Friday Night Or Saturday Night All-nighters?

Chalky

Friday or Saturday all-nighter?  

1. 1. Which night do you prefer to attend an all-nighter, Friday or Saturday?

• Friday all-nighter
    • Saturday all-nighter

• Replies 63
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

All these question, so what you planning ph34r.gif:lol:

Funny..... had a similar thought whizz from one ear to the other.... :thumbsup: Sorry Chalky....

On a more serious note...... my vote sits in the Friday night camp..... I guess that stems from tha fact that it usually takes me two days to recover from a nighter these days and I hate being trashed at work on a Monday... purely selfish reasons of course... :shhh:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I'm definately starting to feel the effects of Saturday niters these days. Took me all last week to recover from Middleton :( I've ticked Fridays because i remember how good it felt when the Dome was on a Friday (yes i know it was a soul night, but it finished at 3 so mini-niter really) and then had the whole weekend to recover then maybe a soul night on the saturday.

Be nice to now do niters Fridays and soul nights Saturday maybe? Although it feels to me like there are more and more niters now, and more to come next year, and less and less soul nights. :unsure:

How about more mini-niters finishing at 3 or 4?

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

I ticked Friday too

Though in fairness I don't mind Saturdays either :unsure:

Actually don't even know why I voted because I can't remember the last time I went to a Nighter (no-one wants to take me out these days :( )

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

Funny..... had a similar thought whizz from one ear to the other.... :unsure: Sorry Chalky....

On a more serious note...... my vote sits in the Friday night camp..... I guess that stems from tha fact that it usually takes me two days to recover from a nighter these days and I hate being trashed at work on a Monday... purely selfish reasons of course... :(

i like friday doos allthough traveling anywhere friday evening can be a right pain especially north

Social source share

Friday night travelling for us is a no no for a soul night... time get home from work in the City.. to North Kent.. get changed eat still bad traffic on the M25.. so all nighters would be good as we could leave after the rush hour, and then have time to get over them for Monday morning..

Mind you the price of Petrol these days thmbdn.gif that may start having an effect on traveling

Edited by mischief
Social source share

250 views and only 37 votes, not many nighter folk on here :unsure:biggrin.gif

Not vote`in,everybody goes whenever to suit bespoke to themselfs and there lifestyle.Next the Saturday voters will be at loggerheads and fallin`out big time. :(

Social source share

Not vote`in,everybody goes whenever to suit bespoke to themselfs and there lifestyle.Next the Saturday voters will be at loggerheads and fallin`out big time. :(

:unsure: I know some have work, kids and other stuff but if you only had one choice every week, either a Saturday or a Sunday what would it be????

Social source share

:unsure: I know some have work, kids and other stuff but if you only had one choice every week, either a Saturday or a Sunday what would it be????

Friday;£10 in start midnight,then i would still have saturday if theres now`t on friday.

Didnt know there was a niter in loggerheads Ken . Its a place on the Wales /England border near Chester for everyone who didnt get it.

Thought it was near Nutsford :(

Social source share

Saturday night is better for me as i always got loads to do on a Saturday during the day so wouldnt have time to sleep or recover but i can get away with doing naff all on a Sunday most of the time

Social source share

I'm definately starting to feel the effects of Saturday niters these days. Took me all last week to recover from Middleton :( I've ticked Fridays because i remember how good it felt when the Dome was on a Friday (yes i know it was a soul night, but it finished at 3 so mini-niter really) and then had the whole weekend to recover then maybe a soul night on the saturday.

Be nice to now do niters Fridays and soul nights Saturday maybe? Although it feels to me like there are more and more niters now, and more to come next year, and less and less soul nights. :unsure:

Mini-Nighter at bury town hall,next month friday December 16th,8pm-4am,two rooms,well worth the trip(sorry blatant plug)
Social source share

Friday night travelling for us is a no no for a soul night... time get home from work in the City.. to North Kent.. get changed eat still bad traffic on the M25..

