Carl Marshall - I'll Give My Heart To You - Chantilly Lp

John Reed

Surfing the web as you do... I found this https://www.funkjazzsoul.net/r597.jpg

I have never heard of this album before now and wondered if anyone knew of it or knew what was on it?

Although on the Double Hit 7", maybe "I Can't Live Without You" could be on this too. His clothing on the cover could fit the early to mid 70's.

I've tried to find a way to contact the web site, but theres no contact facility.

Please can anyone help?

Cheers,

John

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Surfing the web as you do... I found this https://www.funkjazzsoul.net/r597.jpg

I have never heard of this album before now and wondered if anyone knew of it or knew what was on it?

Although on the Double Hit 7", maybe "I Can't Live Without You" could be on this too. His clothing on the cover could fit the early to mid 70's.

I've tried to find a way to contact the web site, but theres no contact facility.

Please can anyone help?

Cheers,

John

Seems to be a right rare'un John, and I think there are 2nd presses of it that are hard to tell apart from the originals. I think it dates from 1980.

'Come Groove With Me' was comped on Kings Of Diggin CD, which i'd assume was on the mentioned lp.

Edited by Adrian
Social source share

Seems to be a right rare'un John, and I think there are 2nd presses of it that are hard to tell apart from the originals. I think it dates from 1980.

'Come Groove With Me' was comped on Kings Of Diggin CD, which i'd assume was on the mentioned lp.

Adrian,

Interesting CD....

I'm surprised theres not more about if it was booted/repressed. The cover still looks too early for 1980 to me.

All the best,

John

Social source share

The cover still looks too early for 1980 to me.

I know what you mean, but alot of those independant artist release type lps from around 78-80 look earlier, I suppose its the low budget allround approach. Some of them are worth having for the covers alone, infact I have found that a good number of those kinda lps are musically abit of a let down when the covers promise so much!

I would think it is the kind of record that have been booted too supply the japanese and latley the french buyers, I got a New Orleans lp which I brought as original but I got my doubts but can really prove it cause it seem idential.

Have alook around for covers of Tal Armstrong, The Thompsons they are the kinda thing they remind me off. (I think those are both actually quite good though)

Should say though never heard the Carl Marshall

Had a search and theres cd's of Carl Marshall gospel releases so prehaps the same bloke.

Be interested if you find out anything

Social source share

Guest tee cee

I have the Carl Marshall LP which i bought off ebay about 5 years ago for about $200 it is a 80 or 81 release unfortunatly it is in storage at the moment but i will pull it out next week if you want any details of track listing.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!