Honest Mike Gibbs Bookmakers

Guest in town Mikey

Guest in town Mikey

Anybody up for a bit of fun? Posh birds? Fat Al's? Pimms at £25 a jug?

Rules of comp.

Everyone starts off with a £100 pot.

Bets to be placed by 2pm each day.

All standard bets taken, ie yankees, Lucky 15/31/63, forecasts, tricasts, singles, doubles..... (No spread bets sorry) Only official result paid. No FPP's

Bonuses paid, for all correct. 10% Lucky 15, 25% for an all correct Lucky 31, 100% bonus for an all correct lucky 63.

Dead heat rules apply.

In true, its a knockout style, you can play your joker on your nap (best bet of the meeting). If nap bet is a winner, double the odds are paid, eg a 10/1 winner returns 20/1 etc.

Winner is the person with the most money in the pot at the end of the festival.

Winner announced Monday morning.

I will be leaving each day at 1.30 to put my feet up in front of the excellent Channel 4 coverage. So if you get your bets up before then I can take them home with me and settle them there. All results will be posted, hopefully by 9am following morning.

Prize is the respect of everybody on soul source. (prize value 0.0000000001 euro)

Good luck sports fans.

Social source share

• Replies 33
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

Mind if I opt out of this Mikey? As a Cheltonian, I follow the local convention -if you ain't actively engaged in making money out of the mass of punters that descend on Cheltenham this week, you stay well clear of town!

Jerry.

link

It must be a nighmare for the locals Hippo.

I will be in Cheltenham on Thursday night, meeting a few Sheffield United fans, for a guiness or two, before they loose their money on the Friday.

Social source share

Looks like you and me then Mikey.

Will post selections shortly for today.

Steve

link

£10 win Back in Front 2.35

£5 EW Irish Hussar 4.00

Social source share

£10 win Back in Front  2.35

£5 EW Irish Hussar 4.00

link

I'll play wink.gif

Ned Kelly 2.35 £5 EW (14s On BETFAIR!!!!!!- you could trade this if you are in front of pc all day!!!!)

Macs Joy, 3.15 £2 EW

Tikram, 4.00 £5 ew

3 x 20p win doubles

20p EW treble

Best bet of day- Polar Gunner but its at Sedgefield

Dave

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

£10 win Back in Front  2.35

£5 EW Irish Hussar 4.00

link

I'm used to nobody wanting to play with me Steve

Accordian Etoile £10 E/W 3.15 (Noted you got the time wrong. I'd ####ing ban you if I was still a shop manager) wink.gif

Justified £20 win. (start the festival with an Irish winner) ps Best mate finished 2nd in this race. I went that day, backed him. he came from Hereford in the last furlong, and just got beat a head.

Social source share

Accordian Etoile £10 E/W  3.15 (Noted you got the time wrong. I'd ####ing ban you if I was still a shop manager)  wink.gif

Justified £20 win. (start the festival with an Irish winner) ps Best mate finished 2nd in this race. I went that day, backed him. he came from Hereford in the last furlong, and just got beat a head.

link

Best Mate is a winner for me this festival.....layed him ages ago and he aint gonna be there. Thought Kingscliffe went to a panic price, so Layed that as well....now he's out isn't he?

Dave

Social source share

I'll play wink.gif

Best bet of day- Polar Gunner but its at Sedgefield

On a scale 1-10 Dave ?

One good one yesterday. Owe you a pint.

Irish Hussar is a tip from the Irish lads in New Cross, Saaaaaaaarf Laaaahndan, that I used to work with.

Social source share

The experts (Dave) are coming in now Mikey.

I expect Shane to make an appearance, but he's probably busy talking to Pipe, Timmy Murphy and Derek Thompson at the minute.

Seriously, he will know them, judging by our 'what celebs have you met' competition at PF on Friday.