Same thing with me, unless it's quite close to home (or the City). Plus often knackered after a week at work on Friday evening - again can manage a soul night, but an all-nighter :D . By Saturday I am raring to go out. thumbup.gif

Social source share

Only do 2 nighters a year..100 Club Plus Stoke..A Few Weekenders..That does me....Not much faith in Friday Nighters..Rules out people who Work/like Football/do family things...Ideal for dedicated druggies Id imagine

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

I'll take you out Kirsty. but seriously saturdays for all nighters seeing as i don't work saturdays then i can have the whole weekend to enjoy it. come home on sunday morning and just sleep.

Social source share

I'm definately starting to feel the effects of Saturday niters these days. Took me all last week to recover from Middleton :D I've ticked Fridays because i remember how good it felt when the Dome was on a Friday (yes i know it was a soul night, but it finished at 3 so mini-niter really) and then had the whole weekend to recover then maybe a soul night on the saturday.

Be nice to now do niters Fridays and soul nights Saturday maybe? Although it feels to me like there are more and more niters now, and more to come next year, and less and less soul nights. :thumbup:

Agree with you on this, which is why we're changing to Mini Nighters at Bury (NOT a blatent plug this time.LOL), I've been asking this question around our area and I've noticed many of the friday nighters really quieten down after around 4am, Mini Nighers are a sensible compromise. thumbsup.gif

Knowing that you're going to a saturday nighter puts some people off going out completely on a friday and ruins a sunday, making family and other stuff hard work and you lose a lot of weekend. a Friday Mini Nighter & a saturday soul nite or mini nighter again, means you might have a lie in on a saturday morning and you're generally more likely to make it out on a saturday night too and get more hours of Soul Music over the course of a weekend without losing a whole day. (well that's my justification anyway)

Jayne.x.

Edited by Miss BurySoul
Social source share

Mini-Nighters (or Soul Nights as we call em round here) are the Devils Spunk....

How many people use public transport to get to nighters these days?

I used to travel all over the shop on Trains, Coaches and even Buses (Sheffield To Keele on a small bus) - having to hang around for a couple of hours on a Sunday morning was bad enough when kicked out of a venue at 7am.... hardly encouraging to be turfed out at 4am.

Social source share

Mini-Nighters (or Soul Nights as we call em round here) are the Devils Spunk....

I used to travel all over the shop on Trains, Coaches and even Buses (Sheffield To Keele on a small bus) - having to hang around for a couple of hours on a Sunday morning was bad enough when kicked out of a venue at 7am.... hardly encouraging to be turfed out at 4am.

Hardly any that I know so it's not really an issue. We have an all night bus that runs back into Manchester too.

Jayne.

Social source share

doesn't encourage anyone to tho' does it?

night bus back into Manchester is fine if you live there - won't get you to Carlisle (for instance) though will it?

Never gonna encourage anyone young to get into northern this way - not with insurance companies trying to stop youths driving at night?

what doesn't encourage anyone?. 4am finish?, yes it does in our area. Lots of positive feedback.

Insurance companies trying to stop youths driving at night????.. Not sure what you mean but there are many other factors to put young people off this scene!. :yes:

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Had a discussion this weekend about whether prefer Friday night all-nighter or a Saturday night all-nighter? Also heard comments in the past on this subect too. So which night do you prefer to go out to an all-nighter?

Saturday for me this week :yes: Then I'll be up for Friday on the 21st thumbup.gif . I do think staistically less people travel on the Fridays for Nighters and always have done due to work commitments. But there does seem to be good support on this thread for Friday nighters, Saturday edging the vote at the mo though

Social source share

Mini-nighter go away its just a night club nothin`more,so where do you get off on using the mini bollox nighter if nighters dont do it for ya`,dont bother but dont attatch 4am with allnighter cause theyre not.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Mini-nighter go away its just a night club nothin`more,so where do you get off on using the mini bollox nighter if nighters dont do it for ya`,dont bother but dont attatch 4am with allnighter cause theyre not.

