Ann Caudell..pure Heaven

Been posting stuff for the last hour under Chicago night at Sherridans but meant to start my own post....Could you people have a look at the tunes i listed there that i want to buy and am listening to this morning with my mate...He's got a collection to die for..Let me know what you think Chalky and the rest...

He's just put Ann Caudell,Longing for you..I have to put that right up there with the best i have ever heard...Its just makes you jump from you're seat..

Jesus its never ending..now we have Turn out the lights by the captions...Not known by many i guess.A good few lads last night aint ever heard it..They had a listen on the head phones and could not take them off...That tune is gonna be as again one the best things i've heard maybe ever and its not easy to say that....

All the tunes in my posts can be heard when my mate

plays at the Greatstone Soul Club on Sat 19th March..Chester Rd Manchester..8pm to very late....One of the best Underground rare soul nights anywhere for me....If you aint been there yet and like you're soul on the rare mid-tempo alongside deep deep ballads and crossover..Come and have a look...I think they list in the events....Ask John May from Soul source,its a dream.....Don't talk up many nights but all who know me will not doubt my word(i hope)..

Still no sleep from Last night and the tunes keep coming..Will list a few more after some replys....

If you are gonna play...Then play away x

Derek Griffiths...Was he a 70s sex god....

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Richard Bergman

Been posting stuff for the last hour under Chicago night at Sherridans but meant to start my own post....Could you people have a look at the tunes i listed there that i want to buy and am listening to this morning with my mate...He's got a collection to die for..Let me know what you think Chalky and the rest...

He's just put Ann Caudell,Longing for you..I have to put that right up there with the best i have ever heard...Its just makes you jump from you're seat..

Jesus its never ending..now we have Turn out the lights by the captions...Not known by many i guess.A good few lads last night aint ever heard it..They had a listen on the head phones and could not take them off...That tune is gonna be as again one the best things i've heard maybe ever and its not easy to say that....

plays at the Greatstone Soul Club on Sat 19th March..Chester Rd Manchester..8pm to very late....One of the best Underground rare soul nights anywhere for me....If you aint been there yet and like you're soul on the rare mid-tempo alongside deep deep ballads and crossover..Come and have a look...I think they list in the events....Ask John May from Soul source,its a dream.....Don't talk up many nights but all who know me will not doubt my word(i hope)..

Still no sleep from Last night and the tunes keep coming..Will list a few more after some replys....

link

In a "no sleep to Dewsbury" mood are we Mr Cato ?

Try this track ......

Ps - Didn't see our friends from Wigan yesterday and Millwall managed to muster half a shot on goal - Ace!

Social source share

Love that Ann Caudell one. I've got this on at the moment...

link

Hi Reg

Thanks for the reply.Hope you are well and all that...You are welcome over for dinner if you like..Gonna carry on this great day...very nice tune you sent,lets keep it going..I have some more top tunes coming on a post in next half hour..Gonna strike while the iron is hot and get these tunes on a tape round at mine later...speak soon..

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

link

Another one for you , makes me nearly cry everytime I hear it !!!

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Thats done Pauls head in..Don't think even he will get a copy...Do you or anyone else out there have Freddie Williams,Live while i can to download..

link

Carl Willingham plays it so you could give him a shout now he's hung up his middles

Social source share

Guest rachel

Another one for you , makes me nearly cry everytime I hear it !!!

link

Beautiful... just listened to the Ann Caudell on soulclub as well, not heard it before, lovely vocal... whistling.gif

Few tunes on the mp3 player on the train back today, chilling out with the sun coming through the windows... Betty Lavette - Let Me Down Easy, Chuck Cockerham - Have I Got The Right, Maxine Brown - Am I Falling In Love, Tony Bruno - Hard To Get Thing Called Love, Timi Yuro - Can't Stop Running Away...