I got one name in and then he stubbed me out completely AND had it corroberated

by another Soul Sourcer. unsure.gif :angry:

In fact, when I met Troy Keyes there, he asked me if I knew Shane !! rolleyes.gif

But I'll let him tell you who it was. :D

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Get yer bets on.

Excitement is reaching pre Prestatyn proportions. I'm off now, to get the TV remote before my flatmate decides she wants to waych some crappy DIY show or something.

As Michael in Camden says:

'THE BEST OF LUCK' wink.gif

Social source share

Get yer bets on.

Excitement is reaching pre Prestatyn proportions. I'm off now, to get the TV remote before my flatmate decides she wants to waych some crappy DIY show or something.

As Michael in Camden says:

'THE BEST OF LUCK'  wink.gif

link

Camden ? Shouldn't that be 'Best of Lack'

Social source share

I've got it a 5 pointer Steve but it's shorter than I expected....I've left an order for evens :thumbsup:

Yes, that Valley Ride was overpriced, really. Did you get those two on Friday?

I happen to know that O'Gradys think Ned Kelly is some sort of machine......but it is Cheltenham!!!!!

Will have a small one on Irish Hussar, Henderson always has a good ratio here. Cheers Steve

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I've got it a 5 pointer Steve but it's shorter than I expected....I've left an order for evens :yes:

Yes, that Valley Ride was overpriced, really. Did you get those two on Friday?

I happen to know that O'Gradys think Ned Kelly is some sort of machine......but it is Cheltenham!!!!!

Will have a small one on Irish Hussar, Henderson always has a good ratio here. Cheers Steve

link

Nice one.

Irish Hussar placed at 33/1 = £41.25.

Steve has £121.25 :thumbsup:

The poor old ex bookie has £60 :angry:

I'm going to play my joker and have £30 on Well Chief. Out of the 3 principals, its the only one that has its price.

Social source share

Nice one.

Irish Hussar placed at 33/1 = £41.25.

Steve has £121.25  :thumbsup:

The poor old ex bookie has £60  :angry:

I'm going to play my joker and have £30 on Well Chief. Out of the 3 principals, its the only one that has its price.

link

Todays wagers are;

£30 win Moscow Flyer, in the Queen Mother (ahem) 3.15pm

£5 EW Fountain Hill Coral Cup 4.00pm

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Todays wagers are;

£30 win Moscow Flyer, in the Queen Mother (ahem) 3.15pm

£5 EW Fountain Hill Coral Cup 4.00pm

link

I see a pattern emerging in your bets.

Are you slinking off work in time to get home for the 3.15 by any chance :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

I'm arse at betting - so here's what not to back.

Today I've put £50 to win on comply or die (took 4-1)

and £24 in a trio for azertyuiop, moscow flyer and Well chief. (inspired eh?)

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Hang on Gareth is looking.

We discussed the derby at great length one year at Cleethorpes. i slept in and missed the 14/1 on the winner and let it go at 6s

What do you think about the champion chase G?

Social source share

I see a pattern emerging in your bets.

Are you slinking off work in time to get home for the 3.15 by any chance  :thumbsup:

link

We have TV at work :yes:

Terrestrial and Sky. :D

Month end figures wanted, otherwise it would be Guiness in a pub somewhere from 1.30pm, warming up for the journey down tomorrow afternoon.

Do you really fancy Well Chief Mikey ?

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

We have TV at work   :thumbsup:

Terrestrial and Sky.  :yes:

Month end figures wanted, otherwise it would be Guiness in a pub somewhere from 1.30pm, warming up for the journey down tomorrow afternoon.

Do you really fancy Well Chief Mikey ?

link

I really do.

At the price.

I think Moscow is the best of the three, but his jumping can come into question.

Azertyuiop, has been beaten (just) by Well Chief.

Well Chief saves his best races for Prestbury. The win in the Victor Chandler was superb. The hill suits his style.

7/4 the first two or 3/1 WC. I think thats the price.

