More Northern On Tv

Guest FYLDECOAST

• Replies 33
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

In the last series, in one episode it was northern instrumentals. They played Sliced Tomatoes, Bok To Bach and the Spy.

Last night they also played Barbara Lewis "Hello Stranger" Linda Jones(I think) "Hypnotised" and I was racking my brains at the instrumental they played, which I hadn't heard for years and I'm sure it was "Trampoline" Spencer Daivis Group.

Social source share

Well Steve I see the photo of the 'No Boots' sign turned out well. :thumbsup: Shame not all of the DJ's had that policy :thumbsup:

I caught the Linda Jones on heartbeat but just thought that would be it then the Teen Turbans really threw me class track hand't heard in ages.

BTW How did the other pic's turn out?

P.S. if you read this tonight (mon) I've got another nine boxes of stuff from the U.S. :thumbsup: and need some help looking through 'em. whistling.gif Just give me a ring.

Social source share

In the last series, in one episode it was northern instrumentals.  They played Sliced Tomatoes, Bok To Bach and the Spy.

Last night they also played Barbara Lewis "Hello Stranger" Linda Jones(I think) "Hypnotised" and I was racking my brains at the instrumental they played, which I hadn't heard for years and I'm sure it was "Trampoline" Spencer Daivis Group.

link

Hi Paul

Love the Barbara Lewis track but that was a different version on tv..Joe Orton did say but brains gone to mush,wonder why whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest rachel

They always knock out a CD from this show.

Should be a stunner based on the first episode.

link

whistling.gif I bought quite a few of the Heartbeat CDs in my teens - partly responsible for getting me into the more mainstream 60s and Motown tunes before I headed down the northern route... the one track that stuck in my mind from them though was Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle, makes me a bit soppy that one :thumbsup:

Social source share

whistling.gif I bought quite a few of the Heartbeat CDs in my teens - partly responsible for getting me into the more mainstream 60s and Motown tunes before I headed down the northern route... the one track that stuck in my mind from them though was Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle, makes me a bit soppy that one  :thumbsup:

link

I heard it was the dvd boxset and not the cds...In the words of Paul Calf... Fu"king Nick Berry..Did he make you're heart beat :thumbsup: ...

Social source share

Guest FYLDECOAST

Well Steve I see the photo of the 'No Boots' sign turned out well.  :thumbsup: Shame not all of the DJ's had that policy whistling.gif  

I caught the Linda Jones on heartbeat but just thought that would be it then the Teen Turbans really threw me class track hand't heard in ages.

BTW How did the other pic's turn out?

P.S. if you read this tonight (mon) I've got another nine boxes of stuff from the U.S.  :thumbsup: and need some help looking through 'em.  :thumbsup: Just give me a ring.

link

Nice one

I'll be round at 7 with an empty 300 box and a baseball bat :thumbsup:

Steve Mc

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Hi Paul

Love the Barbara Lewis track but that was a different version on tv..Joe Orton did say but brains gone to mush,wonder why whistling.gif

link

It was the Capitols one of the best b sides there is :thumbsup:

Social source share

whistling.gif I bought quite a few of the Heartbeat CDs in my teens - partly responsible for getting me into the more mainstream 60s and Motown tunes before I headed down the northern route... the one track that stuck in my mind from them though was Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle, makes me a bit soppy that one  :thumbsup:

link

I thought Heartbeat was set in the 60's. Jim Croce didn't release 'Time In A Bottle'

until 1972.

The continuity man must be the same guy who works on Eastenders. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest rachel

I thought Heartbeat was set in the 60's. Jim Croce didn't release 'Time In A Bottle'

until 1972.

The continuity man must be the same guy who works on Eastenders.  whistling.gif

link

You could be right, didn't know that but the styles of clothes are often a bit 'era-confused' as well... still a lovely song though so I forgive them :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

You could be right, didn't know that but the styles of clothes are often a bit 'era-confused' as well... still a lovely song though so I forgive them  whistling.gif

link

Prefer Bad Bad Leroy Brown it has a more comic element to it , more jaunty I 'd say

Social source share

You could be right, didn't know that but the styles of clothes are often a bit 'era-confused' as well... still a lovely song though so I forgive them  whistling.gif

link

Can't be long before the cast are wearing star jumpers and high waist bags then ! :thumbsup:

(Mind you, as its supposed to be North Yorks (?) that would update it to the present. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Can't be long before the cast are wearing star jumpers and high waist bags then ! whistling.gif

(Mind you, as its supposed to be North Yorks (?) that would update it to the present.  :thumbsup:

link

Let the Yuckshire infighting commece :thumbsup:

Social source share

It was the Capitols one of the best b sides there is  whistling.gif

link

I thought it sounded a bit different, Somewhere I have a Barbara Lewis album with it on(also "someday we're gonna love again"), havn't played it for years.

