Vinyl Wheelers And Dealers

Mike

lets go for a current snapshot on vinyl dealings

loads on here indulge in flogging stuff from events to online merchants so shouldn't be too much work if all dealer types both major and casual throw up a view of how it is

stuff moving, prices dropping, whats in demand, whats off the boil ??

only take a sec

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Very hard going selling Northern. Switching to reggae again for a bit - sold 6 albums for over £600 this weekend. Probably irreplaceable but needs must, besides, put them on cd so no great loss. Will probably put all unsold northern on ebay at half price.

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

I sold more records at Sheridans the other night than I did at Prestatyn all weekend. I am still selling plenty of the cheaper records (£15/£20) every week when I am out and about. I heard that the sales at Prestatyn were very poor for most dealers with some making only a fraction on the previous year.

Shane

Social source share

I sold more records at Sheridans the other night than I did at Prestatyn all weekend. I am still selling plenty of the cheaper records (£15/£20) every week when I am out and about. I heard that the sales at Prestatyn were very poor for most dealers with some making only a fraction on the previous year.

Shane

link

Glad my "advertising policy" for your sales box came in handy at Sherries then Shaney my boy whistling.gif:thumbsup: ....

Re Prestatyn.... did notice "loads" looking but didn't appear to be many buying or walking around with buys in hand :thumbsup: .... could that be because peeps were "interested" but didn't "invest" due to the fact the money in pocket was needed for the BAR and, occasionally, summat to eat :thumbsup: ....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

lets go for a current snapshot on vinyl dealings

loads on here indulge in flogging stuff from events to online merchants  so shouldn't be too much work if all dealer types both major and casual throw up a view of how it is

stuff moving, prices dropping, whats in demand, whats off the boil ??

only take a sec

link

Old pressings, mostly the old 1970's look-a-likes, are doing well. £20 to £40 is not an unusual figure on ebay.

Records between £100 & £500 ish are hard to sell at the minute, apart from classics like High Keys, Gene Woodbury's etc., they'll always sell.

Like Pete, i deal a lot of reggae, prices are getting stronger by the month on this stuff. Wont be long before we see some big figures being spent on the harder numbers.

U.K. rare 60's beat is good news, when you can find it. I sell/trade a lot of this to the States, they love it.

U.K. issue Northern's strong, some of the prices some of that stuff makes now is incredible.

Talking of u.k., can anyone help me out with the Z.Z.Hill, E.P. on Sue?? Cheers.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!