Anyone Tried This?

Guest tayster

Guest tayster

:lol: simple you put in an artist or group's name n'the site creates a radio for you of similar stuff. its linked to the "music genome projek" whatever the feck that be.

try it its easy.

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Quite interesting this. Here's how they describe their "Music genomeProject" doo dah thing.

On January 6, 2000 a group of musicians and music-loving technologists came together with the idea of creating the most comprehensive analysis of music ever.

Together we set out to capture the essence of music at the most fundamental level. We ended up assembling literally hundreds of musical attributes or "genes" into a very large Music Genome. Taken together these genes capture the unique and magical musical identity of a song - everything from melody, harmony and rhythm, to instrumentation, orchestration, arrangement, lyrics, and of course the rich world of singing and vocal harmony. It's not about what a band looks like, or what genre they supposedly belong to, or about who buys their records - it's about what each individual song sounds like.

Since we started back in 2000, we've carefully listened to the songs of tens of thousands of different artists - ranging from popular to obscure - and analyzed the musical qualities of each song one attribute at a time. This work continues each and every day as we endeavor to include all the great new stuff coming out of studios, clubs and garages around the world.

gary

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

:ohmy: Mutts nuts. Be warned, only visit the website if you've got a spare two hours or more, its addictive.

Expected to hear tracks from only the artist I picked, amazing stuff, it's playing similar style to the artist picked as well as the artist!. Unbelievable the amount of work that must have gone into it. Heard some cracking music some i've never even heard!

Stations so far:

Gene Chandler

Chuck Jackson

Major Lance

Newest one, Jerry Butler, playing as I type :-)

Bad side: It didn't find a match for Roy Hamilton, damn!

Soz Pete-S, sacking your podcasts for a day or two in favour of Pandora, your podcasts keep me amused when i'm busy at home and don't have time or patience to pick and play my own music haha.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert