Name And Shame Rip Offs

Hello would like to here from soul folk who have been ripped off by anyone taking advantage of people who are on the northern soul scene. so we can warn every one before they waste money . and hopefully steer them in the right direction.

Please dont name someone without an explination of why you feel disatisfied

them

Thank You :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 48
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Suspect we've been ripped off by a Mr. Frank Marraffa for the sum of £200. He goes under 'Fam Imports' and his email address is fam_imports@yahoo.com.

BE WARY - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

:thumbsup::wicked:

Billy

link

"We've" wink.gif .... a few of here or you and Ian.... and would that be an eBay username, Gemm username, website or what Mark ????

Details mate....

Social source share

"We've" :wicked: .... a few of here or you and Ian.... and would that be an eBay username, Gemm username, website or what Mark ????

Details mate....

link

We being me and my son - he finds, I buy :wicked:

..on Musicstack but he also uses Gemm. B*stard :thumbsup:

BTW Top neet last at the Pond yesterday wicked.gif

Billy :dance:

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

We being me and my son - he finds, I buy :wicked:

..on Musicstack but he also uses Gemm. B*stard :thumbsup:

BTW Top neet last neet :wicked:

Billy :dance:

link

You'll have to let me in on that one.... then I can get me daughter to find whilst I'm in pub wicked.gif ....

Cheers mate.... didn't think it would be due to slow start with people coming in.... but then just filled quite nicely quite quickly :wicked: ....

Social source share

You'll have to let me in on that one.... then I can get me daughter to find whilst I'm in pub :thumbsup: ....

Cheers mate.... didn't think it would be due to slow start with people coming in.... but then just filled quite nicely quite quickly :wicked: ....

link

Leave her a list and your credit card and go to pub. Simple as! wink.gif

Are you going to Holgate tonight?

Mark

Social source share

Leave her a list and your credit card and go to pub. Simple as! :thumbsup:

Are you going to Holgate tonight?

Mark

link

Not so simple with her mate.... she'd be looking at and buying other stuff for her sen :wicked: ....

No mate.... logging off in a mo cause meeting Brett at 8pm in local pub then picking Shane and his sales box up on route for Sherridans allniter wink.gif ....

Social source share

Hello would like to here from soul folk who have been ripped off by anyone taking advantage of people who are on the northern soul scene. so we can warn every one before they waste money . and hopefully steer them in the right direction.

Please dont name someone without an explination of why you feel disatisfied

them

Thank You :thumbsup:

link

Just getting this thread back on topic for "back drops"....

Would just suggest that facts be 100% correct before printing owt :wicked: .... to avoid liables, etc..... and not just because "disgruntled" with a purchase....

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

A few years ago i gave a so called friend free access to about 40,000 45s. This was the bulk of a job lot i bought from the us. I let this person take records away so he could play them at home etc, when i sold him records they were always very cheap, he would buy multiple copies of some tunes (nick nack paddy wack) again i had no trouble with this. When i was forced to sell my records he asked for one last trawl through, the final deal came to £200 and he wanted to take 60 45s for a second listen. He paid me £150 therefore owing me £50 plus any 45s he wanted to buy. You know whats coming next I guess, that was the last time I saw this person. The real pisser was that the deal was done on a handshake and in my book that is my bond. I will always refund any deal done on a handshake. Well after trying to contact him/his girlfriends father/co-promoters/ I decided to send a solicitors letter, still no reply. I am not a violent person and it would be so easy to send a gorilla round to sort this lowlife out but its not me. I will have my money one day. Since telling this tale I've heard several similar stories about him so beware. So there is no misunderstanding about this post my name is Blake Helliwell formerly of Leeds now York. So stand up you are named and shamed........LEE MILLER formerly from Kent now residing in Whinmoor Leeds, Well known mod/r&b dj. You willgive me what you owe me Lee.

P.S. Is a handshake to a Mod a meaningless gesture, I doubt it. Blake H

Social source share

A few years ago i gave a so called friend free access to about 40,000 45s. This was the bulk of a job lot i bought from the us. I let this person take records away so he could play them at home etc, when i sold him records they were always very cheap, he would buy multiple copies of some tunes (nick nack paddy wack) again i had no trouble with this. When i was forced to sell my records he asked for one last trawl through, the final deal came to £200 and he wanted to take 60 45s for a second listen. He paid me £150 therefore owing me £50  plus any 45s he wanted to buy. You know whats coming next I guess, that was the last time I saw this person. The real pisser was that the deal was done on a handshake and in my book that is my bond. I will always refund any deal done on a handshake. Well after trying to contact him/his girlfriends father/co-promoters/ I decided to send a solicitors letter, still no reply. I am not a violent person and it would be so easy to send a gorilla round to sort this lowlife out but its not me. I will have my money one day. Since telling this tale I've heard several similar stories about him so beware. So there is no misunderstanding about this post my name is Blake Helliwell formerly of Leeds now York. So stand up you are named and shamed........LEE MILLER formerly from Kent now residing in Whinmoor Leeds, Well known mod/r&b dj. You willgive me what you owe me Lee.

