Vid: Buddy & Stacey (with Jimi Hendrix)- Shotgun Night Train 1966

Mike

stumbled across this, dunno how well known, but thought worth a passon

There's a interesting website somewhere that details every 45 Mr Hendrix was involved with before the big time

Memory says was quite informative as it also disproves some of the "dodgy" claims , was two 45s on one label that stood out but name and labels gone west

on clip

February 1965: After moving into the Wilcox Hotel,Hollywood,Jimmy (as it was written then)appears on TV for the first time. He is backing Long Island vocal duo Buddy and Stacey as they perform 'Shotgun', on the US show Night Train.

(from the insanely good, biography 'Eyewitness Hendrix' written by Johnny Black, 1999)

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

stumbled across this, dunno how well known, but thought worth a passon

There's a interesting website somewhere that details every 45 Mr Hendrix was involved with before the big time

Memory says was quite informative as it also disproves some of the "dodgy" claims , was two 45s on one label that stood out but name and labels gone west

on clip

February 1965: After moving into the Wilcox Hotel,Hollywood,Jimmy (as it was written then)appears on TV for the first time. He is backing Long Island vocal duo Buddy and Stacey as they perform 'Shotgun', on the US show Night Train.

(from the insanely good, biography 'Eyewitness Hendrix' written by Johnny Black, 1999)

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Social source share

It's the first track on the third episode of Night Train Mike, the Buddy & Stacy track came out on Twirl and once again I suppose I should plug the fact that I can do all 3 epsiodes of Night Train for £15, absolutely essential viewing :rolleyes:

you got the listing for them Pete

there was a worthy feature on this show a bit back on

https://browneyedhandsomeman.blogspot.com/

Social source share

you got the listing for them Pete

there was a worthy feature on this show a bit back on

https://browneyedhandsomeman.blogspot.com/

Yeah I'll dig them out Mike. I was contacted by the main camerman from this show after I put some clips on youtube and he couldn't believe it existed as he knew the tv station had wiped the lot - he read the eulogy at the presenters funeral a while back, wish I'd kep his emails, fascinating stuff about the show

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!