Missed you at Middleton Ken :yes:

Social source share

Saturday for me this week thumbsup.gif Then I'll be up for Friday on the 21st :lol: . I do think staistically less people travel on the Fridays for Nighters and always have done due to work commitments. But there does seem to be good support on this thread for Friday nighters, Saturday edging the vote at the mo though

What do you mean due to work commitments??.. what's up with getting up for work at 7am on a friday morning and not getting to bed until 7am on a sat morning...?? :yes:

LOL, bet you're not voting for saturday's come sunday lunchtime when you're knackered!.. :lol:

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Saturdays are still king really with 12.00 start to 8am..The real niter times...Fridays are better for soul nights..If yoiu are gonna be fooked then Sundays are perfect for rest day if like me you aint got kids shades.gif

I've said all alnong Stevie that an all-nighter should start at midnight with a warm up at a local soul night, that way everyone wins! Plus the fact everyone is straight on the floor at midnight cause they are already buzzin' and rarin' to go instead of some all-nighters taking three hours to warn up with the early door DJ's playing to empty floors.

However there doesn't appear to be too many all-nighter goers on SS. From close on a 1000 viewers only 80 seem to attend nighters, thought everyone on SS went to nighters :wub::rolleyes:

Social source share

I suppose it depends on what your lifestyle is like really .

Do you work for a living ? Do you like to do other things in life ? Have you got a family to think about ? or are you alone and totally self indulgent ?

The answer will relate to which box you fall in I guess.

For me I would probably fall in the "light weight" box my preference being Soul nights over nighters nowadays.

I don't do drugs so beyond 3am I start to go down hill.

Plus I am 50 and want to live to 70 !

Would be nice to see mini nighters on a Saturday night with a cafe culture afterwards where you can chill out to a bit of mid tempo with a cup of coffee and a bacon butttie :rolleyes:

Sunday chill out zones from 3pm to 9pm would be brilliant !

eem that would give me time for the other things that are just as important I mean you have to make time for eating loving and lots of woopie !

Do people that do nighters have a sex life ? ...just a thought

Social source share

Ha ha...they are really soul nights now aren't they now we have later licensing hours. Personally I would be better off if niters started at 12 and I didn't actually go out til then laugh.gif as when they start early I just start drinking early and it can be a bit messy ph34r.gif In the good old days....(Hovis music starts now...) when there was no booze at niters it was a completely different scene imo.

Anyway...back to the question...erm, probably Saturday..Friday nights always seem a bit rushed for me. Although I am looking forward to the New Century do at the Co-op and that's on a Friday biggrin.gif

Social source share

Do you work for a living ? Do you like to do other things in life ? Have you got a family to think about ? or are you alone and totally self indulgent ?

For me I would probably fall in the "light weight" box my preference being Soul nights over nighters nowadays.

Would be nice to see mini nighters on a Saturday night with a cafe culture afterwards where you can chill out to a bit of mid tempo with a cup of coffee and a bacon butttie smile.gif

eem that would give me time for the other things that are just as important I mean you have to make time for eating loving and lots of woopie !

very well put old bean.......its nice to see someone putting absolute relevance into the driving seat...rather than my dad's bigger than your dad..and if you dont do allnighters youre not a soulie type answers.....im with you...especially on the sex part.....mind you, could drop a couple of heffs on demand nowadays...(are there any nighters on this weekend)

seriously though, id love to do a nighter twice a month, however, i have a young family 7 and 2 and my missus works a lot of weekends....and i certainly aint puttin my kids through that on a sat morn or sun morn...what big eyes youve got daddy!!

i think most of the nighter goers either dont have kids and are , like you say, self indulging(jammy sods) or there kids are old enough to wipe there own ar....noses...and after years of responsibilty have earned the right to stretch themselves a bit....(jammy sods).

i myself am a bit part player, planning to do two do's a month, wether its a nighter on a friday or a soul night on sat and i'll go home when the "f'ing hell" im ready to...it doesnt mean i love the music any less than the next soulie.

Social source share

Would be nice to see mini nighters on a Saturday night with a cafe culture afterwards where you can chill out to a bit of mid tempo with a cup of coffee and a bacon butttie smile.gif

LOl - well put biggrin.gif . I've asked this question before. I know people who would tell you that it feels as if their husbands are married to the scene and would rather have a night on the dancefloor instead of a night of passion!!.. (I have honestly had that conversation with a few ladies!!).

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!