Going by the basic principle of 1 point for each close rival, and 1 point for the field, that makes WC @ 3/1 a bet, and the other two have the same criteria, so 7/4 each is a lay I think.

We shall see.

I'm off in a minute. Got held up in traffic yesterday and only just saw the start of the first race.

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

I really do.

At the price.

I think Moscow is the best of the three, but his jumping can come into question.

Azertyuiop, has been beaten (just) by Well Chief.

Well Chief saves his best races for Prestbury. The win in the Victor Chandler was superb. The hill suits his style.

7/4 the first two or 3/1 WC. I think thats the price.

Going by the basic principle of 1 point for each close rival, and 1 point for the field, that makes WC @ 3/1 a bet, and the other two have the same criteria, so 7/4 each is a lay I think.

We shall see.

I'm off in a minute. Got held up in traffic yesterday and only just saw the start of the first race.

link

How about Moscow as a win back and a place lay? It has never been beaten- either wins or tips up. I've had half a dozen free bets on him in the past....but its gonna go wrong one day :):D

NICE TOUCH YESTERDAY STEVE with Irish Hussar :thumbsup: Saved my bacon!

Right,

3.15 Oneway £1win, £2place (in case one of the three doesn't get round)

4.40 Indalo £10 EW

HINT!!!!

I,ve just opened an account with Billy Hills, placed a pony bet, laid 15 back on betfair and they (Hills) have kindly given me £40 to bet in another race, half of which I have laid again.

Aren't they nice people? :):lol:

BTW Mikey, you could well be right about WC! By the look of that Contraband yesterday, Pipes horses are running, er, shall we say, better than the form suggests!! :D

Social source share

I'm arse at betting - so here's what not to back.

Today I've put £50 to win on comply or die (took 4-1)

and £24 in a trio for azertyuiop, moscow flyer and Well chief. (inspired eh?)

link

Youve got the trio up :thumbsup:

Social source share

This is one of the few times a year I can actually say I am home sick.

As a Bishops Cleevonian ( about a mile from the course ) we used to have a good week at the races ( best year was when Garrison Savannah won the Gold Cup ) as he was part owned by one of the guys in our football club - Bishops Cleeve - pride of the Hellenic league.

To cap it all I was listening to Five Live on t'internet Monday and they were broadcasting from the Kings Head in Prestbury.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Had more seconds than Billy Bunter this festival.

Mind you I won £200 on one of those Roulette games they have now, so no damage done....just.

Imake it

Steve £156.25

Dave £101

Bunter £30 :thumbsup:

Newer. I'm meeting a couple of mates in Cheltenham tonight, in the pub opposite the train station.

Any suggestions on good boozer's in the centre of town during the festival?

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I will add, its never great to loose money, but yesterdays Champion, proved just what a Champ, Moscow Flyer is.

After the initial disappointment, I enjoyed all the post match analysis.

The only people who wouldnt have enjoyed it would have been the supporters of Azertyuiop (surely the only horse easier to type the name than write it), who was out of it way too early. At least I had a run for my money.

If i was being hyper critical... I realise Well Chief takes time to get going, but why give away 8-10 lengths before the tape goes up? Why not get him level at the very start of the race, and let him go around in his own time, from then on. He was beaten 2 1/2 lengths, but began so far behind Moscow.

Having said that I believe if he had got closer, Moscow would have pulled out more. When WC challenged coming into the straight Moscow just went away again.

fantastic race, and I can be happy that I will win my money back when WC wins it for the next three years :thumbsup:

Social source share

I will add, its never great to loose money, but yesterdays Champion, proved just what a Champ, Moscow Flyer is.

The only people who wouldnt have enjoyed it would have been the supporters of Azertyuiop (surely the only horse easier to type the name than write it), who was out of it way too early. At least I had a run for my money.

