Should All Uk Weekenders Re-locate To Europe

Steve Snook just sent me an email. He was thinking of going to the Bamberg weekender next may. He just looked at flights from Stanstead to Nuremberg and currently you can fly for 1 euro each way :lol:

Even with a few taxes here and there, this does show that you can go to euro weekenders cheaper than those in the UK.

With smoking bans, the cost of petrol, accomodation, food and beer over here, is it time to move all the UK weekenders over there. :lol:

Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Steve Snook just sent me an email. He was thinking of going to the Bamberg weekender next may. He just looked at flights from Stanstead to Nuremberg and currently you can fly for 1 euro each way :lol:

Even with a few taxes here and there, this does show that you can go to euro weekenders cheaper than those in the UK.

With smoking bans, the cost of petrol, accomodation, food and beer over here, is it time to move all the UK weekenders over there. :lol:

They'll have smoking bans over there next year. So your last chance to attend a weekender and smoke will be Nuremberg in 8 days time.

Social source share

Yes Dave, but even with the smoking ban arriving over there, does make it a cheap weekend away, listening to soul music

Oh I agree Dave, I'm not knocking it at all, if you include Dublin and Belfast (and I'm going to because there is a lot of water between here and there and no bridge :lol: ), Nuremberg will be my seventh trip abroad this year to listen (and play) Soul music.

Social source share

They'll have smoking bans over there next year. So your last chance to attend a weekender and smoke will be Nuremberg in 8 days time.

Yes Dave, but even with the smoking ban arriving over there, does make it a cheap weekend away, listening to soul music

Can I read from the above 2 quotes that Germany is about to introduce a smoking ban, is it an all the way ban (i.e. pubs restaraunts etc)!!

Blow me down didn't think it would happen in my 2nd favorite country in the world, thought smokers were still in the majority!

Social source share

Can I read from the above 2 quotes that Germany is about to introduce a smoking ban, is it an all the way ban (i.e. pubs restaraunts etc)!!

Blow me down didn't think it would happen in my 2nd favorite country in the world, thought smokers were still in the majority!

Apparently it comes in on the 1st January 2008

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

I like Yarmouth exactly where it is, Dave.

Can't beat Saturday night Fish & Chips and a stroll along a proper seafront on a Sunday mornin'

:rolleyes:

Can't beat it, Bilbao is a close second :(

Social source share

hi all ,love weekends in europe, not done germany yet , but lost our heart in italy , done a couple of rimmini, and this year did modern soul weekender in cortevecchia italy , both top weekends with added value, the weather , and top music , sure beats uk john and vicky pearson .

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

ill be at bamburg this year ... and yes, younger crowd is IMO a plus :(

why is a younger crowd a downside???? i always thought that's something good :rolleyes:
Social source share

the UK is top left Dave, just to the right of Ireland, which is also in Europe :(

MapEurope.jpg

:rolleyes::(:(:(

Things must be slow if you went to all that trouble, I think it's very sweet of you. But your right, in fact the moment I sent the post I thought the same, but to late.

Ofcourse what I should have said is mainland europe

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

apart from the bilbao weekender, which I've yet to attend, there's also luanco in march & madrid in may.

two stonkin' unmissable events in my book. most of them are 30 somethings, so the age difference is not

that great really. it's certainly never bothered me. what with low-cost flights, great value for money hotels

& superb food & drink, there's no excuse really.

Social source share

Steve Snook just sent me an email. He was thinking of going to the Bamberg weekender next may. He just looked at flights from Stanstead to Nuremberg and currently you can fly for 1 euro each way :P

With smoking bans, the cost of petrol, accomodation, food and beer over here, is it time to move all the UK weekenders over there. :g:

as far as i'm concerned its wheres the futures at :shades:

Social source share

as far as i'm concerned its wheres the futures at :P

Me too, that's why Hitsville's base is moving to Spain. Already hooked up with a few Spanish soulies. Valencia Weekender in april. Events all over the ppace with young un's and old un's all in the mix. Great collectors, fresh outlook, glorious weather, great food, and a hop skip and jump from the 100 club and the rest of ole Blighty...Can't wait.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!