Dome CSC Fri 30 Jan by Nick g

Mike

Nick G passed on his view orignally posted on The Soul talk List

Capitol Soul Club last night, arrived around 10, spotted a fair few of the usual suspects dotted around the room and the record bar area, Andy Faulkner was doing his stuff behind the decks playing some known/lesser known R'n'B bits, I'm not a great lover of R'n'B but Andy's set was quite easy on the ear, following Andy came the new Capitol Soul Club promoter Alan H, Alan played a very good set, more northern than the R'n'B stuff he's seems to

favour. Carl followed Alan and played to his usual standards, excellent stuff, by this time the dance floor was pretty busy, Ady Lupton soon changed this....it was bloody heaving, Ady played a fantastic spot and the place was really buzzing, for the last hour and 15 minutes Mick H carried on where Ady had left off, Mick played an awesome spot, brilliant stuff, he included what

he described as an unreleased version of Sam Dees "Lonely For You Baby" with a spoken intro, Chalky claimed it was the LP version but on reflection I thought it had extra strings in there, we'll see, Mick H played the most talked about record on internet message boards,the brilliant Eric Lomax c/u and also The Nurons, so I went home smiling.

All in all a brilliant night, just to confirm as the Dome as the top soul night in the south.

Cheers

Nick G

as always views from out and about always appreciated and reckon of interest to many - just hit that new topic button at bottom

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I agree, the night was very good,and Alan did play a great set to the floor,I really like Alans more obscure R&B ,he is a great d,j with fantastic records ,and hope he continues to "Do his thing" rather than becoming a conformist to the darkness demons,who lurk in the corners and round the sides of venues all over the country,collecting and projecting their opinions of records played forcing some d,j,s to play the same records week in week out , oh I mean year in year out sorry!! lol !! ,Mick H is also great dj and did play some new stuff to the Dome ,it was a fantastic night and would highly recommend to anyone considering going!!, a little bit dark,..on entry walked into the back of my friends head lol!! I have to say from the floor looking up at the decks it looked very quiet,and the mood very serious and I thought for a while somethings not right , then I realised it was the Very Good looking, Funny, Mad Irish Man..you was really missed greg!! and lots of people in there really shared this view with me, wish you well in your new venues and ventures ....kay X

Hi K

Thank you for your kind words and great to see the CSC still pulling in a crowd.

Ladies & gents look out for a new allnighter starting in mid March called SHOTGUN.

This is a new venture and myself and Chris dale (scenesville) along with Gav & Vic (promoters & crossfire dj's) plus guests will be spinning the finest in rare 6ts soul & quality RnB plus some rare ska/rocksteady...of course it will be mad and FUN!!! I will post up more when i have the full details from Gav & Vic.

carefree

Greg

ps can the dark demons stay away from above :-)

Guest vic-shot

Nice one Greg,

The first one this year will be on March 27th and will start at 10pm and finish at 6am,like Greg said no dark demons or monsters just soul/r&b loving funsters who want to have a great time and listen to fantastic records,

The venue is in a Basement Club that has about a 250 capacity with a real good sound system and an alnight bar.

Here's a few more details.....

SHOTGUN! Saturday 27th March 10-6am

Belushi's Basement Bar 161 Borough High Street

DJs.

Irish Greg,Chris Dale,Gavin Evans and Vic Ranger are joined by guest,Jo Wallace and Mary Boogaloo,

Playing the very best..Rare 6ts soul,r&b,funk and boogaloo with a little Ska too.

£8 O.T.D