Social source share

Guest Leigh J

Too right Great record ,I Used To Play This at Local Soul Nights And Put It On tapes around 6 years Ago ,Everybody In Nuneaton Said It Was S**t ,The chantels Indian Giver Got The Same Treatment,This Will Be Massive ,Not Before Time.

Social source share

Too right Great record ,I Used To Play This at Local Soul Nights And Put It On tapes around 6 years Ago ,Everybody In Nuneaton Said It Was S**t ,The chantels Indian Giver Got The Same Treatment,This Will Be Massive ,Not Before Time.

link

Good call Playfair..Funny how some people have different ears..And to think we are all from the same planet whistling.gif

Always like to get a tape through the post if you have one spare..I could send one the other way...

Like Mike said..Lets get back to what we came on here for in the first place..To meet old freinds and new ones and share our love for the rare soul scene..."one day it will be gone and that aint worth thinking about..

Good call above Rachel,listening to Betty Lavette.."let me down easy"...Thats in Little Stevie's deep soul top ten..

Social source share

Good call Playfair..Funny how some people have different ears..And to think we are all from the same planet whistling.gif

Always like to get a tape through the post if you have one spare..I could send one the other way...

Like Mike said..Lets get back to what we came on here for in the first place..To meet old freinds and new ones and share our love for the rare soul scene..."one day it will be gone and that aint worth thinking about..

Good call above Rachel,listening to Betty Lavette.."let me down easy"...Thats in Little Stevie's deep soul top ten..

link

Bonjour Steve. May i congratulate you on what was a fantastic night on friday even though i was only down for an hour. That night could be MASSIVE and get a younger scene going. Ill get all my mates down for the next one. Sure they'll love it.

Following on from our conversation about mid tempo, im really getting into it. Absolutely love " crook his little finger" and " a whole new plan" although i cant tell you who does them!. Soulsville did me a tape with these on and its top.

You were right when you said that id get into mid tempo.

P.S. Im sniffing for a tape here....... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Bonjour Steve. May i congratulate you on what was a fantastic night on friday even though i was only down for an hour. That night could be MASSIVE and get a younger scene going. Ill get all my mates down for the next one. Sure they'll love it.

Following on from our conversation about mid tempo, im really getting into it. Absolutely love " crook his little finger" and " a whole new plan" although i cant tell you who does them!. Soulsville did me a tape with these on and its top.

You were right when you said that id get into mid tempo.

P.S. Im sniffing for a tape here....... whistling.gif

link

crook his little finger - ann heywood

whole new plan - jo ann garrett

brilliant records Paul. :thumbsup:

Shane

Social source share

Guest rachel

whole new plan - jo ann garrett

link

One of my all time favourites. Other side of this 'Stay By My Side' (as played by Jamie on Saturday) stunning as well whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

One of my all time favourites. Other side of this 'Stay By My Side' (as played by Jamie on Saturday) stunning as well  whistling.gif

link

the flip was played on saturday. another great side.

did you buy that copy bladeforlife?

Shane

Social source share

Hi mate

Glad you liked it on Friday..Nice crowd,good mix of people and music styles..Thanks for you're support and look forward to seeing you again soon..I always like to see a broad age group at the nights...

Crook is little finger and Whole new plan are fantastic tracks indeed..A million more out there mate just waiting for you to find...I wish i was hearing some of them for the first time again but no complaints...Pop over and we can have a few cold ones and play away whistling.gif:thumbsup: ...Drop me off some tapes and i will sort out the rest..I told you that once you started listening to rare soul that it would change you're life and ears...I don't think you can play that Busted stuff anymore :thumbsup: .When are you free from the books...

Social source share

I dont mind listening to a bit of soul now and again but my heart lies with those little long haired guitar rascals. Their music takes me to a level soul cant whistling.gif

Got my project in a week on tuesday then its revision time for the finals which start at the end of april and finish mid may. Once the projects in then ill be free for a beer or two.

Is new century on the end of this month. If so ill be there.

Edited by PaulB
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!