Didn't someone mention the Capitols version on here a few weeks ago?

Also it was good to see the Teen Turbans on After Hours 3. Not the most soulful sound but a good happy singalonga dex type track! :thumbsup:

Social source share

I thought it sounded a bit different, Somewhere I have a Barbara Lewis album with it on(also "someday we're gonna love again"), havn't played it for years. 

Didn't someone mention the Capitols version on here a few weeks ago?

Also it was good to see the Teen Turbans on After Hours 3.  Not the most soulful sound but a good happy singalonga dex type track!  whistling.gif

link

Hi Paul

I been playing Barbara Lewis version for a while and it goes down very well...quality all the way..

Social source share

Guest Jimmy Scriv

I was watching the said programme and the volume was too quiet so I increased it, my girlfriend said what are you doing? I said 'I'm turning my Heartbeat Up' whistling.gif

I'll get my coat'

Social source share

I was watching the said programme and the volume was too quiet so I increased it, my girlfriend said what are you doing? I said 'I'm turning my Heartbeat Up' whistling.gif

I'll get my coat'

link

:good:

Social source share

Guest katep

No angels, the program about nurses that was on the other night had loads of northern and motown the whole way through.

It did last series too.

link

I wondered if anyone else would have watched this one.

Decent programme.

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Can't be long before the cast are wearing star jumpers and high waist bags then ! :thumbsup:

(Mind you, as its supposed to be North Yorks (?) that would update it to the present.  :yes:

link

All fashion trends in N Yorks started in Scarboro by Fashion Guru Neil Warnock when he frequented Rudies Soul Nights, he brought them over from oinkland!! :)

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

There's not much i dont watch on tv.

Its quite a decent program.

link

cuddling up on the sofa with Big Colin.... :thumbsup:

The 'No Angels' had plenty of northern/motown in the last series. They used 'Landslide' for the trailers.

Shane

Social source share

cuddling up on the sofa with Big Colin.... :thumbsup:

The 'No Angels' had plenty of northern/motown in the last series. They used 'Landslide' for the trailers.

Shane

link

Dont think landslip (listening to the lyrics) is appropriate for NHS nurses, do you? :yes:

Social source share

All fashion trends in N Yorks started in Scarboro by Fashion Guru Neil Warnock when he frequented Rudies Soul Nights, he brought them over from oinkland!! :thumbsup:

link

:yes:

Social source share

No angels, the program about nurses that was on the other night had loads of northern and motown the whole way through.

It did last series too.

link

Wish they wouldn't :angry: :angry: :angry:

Ahh anyway, I'm off for some Kentucky Fried Chicken, then on to Manumission :rolleyes:

Social source share

Last night on "The City Gardner" they played Billy Stewart "Secret Love". They usually have a reasonable soundtrack to it. Oh and War "Lowrider".

I keep meaning to get a copy of Billy Stewart "Teaches Old Standards New Tricks" It must be an essential album.

Paul

Social source share

Guest katep

Wish they wouldn't :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Ahh anyway, I'm off for some Kentucky Fried Chicken, then on to Manumission :thumbsup:

link

Why?

The tracks they choose for No Angels suit the mood of the program, and I personally find it interesting to see which ones they are going to use.

If you produced a tv program what music would you use, the kind of music you'd like to listen to yourself perhaps if it suited the content of the show?

:wicked:

Social source share

Why?

The tracks they choose for No Angels suit the mood of the program, and I personally find it interesting to see which ones they are going to use.

If you produced a tv program what music would you use, the kind of music you'd like to listen to yourself perhaps if it suited the content of the show?

:wicked:

link

"If you produced a tv program what music would you use"

Anything but northern. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!