I.t.s. Spalding Fri 23rd Nov

sjay

:D:lol::lol: I would first and foremost like to thank Carl and Cliff for coming over to join Kev and myself @I.T.S.SPADING for this our 2nd nite of quality Soul across the board and thats exactly what they played for us something for everyone .

Carl as always larger than life and unpredictable as ever he got lost trying to find the venue and hes a local lad living just up the road :D .But as always he produced the goods musically and as always having a real laugh doing it(hes now known as red light Fortnum :lol: you had to be there !!) Top stuff indeed..

Cliff to my mind one of the nicest quiet and unassuming D.J.s around with a fantastic collection and taste to match ,he really is so very underated its almost ciminal , he hit the spot musically with a toally polished performance(as always).

I would like to wish him all the best in taking over the running of Silks in Wellingborough from Len next year .

I sincerely want to thank everyone that turned up to support this event especially so those that made the effort to travel quite some distance to attend :rolleyes::thumbup: .

As always we try to play something a little differnent to the usual staple diet of oldies played in most of the local events in this region I think this night kept the balance right with everything played from classics to a little soulful house and everything else in between :( (northern,crossover, 70s modern etc) .

A busy floor allnight , kind words , having to be thrown out at the end cuz no one wanted to leave all point to our patrons having agood time which at the end of the day is what its all about.

As this was the last I.T.S. Spalding event of 2007 I would like to thank eveyone that has supported us so far and huge thanks to the all the guest D.J.s (esp Steve Guarnori who helped us in the battle with Dean Parrish :(:( last time around) looking forward to more of the same in 2008 starting January 25th with the first visit of Soul Sam in this little part of lincolnshire for 30 years!!!

post-4378-1196000727_thumb.jpg

Edited by sjay
  • Replies 7
  • Views 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

No worries down Spalding way . :D

Enjoyed my first visit . Nice crowd and good music .

Nice to see Spike after all these Years , Shaz & Baz From Cambridge , Mick D ( DKOF), Dave Hayden , Carol & Bob , Coops and many more who I bored with my ramblings .

Martin from Peterborough who is City club Resident made an effort to get there so it's a shame no one he asked could be bothered.

So Thank you Steve , Teresa , Ray, Kev and all at I.T.S for a good night and I will see you all again on 25th Jan with SOUL SAM. thumbsup.gif

No worries down Spalding way . :lol:

Enjoyed my first visit . Nice crowd and good music .

Nice to see Spike after all these Years , Shaz & Baz From Cambridge , Mick D ( DKOF), Dave Hayden , Carol & Bob , Coops and many more who I bored with my ramblings .

Martin from Peterborough who is City club Resident made an effort to get there so it's a shame no one he asked could be bothered.

So Thank you Steve , Teresa , Ray, Kev and all at I.T.S for a good night and I will see you all again on 25th Jan with SOUL SAM. thumbsup.gif

Thanks Andy glad you enjoyed it great to see you mate and I agree nice to see Martin there as well ,many thanks for everyone that did make the effort to attend i hope you all found it worthwhile :D:(

Steve

Guest whippet

Steve your dos are the best around I hardly got offf the dance floor all night. It was great to see Cliff and as you say he really is wasted. One of the best blokes I know and not flashy like some people just a genuine guy like yourself. Good to catch up with old faces from Northampton and I hope they come again. I know its a bit of a trek but it has to be worth it for music of that quality. Cant wait to see you in the new year at the Beet club. I have to ask though why cant you have the Social club all the time instead of swapping venues? It does lead to confusion.

Steve your dos are the best around I hardly got offf the dance floor all night. It was great to see Cliff and as you say he really is wasted. One of the best blokes I know and not flashy like some people just a genuine guy like yourself. Good to catch up with old faces from Northampton and I hope they come again. I know its a bit of a trek but it has to be worth it for music of that quality. Cant wait to see you in the new year at the Beet club. I have to ask though why cant you have the Social club all the time instead of swapping venues? It does lead to confusion.

Thanks for the support as usual !!!

Soul Sam on Jan 25th 2008 is the last sugarbeet club event that we have booked , the remaining dates for 2008 are all at Spalding Services and Social Club thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Steve

Guest whippet

Pleased you have decided on the Socail Club as your regular venue. Its much nearer the chip shop for "one boot" to get her after do pie for the long journey home. Of course the other lure of the Social club is the bar prices which are still stuck in 1980 something so you only need a fiver to have a storming night out. Not that I drink as you know I have to drive. But the others always comment on it many times on the way home. Like people who have had a few do. Anyone who has missed this really needs to pull their fingers out and come along. ITS a great club with a great atmosphere and some of the friendliest people I know. The music is second to none.

Source Advert