my dancing pals too.

Really enjoyed watching the films last month - anything new for us this time around?

Also: why did you play 'The Night' twice in an hour? Not that I'm complaining.

Eddie

Guest andys165

Eddie, we should have some new visuals this month, yes.

I played 'The Night' twice last month because I got over-excited on the first play and just HAD to hear it again. That's the beauty of running your own night - and, as you say, nobody seemed to complain. Will definitely only play it once (if that) on Mar 26th.

We got offered a wedding booking last month so must be doing something right. Can't wait to do a Peter Kaye when the bride's mother comes out of the loo - "Here is it, 'Bat Out Of Hell!"

Any requests? We've had one for 'Shoes', Bobby Bland.

Cheers

Andy

Guest andys165

I've had a couple of pm messages about the noticeboard on the Walls of Heartache website. It isn't working yet so sorry about that. We're trying to switch the whole site over from a PC to a Mac system without starting from scratch.

Anyone in Tenerife this week may be surprised to see our poster and flyers around town - DJ Dave is soaking up some sun (and chasing his daughter around the pool) before this Saturday's WOH in sunny Walthamstow.

www.wallsofheartache.co.uk

Andy

These free Easter Eggs you are giving away so generoulsy this Saturday night - what size are they?

Not that I'm wondering whether it's worth missing my tea for you understand.

See you Saturday

Eddie

PS Hols in Tenerife? You must be making a mint out of WOH.

Walls of Heartache opens its doors once more in Walthamstow, London E17, on Saturday March 26th. We're at the Cavern, 524 Forest Road, E17. 8.30pm-1am, just £4 on the door.

The only place for miles around where you can listen, and dance to, classic 60s soul/Northern and watch some great 60s TV visuals too. Two bars, dance floor, chill out room - and even candles on the tables. What more could you want?

This month's guest DJ is Colchester's Mike Hamilton, playing a rare set, while your hosts, Dave & Andy will fill the gaps with Motown/Stax/Northern and maybe a bit of r&b. Come early and help keep this rare night in Walthamstow a regular one.

What else you gonna do Easter weekend? Free Easter Eggs for the first 10 paying customers!!!!!

More details in the flyer gallery and on our website www.wallsofheartache.co.uk

link

Hope goes well, cant make this one, can you let me know when next one is please, thanks. :lol:

Guest andys165

Hi Karen

Shame you can't join us on Saturday. We're always the last Saturday of the month so next one, after this Saturday, is Sat April 30th when the lovely Corinne Drewery from Swing Out Sister will be our guest DJ. Hope you can make that one - happy easter

Andy

Eddie - I'm not divulging the size of our free Easter Eggs to help prevent a rush on the door at 8.30. That and the fact that I have two small kids who may have found and eaten them all by then.

Cheers

Guest andys165

Corinne will be delving into her Northern/Rare box of tricks, but I won't be asking her for a playlist in advance - bit rude that.

Anyway, we've got this Saturday to contend with first - just got some new 60s US TV footage through the door for Saturday inc the Impressions singing 'You've Been Cheatin' - nice.

Please let us have any requests that you'd like to hear, though the lady who asked for 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' will still be disappointed I'm afraid.

andy

Hey WOH folk, I've been listenign to some of the ska and rocksteady 6 pacs on this site and wondered if you guys had any plans to play any ska at Walls of Heartache.

If you do, I have a decent collection and lots of soul nights seem to be introducing one or two ska tunes so whadaya say? Lynn Tait anyone?

Eddie

Guest andys165

It's something we've talked about. I think because our night is still in its infancy we didn't want to confuse people by playing too much different stuff genre-wise.

It may be something we'll introduce as the weather warms up and I bloody love Lynn Tait as it goes. His 'Rocksteady Greatest Hits' is a fave LP of mine, as it was John Peel's I believe.

Would love to get my hands on some more of his stuff.

So no ska/rocksteady this Saturday but maybe in the future. I listened to Pete S's 6 pac - very nice.

Andy

OK Andy, you may be right.

Bit of Rocksteady as the summer comes in would be v nice. I belive it emerged from the more frantic ska of the early 60s because of a spate of particularly hot summers in JA that made dancing to the faster stuff a little tiring.

Not likely here tho eh?

Eddie

Guest andys165

I think that's a fair history of Rocksteady's origins, Eddie.

It's bloomin lovely in Walthamstow right now - sun pouring in through the window, cat thinks it's Xmas.

See you Saturday - I now have the free Easter Eggs for Walls of Heartache - first ten punters remember

Andy

www.wallsofheartache.co.uk

Guest andys165

Kids have found the free Easter Eggs for tomorrow night's Walls of Heartache and are piling on the pressure to let them dive in.

I'll resist, but have had to agree to take one of the boys to see Leyton Orient this afternoon. - I hope you lot appreciate the lengths we club organisers go through on your behalf. O's v Cheltenham Town...not exactly Chelsea v Barca is it?

Andy

Guest andys165

Just been asked about parking for Walls of Heartache in E17.

Lots of residential streets off of Forest Road that you can park in after 6.30pm no trouble.

Go for Howard Road, Falmer Road or Hurst Road - the three nearest.

See you all later

Andy

Guest andys165

Thanks to everyone who came down to WOH on Saturday.

Lots of competition for your time and energy on an Easter Bank Holiday but we got you up there dancing so thanks for continuing to support us.

We're back on April 30th with the lovey Corinne Drewery as our guest, so expecting a busy night.

Here's a couple of pics from Saturday - dancers 'the wedding couple', as we know them, and our good friend Darrell Fields with the camera.

Andy & Davepost-2173-1112012183_thumb.jpgpost-2173-1112012214_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comment Wedding Couple - better come early next month as we are hoping for another full house!

Thanks also to Gabby and her multitude of friends.

See you ll next month.

Dave whistling.gif