Marvin Gaye - When I Feel The Need

macca

Had it played to me by a mate tonight. What a sound!

There's a 'test press' on Ebay right now.

An unissued track covered up by Chris King, says the blurb.

Is that right? Are there any legit vinyl copies or is it a CD only track?

Edited by macca
Social source share

Gotta say made massive in the North West a few years ago by Terry Davies @ Prestwich, and if its previously unissued nowt wrong with a test press i would have thought?

Never covered up by CK IMHO,

The first (to my knowledge) of the Chris Clarke 'somethings wrong' presses had this on the flip as 'its my baby' which wasn't a cover up, to late for that, just a mistake by well, whoever was behind it, :D

Edited by pete60
Social source share

• 11 years later...
2 minutes ago, chalky said:

First played by Chris King, not covered up to my knowledge. You could tell who it was straight away. 

Chris King introduced it as Marvin Gaye when he first played it at Tony's so agree not covered up. I already knew it as it was already out there anyway on the unreleased stuff (box set?) and I had it on a tape off someone.

Social source share

The one one eBay came out quite a few years back now, I bought it for a fiver or something as I love the track, and they’d had my money years before that when I bought the cd box set. The sound quality on the 7 is excellent, they did Tammi Terrell ‘all I do’ in a 7 around the same time,

cheers Sutty

Social source share

1 hour ago, Sutty said:

The one one eBay came out quite a few years back now, I bought it for a fiver or something as I love the track, and they’d had my money years before that when I bought the cd box set. The sound quality on the 7 is excellent, they did Tammi Terrell ‘all I do’ in a 7 around the same time,

cheers Sutty

Is this the one and is it official as Discogs have it as a bootleg and blocked ?

Marvin.jpg

Marvin A.jpg

Social source share

Just now, WoodButcher said:

First available on the 4-CD box set in '94 , remember it well as it was the first CD I bought in order to get the unreleased stuff.

Most expensive CD I've ever bought as I had to go and get something to play it on too ... :rolleyes:

Great box set though , I still play it to this day , a different cd for every mood I may be in on the day

The genius of Marvin !

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, WoodButcher said:

First available on the 4-CD box set in '94 , remember it well as it was the first CD I bought in order to get the unreleased stuff.

Most expensive CD I've ever bought as I had to go and get something to play it on too ... :rolleyes:

Pretty sure Chris was playing this before the box set, sure I heard it at the Hollingwood Hotel where I was a resident.  Chris had access to the vaults then doing those CDs with the unissued stuff on??

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 minutes ago, WoodButcher said:

But he was presumably playing a 'new' acetate he'd acquired/had cut ... ?   ( alongside numerous others he had around then , I seem to recall him playing a bunch of them at a Ritz nighter around the time)

I meant to say "first available" to us lowly punters who had to make do with the CD ... :)

For sure, as I said he was working for Motown back then.  It wasn't him if memory serves that played titbit either Andy Lee or John Poole????  But I am certain it was before the CD set.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 minutes ago, chalky said:

For sure, as I said he was working for Motown back then.  It wasn't him if memory serves that played titbit either Andy Lee or John Poole????  But I am certain it was before the CD set.

Is Chris not on Soul Source so he can clear this up or this will go round in every increasing circles

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Typo
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!