If i was being hyper critical... I realise Well Chief takes time to get going, but why give away 8-10 lengths before the tape goes up? Why not get him level at the very start of the race, and let him go around in his own time, from then on. He was beaten 2 1/2 lengths, but began so far behind Moscow.

Having said that I believe if he had got closer, Moscow would have pulled out more. When WC challenged coming into the straight Moscow just went away again.

fantastic race, and I can be happy that I will win my money back when WC wins it for the next three years :thumbsup:

link

Good summary Mikey.

Todays wagers are as follows:

£10 EW Quazar 2.00

£20 Win Rathgar Beau 2.35

£5 EW Double on the pair.

I'll post Fridays selections shortly as I leave for Cheltenham and a St Patricks Day piss up early this afternoon. No doubt passing hordes of drunken english students wearing C*lt*c shirts in an attempt to be Irish for the day. The w*nkers.

Have a good one tonight with the Blades Mikey.

Steve.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Good summary Mikey.

Todays wagers are as follows:

£10 EW Quazar 2.00

£20 Win Rathgar Beau 2.35

£5 EW Double on the pair.

I'll post Fridays selections shortly as I leave for Cheltenham and a St Patricks Day piss up early this afternoon. No doubt passing hordes of drunken english students wearing C*lt*c shirts in an attempt to be Irish for the day. The w*nkers.

Have a good one tonight with the Blades Mikey.

Steve.

link

Cheers Steve.

Be lucky tomorrow. :yes:

(watch out for those Euro's from the Irish Northern bank :thumbsup: )

Social source share

Cheers Steve.

Be lucky tomorrow.  :thumbsup:

(watch out for those Euro's from the Irish Northern bank  :yes:    )

link

Heres Fridays selections Mikey.

3.15 Gold Cup £20 win Celestial Gold

4.00 Foxhunters £5 EW Colquhoun (and thats Eddie not John for anybody under 45)

£3 EW double the pair.

Good Lack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BLADEFORLIFE
Social source share

link

You've got that spot on Mike.....and WC might well repay you at Liverpool mate.

2.00 Captain Corelli, £3 EW

2.35 Le Roi Miguel £6 EW (10's BF, 8's Skybet...value bet of the meeting...reckon Ruby's picked the wrong un, but you may disagree Mike after Thisthatntothers 2nd to WC??

3.15 Baracouda £8 win

4.00 Banker Count £1 win, £2 place...paid for me to go to Prestatyn,( but Shane cocked it up :yes: ) back to the right trip today :)

4.40 Point Barrow £2 EW

10x 15p win doubles

10x 10p EW trebles

5x5p EW 4xer

5p ew 5xer

Also £2 place Emotional moment 3.15

Phew!

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

You've got that spot on Mike.....and WC might well repay you at Liverpool mate.

2.00 Captain Corelli, £3 EW

2.35 Le Roi Miguel £6 EW (10's BF, 8's Skybet...value bet of the meeting...reckon Ruby's picked the wrong un, but you may disagree Mike after Thisthatntothers 2nd to WC??

3.15 Baracouda £8 win

4.00 Banker Count £1 win, £2 place...paid for me to go to Prestatyn,( but Shane cocked it up beer.gif ) back to the right trip today :rolleyes:

4.40 Point Barrow £2 EW

10x 15p win doubles

10x 10p EW trebles

5x5p EW 4xer

5p ew 5xer

Also £2 place Emotional moment 3.15

Phew!

link

When I worked in the bookies, I would have filed that bet

in the bin tray :yes:

Need to get my thinking head on now :(

Going on the ladbrokes rules, as I used to work for them I am only paying out on the first 4. I believe some are paying ou5th, but dont know what place odds they are using so:

Steve has £106.25

Dave £77.90 (Is it just a place at 16/1 1/4 odds)

Bookie £30 (I forgot to post. )

Dave I talked myself out of Thisthat....I thought he was a bandit...Wrong AGAIN!!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!