P.S. Is a handshake to a Mod a meaningless gesture, I doubt it. Blake H

link

I like the name and shame option if a valid point is posted...I think people do need to be protected from sub humans and sharks..I don't think its very positive on the main post though or else it would get very busy with he said this and she did that...You say that Lee Miller owes you cash???for what..A bet/record/pint..If you pm me then i will ask him for you when i see him next week..If he came on here and said he owes you nowt then what??hundreds of posts with two different stories..Would like to hear peoples views..We do need to know if a person is a bad egg and then we don't get others ripped off but whats the way to go about it.

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Out of order. No evidence = no evidence.

I think that post should go, hopefully it's all just a misunderstanding and will get sorted.

Can't see it being anything else.

I've had some really good, really fairly priced, records from Lee.

Why, only recently he sold me a batch of about 60 45s for 20p...

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I like the name and shame option if a valid point is posted...I think people do need to be protected from sub humans and sharks..I don't think its very positive on the main post though or else it would get very busy with he said this and she did that...You say that Lee Miller owes you cash???for what..A bet/record/pint..If you pm me then i will ask him for you when i see him next week..If he came on here and said he owes you nowt then what??hundreds of posts with two different stories..Would like to hear peoples views..We do need to know if a person is a bad egg and then we don't get others ripped off but whats the way to go about it.

link

To be fair Steve, he does say in his post, the money is for records received, and some not returned.

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

It's always the Sheffield mob who take interesting subjects off topic.

You've never won f*ck all  laugh.gif

link

well lets get this one back on topic. yes.gif

Personally I dont like this name & shame thread. We have no proof about this situation with Lee Miller and the guy has been slated. I know Lee, not very well, but always a friendly guy imo.

I would have stuck to the 'solicitors' route to be honest.

Sorry...I just dont like it. :lol:

Shane

Social source share

You've never won f*ck all  laugh.gif

link

Pete,

Stevies from 'Uddersfield.

And your right, THEY never have won f*uck all.

But they are playing the pigs tonight at the McAlpine. so Stevies an honarary Blade for the night.

Steve

Spelling corrected yes.gif

Edited by BLADEFORLIFE
Social source share

I do hope a person from Sheffield can come on here in defence of this outburst..Shane..Brett...Vaults..Blade....Is winning an option on soul source laugh.gif

link

Stevie,

Lets hope Vault of souler can "inverted comma" him into submission yes.gif

Edited by BLADEFORLIFE
Social source share

I was referring to both Sheffield 'teams', Wednesday are has beens and United are never will be's, but anyway, it's a matter of fact that all threads are taken off topic by supporters of either of these two teams, so they should all be suspended  yes.gif

link

PMT Pete ? laugh.gif

Social source share

To be fair Steve, he does say in his post, the money is for records received, and some not returned.

link

Yes you are correct Mike,i read the post again and realise that..I read it first and thought Blake Helliwell was the named and shamed and then a go at Lee Miller without foundation...Sory Mikey...As for the outburst by Pete,does that relate to my post above???i thought it was on topic asking others what they thought about rip offs and the way to go about it..Is that fu"k all about the blades or the Wendy boys..I take it that you support a big club with many trophies...

Social source share

Yes you are correct Mike,i read the post again and realise that..I read it first and thought Blake Helliwell was the named and shamed and then a go at Lee Miller without foundation...Sory Mikey...As for the outburst by Pete,does that relate to my post above???i thought it was on topic asking others what they thought about rip offs and the way to go about it..Is that fu"k all about the blades or the Wendy boys..I take it that you support a big club with many trophies...

link

Steve - no way was it aimed at you, I have no idea who you support!

It was aimed at the pikeys.

My team ain't won any trophies for years mate...Wolves...

Social source share

link

Pronounced Wuullllvz in that glorious accent yes.giflaugh.gif

Social source share

link

Cheers Pete

I too come from a place with past glory..Once the best team in the world but it was back in the 20s...Be careful calling them south yorkshire soap dodgers pikeys,not very nice.. yes.giflaugh.gif

Social source share

You've never won f*ck all  :yes:

link

:rolleyes: .... never bite with the BLADE man and his "bollox" about the better half of the city cause I resist temptation.... BUT.... how can a "black CUNTry in-bred" ever say owt about winning owt :D:D ....

Awainting a response whilst tapping fingers....

And if this has been answered already then "sozz" but working me self through the thread after nearly 2 days offline :huh: ....

Social source share

Pete,

Stevies from 'Uddersfield.

And your right, THEY never have won f*uck  all.

But they are playing the pigs tonight at the McAlpine. so Stevies an honarary Blade for the night.

Steve

Spelling corrected :huh:

link

Said in a reply before Steve I wouldn't.... BUT you "can f*** right off" me owd cocker :D:rolleyes: ....

