You Know You Got Soul

Guest James Trouble

Guest James Trouble

We have had a bit of a surge of ticket sales over the weekend and we have now sold over 1/3 of the tickets for You Know You Got Soul which is now only two weeks away. If you are planning on getting along to this excellent charity soul night I would suggest getting you tickets in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.

Click here or go to www.youknowyougotsoul.com to buy your tickets.

youknowyougotsoul.jpg

whistling.gif

If there is enough interest we will also organise a mini bus from Chelmsford to the Rocket All Nighter, which would make You Know Got Soul a great start to a very long night of rare soul. :thumbsup:

Edited by James Trouble
  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

We have had a bit of a surge of ticket sales over the weekend and we have now sold over 1/3 of the tickets for You Know You Got Soul which is now only two weeks away. If you are planning on getting along to this excellent charity soul night I would suggest getting you tickets in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.

Click here or go to www.youknowyougotsoul.com to buy your tickets.

youknowyougotsoul.jpg

whistling.gif

If there is enough interest we will also organise a mini bus from Chelmsford to the Rocket All Nighter, which would make You Know Got Soul a great start to a very long night of rare soul. :thumbsup:

link

I just came on your message,I wonder if you could answer this for me,I see you have shifty DJing and it was only a few days ago,a mate of mine were talking about him,butch had a cover up played it at the 100th club,shifty just came back from states and played the same record which butch had as a cover up do you know the name of that track?

Billy

Guest James Trouble

I just came on your message,I wonder if you could answer this for me,I see you have shifty DJing and it was only a few days ago,a mate of mine were talking about him,butch had a cover up played it at the 100th club,shifty just came back from states and played the same record which butch had as a cover up do you know the name of that track?

Billy

link

He's not been in the States? Maybe it was a while ago? wink.gif

Right then, know this spread to another thread, so bringing this one back up, who's going??

Would make a great warm up for Soultown if your going there

Guest James Trouble

It certainly would. I used to commute to and from north London from Chelmsford every day. Easy M11 M25, 40 minutes to Holloway road at that time of night if you know the way. And it will mean that you will arrive in London with a warm feeling inside knowing that you have donated to a very worthy cause!!!!! :rolleyes:

Right then, know this spread to another thread, so bringing this one back up, who's going??

Would make a great warm up for Soultown if your going there

link

Really looking forward to 27th, bringing an NS virgin with me (possible convert - she loves Dusty so we are half way there). The bliss of one night and not even a sound bite of "Amarillo", it's driving me mad everyone in the office is singing or whistling it.

Even getting a special T shirt done as I don't know anyone and you all will be able to spot me - please come and say hi!

James soultown is in dewsbury, sherridens nighter, so really your event covers both of the nighters for people travelling either way! How excellent, did you plan that ROTFPML

Guest James Trouble

James soultown is in dewsbury, sherridens nighter, so really your event covers both of the nighters for people travelling either way!  How excellent, did you plan that    ROTFPML

link

Oooh yeah. Great for folk coomin up from down south to ooop norf, or great for people going to the London all nighter.

What fantastic planning on my behalf. :rolleyes:

I got a special t-shirt but it says  'No-one knows im a C*NT' so you won't know who I am anyway  :rolleyes: It doesn't have the star in it either  LOL

link

Think will get my hair done though - this beehive is getting a little dated and have you seen the price of hairspray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest James Trouble

Think will get my hair done though - this beehive is getting a little dated and have you seen the price of hairspray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

link

It's in Essex darling, might be worth going for the wet perm and fake burberry handbag look. :rolleyes:

it sounds like you're gunna fit in just fine! :rolleyes:

link

How the ticket sales going - trying to keep posting near the top for you.

Have been reading up on the charity etc seems very worthy cause and very happy to support it. Will you be doing other stuff on the night to help raise money?

Guest James Trouble

How the ticket sales going - trying to keep posting near the top for you.

Have been reading up on the charity etc seems very worthy cause and very happy to support it.  Will you be doing other stuff on the night to help raise money?

link

Tickets sales going good, we had a surge this week. just over half now sold, which is a good sign.

Two years ago Kate, who's the main promoter, did a similar event. Not soul, just a dinner dance/ball kind of thing. She raised over 10 grand I think, so I suspect she may have a few ideas to raise some money on the night.

We have got alot of coverage in the local press over the next week including interviews, photos, previews etc. So fingers crossed it's gunna go off next weekend!!!!!

Last year Kate didn't do anything because she was in a coma/intensive care for alot of the year. She has had her stomach moved and has other problems with her internal organs which means she has had trouble eating all her life (she's 28). Also at the moment one of her kidneys is in trouble, and her kidneys are connected and share teh same blood supply which means the problem is worse than for people with normal kidneys. She is working on 1 1/4 kidneys at the moment and as a result has massive high blood pressure which is giving her head aches, and she is still doing a fook of alot more promotion for the event than I am! ohmy.gif

KAte loves northern soul, but she can't get to all nighters because she has to have a drip at night because of her difficulties eating. But I am hopeing that by getting enough soulies to come along we can give her a soul night atmosphere. It's gunna sell out anyway, but it will be an added bonus if we can generate a northern soul atmosphere to go along with raising money for an underfunded charity.

