New Century Hall Manchester

Well.. what a fantastic night. I got there for 9pm and there were plenty of people waiting to get in. Lots of regular faces and lots of new ones. Many people I spoke to had travelled a long way to get there. South Shields, Leeds, Cambridge, Swindon Nottingham, South Wales.

Hardly sat down allnight. By 4 Oclock I could not dance another step, managed to stay until 5.30 this morning. Thanks to Dave Rimmer, for his usual tactfullnes in clearing the dance floor of people with drinks in their hands. :-)

Just a couple of points.

Where has the dance floor gone, years ago that ballroom was wall to wall dance floor now it's carpet with a slot together floor?

The dance floor downstairs was even worse very uneven, Mark, ban the use of talc next month, the downstairs floor was so slippy it was dangerous! Take note, if you get some decent shoes you won't need talc!!.

See you on the 28th.

Peter

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peter, Thanks for your comments and kind words regarding the NEW CENTURY ALLNIGHTER, just like to make one thing clear here despite the rumour etc. this is not my venue I am employed by Lee Crank and Chris Waterman as resident DJ and DJ booker nothing more, so any comments you have regarding dance floor downstairs etc. please direct them to Lee and Chris, your very valid point has been noted and will be acted upon, being a new huge scale event there are going to be the odd little problem as we are all learning on this one, but you would agree 1100 approx people through the door can't be wrong so thanks to everyone for your loyal, dedicated support.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Hi Guy's

Thanks for your comments, every comment negative and possitve are taken and acted up on.

Unfortunatly on the floor situation we have had several meetings with the venue managers and there is no way they will lift the carpet to reveal the MAPLE SPRUNG floor... I know its a crying shame.

The floor still exist's but it is apparently beyond economical repair and the fact the carpet has covered the floor for over 15years hasn't helped its life..oh and it is glued in most places.

So as the promoter of the night all we can do is buy in wooden dance floor.

Just to prove that we do act on all comments, we had a few people last month tell us that the floor could be a bit bigger, so this month we added one hundred more 3foot sq floor panels, the down stairs floor was a different make to the one upstairs, this is simply cos we had taken every bloody panel the HSS Hire had!!

We hope you had a great night along with everyone else cos as a promoter we dont get time to enjoy the night making sure that all customers do.

Peter there was a lot of things that didnt run smooth last night but i hope that you or anyone else didnt see any of them as its up to chris and myself to make sure it runs smooth from your point of veiw.

We will endeavour to put a quality night of for you and every one else every month.

memberships are on with so if people can just hang fire til next month?? Sorry.... see we are human and not perfect.

Thanks for your support and comments.

Lee Crank

New Century Soul Club

Social source share

Hi Lee & Chris,

Just wanted to say thanks, for another great all nighter.

I came along with 3 friends, who had never been to one, and now they cant wait for the next one, on the 28th Feb.

Keep up the good work guys.

All the best.

Rick (Badgers}

Social source share

Monday morning...still recovering, legs like lead, sore feet, down in the dumps :-(

Lee..I wasn't criticizing the event at all, you have obviously put a lot of work into the event, (forgot to mention in my first posting the finishing touches were the 2 holograms spinning round and the video footage behind the decks.)

In the mid 80's my daughter went to quite a few ballroom/disco dancing competitions in that main room so I knew what the old floor was like.

See you at the end of the month.

Peter

Social source share

Yep. My first time at NCSC and had a great time. The people I talked to seemed of the same opinion - great venue, great DJ line-up and nice touches in the main room but the dance floor could be better. At first, the floor in the main room just seemed sticky but as time wore on it also became a bit uneven as well. Hope this can be ironed out.

Also, not sure if the second room sound system will be the same each month but even after the initial problems were sorted out it didn't really seem to cut it.

Despite these things I still had a really good night and will be back again.

I personally liked the separate bar area/record bar - works out really well as it's also a bit of a chill-out zone where you can go and relax for a while in between but without being too far away from everything.

I think NCSC could and should become a really big venue on the national scene. Keep up the good work.

Ian

Social source share

Hi Ian and Peter,

Thank you for your kind comments and passing on the info on the aspects we need to work on.Lee did not mention in his reply that we had all are cables stolen from the venue on Friday night so we had to shift things around and the system down stairs was not up to the standard we have set for ourselves,I can only say sorry but things some times happen which are beyond our control and there was nobody more pissed off on saturday night than all of our crew because we had some unseen Wigan footage to show in the bottom but because of the problems listed above we could not do so but hey thats something for the future.

Thanks again for your comments and support

and a big thankyou to Mark, Gary, Steve, Sully and Lee for all their hard work

Regards

Chris Waterman

New Century Soul Club

Manchester

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!