Social source share

I was referring to both Sheffield 'teams', Wednesday are has beens and United are never will be's, but anyway, it's a matter of fact that all threads are taken off topic by supporters of either of these two teams, so they should all be suspended  :D

link

Not happy about your fist bit Pete :no: .... but the "never will be" bit is so true :yes: ....

And as for the last bit then :rolleyes: .... not bothered about team affiliation.... just the fact that you're being totally "out of order" :D .... at least we don't use a "SOUL" forum for putting owt up that's "NOT SOUL" :no::huh: ....

We'll be inline after you mate re the "suspension" bit :D:D ....

did put "afflition" and "suspsion" :D cause typing fast in a fury.... now changed....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

This should get back on topic,its a very good question...

link

Totally agree Steve.... what was it now :D:yes: ....

Ah, yes.... naming and shaming "rip offs"....

Agree without question.... but only if the "post" isn't a one-off "dig" by a single purchaser with a gripe that they feel needs to be "aired" on here rather than taken up via e-mail or some other way :huh::rolleyes: ....

Social source share

Out of order. No evidence = no evidence.

I think that post should go, hopefully it's all just a misunderstanding and will get sorted.

Can't see it being anything else.

I've had some really good, really fairly priced, records from Lee.

Why, only recently he sold me a batch of about 60 45s for 20p...

link

Maybe you would like to see the letter he sent me saying how foolish he had been and I would have my money shortly. Yet again no money ever arrived. The 60 45s he took wern't crap and each would have had a nominal value of at least £5 making a debt of £400. I dont know about your finances but £400 is not an amount you just forget. I like many others has had records go from my sales box and its tough tits and i've had people take a record away to play and never seen them again, but for a so called mate to do the dirty on you deserves to be named. Please look at the opening strand to this topic my story fits perfectly. Blake H

Social source share

Not happy about your fist bit Pete :D .... but the "never will be" bit is so true :no: ....

And as for the last bit then :rolleyes: .... not bothered about team affiliation.... just the fact that you're being totally "out of order" :D .... at least we don't use a "SOUL" forum for putting owt up that's "NOT SOUL" :no:   :huh: ....

We'll be inline after you mate re the "suspension" bit :D   :yes: ....

did put "afflition" and "suspsion" :D   cause typing fast in a fury.... now changed....

link

Been down the pub on the way home have we? :D

Shandy, they ought to ban it...

Social source share

Guest Rowly

Maybe you would like to see the letter he sent me saying how foolish he had been and I would have my money shortly. Yet again no money ever arrived. The 60 45s he took wern't crap and each would have had a nominal value of at least £5 making a debt of £400. I dont know about your finances but £400 is not an amount you just forget. I like many others has had records go from my sales box and its tough tits and i've had people take a record away to play and never seen them again, but for a so called mate to do the dirty on you deserves to be named. Please look at the opening strand to this topic my story fits perfectly. Blake H

link

Hmm. :rolleyes: Lee's a good mate of mine and I find it very hard to believe he'd intentionally have anyone over.

I know he lost his job in January, and with it his car, his Mobile & internet access, so he's pretty difficult to get hold of at the mo. I should be seeing him Friday - I'll mention that he should get in touch with you... has to be some misunderstanding surely?

Social source share

link

Lee's a good mate of mine too and a top fella. Like Rowly says, he did unexpectedly lose his job and has consequently been a tad difficult to get hold of of late - who wouldn't be financially in a hole after that? I'll try and get hold of him tomorrow. I'd be extremely surprised to say the least if this is anything other than a misunderstanding and/or a delay in finding the funds, although obviously you deserve to be kept updated. Personally I'd trust the guy with my life and I don't think for a nano second he would intend to break any deal that he'd shook hands with you on - he just aint like that - I've known him for 20 odd years. Maybe the delay like I say is due to the unexpected job loss. I'll get hold of him tomorrow...

Rich

Social source share

I`d be only too pleased to tell everybody that LITTLE JOHN from Scunthorpre is a completely untrustworthy robbing bastard.........a few years ago he had some great tunes from me at a soul night with the "You know me, I`ll pay you next week" line, I trusted him and I eventuially got £50 a year later. He is a thief and i`ll tell anybody not to deal with him.

Chris

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

You're not wrong about LITTLE JOHN!

I went up north a while back with a group of my mates to a do just outside Nottingham. We had a cracking night and little John was being really nice and friendly and even bought us all a round of drinks and invited us to a party at his mate Robs.

A bit later on we awoke to see him and all his mates rifling through our belongings!

We chased them but they disappeared leaving us lost, alone and skint in the middle of Nottingham.

If it hadn't been for the fact that some of the Sherriff's men found us wandering around the forest we'd have died.

This would never have happened under King Richard!

:)

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Andy, you should cut back on the gear mate. 

Do you often hallucinate about men in green tights?

link

That little do outside Notttingham was probably one of those battle re-enactments. Saw a program about it recently on the TV.

I think I'd rather play the miner, cos the Old Bill looked well naughty, and deserved a good shoeing. :)

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!