Oh, did I mention how good the music is going to be as well? Rob Messer is playing the role of international soul play boy by rushing back from Gijon in Spain having been DJing all weekend, Ian Wright has more rare black dance music than any other man on the planet and Shifty is there to entertain the ladies. It's gunna be a blast! :rolleyes:

There'll eb free CDs on the door as well. :yes:

Tickets sales going good, we had a surge this week. just over half now sold, which is a good sign.

Two years ago Kate, who's the main promoter, did a similar event. Not soul, just a dinner dance/ball kind of thing. She raised over 10 grand I think, so I suspect she may have a few ideas to raise some money on the night.

We have got alot of coverage in the local press over the next week including interviews, photos, previews etc. So fingers crossed it's gunna go off next weekend!!!!!

Last year Kate didn't do anything because she was in a coma/intensive care for alot of the year. She has had her stomach moved and has other problems with her internal organs which means she has had trouble eating all her life (she's 28). Also at the moment one of her kidneys is in trouble, and her kidneys are connected and share teh same blood supply which means the problem is worse than for people with normal kidneys. She is working on 1 1/4 kidneys at the moment and as a result has massive high blood pressure which is giving her head aches, and she is still doing a fook of alot more promotion for the event than I am! :wicked:

KAte loves northern soul, but she can't get to all nighters because she has to have a drip at night because of her difficulties eating. But I am hopeing that by getting enough soulies to come along we can give her a soul night atmosphere. It's gunna sell out anyway, but it will be an added bonus if we can generate a northern soul atmosphere to go along with raising money for an underfunded charity.

Oh, did I mention how good the music is going to be as well? Rob Messer is playing the role of international soul play boy by rushing back from Gijon in Spain having been DJing all weekend, Ian Wright has more rare black dance music than any other man on the planet and Shifty is there to entertain the ladies. It's gunna be a blast! :thumbsup:

There'll eb free CDs on the door as well. :wicked:

link

Everyone should have to bring along their own NS Virgin that would up the numbers - I've got mine sorted what about everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest James Trouble

was years ago i believe

link

I spoke to Shifty about it a couple of days ago. He said he would be more than happy to say what it was but he needs more info to go on... :thumbsup:

Guest James Trouble

we had another burst of ticket sales in the last 24hours, we have now sold 2/3rds of all of tickets.

Everything is looking good for a top night of great music and dancing. get your tickets in now if you intend on coming as we have to be very strict on numbers allowed in. blush.gif

www.youknowyougotsoul.com

Guest James Trouble

Great News!!!!!!!!!!!

link

It looks like it could well be a sell out before the doors open! :thumbsup:

So, back up to the top to say again, if you've not got your tickets in yet and are planning on coming along, you know what to do..... www.youknowyougotsoul.com

Guest James Trouble

Will there be much R&B played? :D

Try to control your language because I'm just bumping it to the top  :thumbsup:

link

You might get a few interesting R+B things from Wrighty. And you'll certainly get plenty of of stuff like "What I Did In The Streets" that you like.

You're coming down then Dave? I think we only have 18 advance tickets left (some will be available on the door, but not many) so if you want to come, you'd best snap one up before it's too late! :D

I've just burnt 50 CDs to give away to the first 50 people through the door, so even more reason to get one of the last tickets and get through the door first!

You might get a few interesting R+B things from Wrighty. And you'll certainly get plenty of of stuff like "What I Did In The Streets" that you like.

You're coming down then Dave? I think we only have 18 advance tickets left (some will be available on the door, but not many) so if you want to come, you'd best snap one up before it's too late! :thumbsup:

I've just burnt 50 CDs to give away to the first 50 people through the door, so even more reason to get one of the last tickets and get through the door first!

link

I think it's doubtful, James, though not impossible :D

Shalln't know till Sunday for sure.

Hope you have a really successful night either way :D

You're coming down then Dave? I think we only have 18 advance tickets left (some will be available on the door, but not many) so if you want to come, you'd best snap one up before it's too late! :thumbsup:

link

Just out of interest James, what time is "kick off" and what time is the bar open till?

Guest wrighty

Just out of interest James, what time is "kick off" and what time is the bar open till?

link

hi chrissieo, i'll jump in as james is obviously up to his eyes in cd burning ranting_1.gif

kick-off is 8pm, as far as i know the bar should be open till the finish at 1pm :huh:

hope to see you there :lol:

Guest James Trouble

We only have 8 tickets left to sell now. So if you are planning on coming along it's best you get along to www.youknowyougotsoul.com and buy them online while they are still there. Remember, we are only a 40 minute drive away from the Rocket, so it would make a great warm up!

If you don't manage to get one of the tickets, or decide to come along at the last minute there will be very limited tickets available on the door, but you will need to get to the club for 8 oclock and wait while we get all the people who have paid in advance through the door.

There's also a raffle organised (see, we do respect norman soul traditions whistling.gif ) with loads of CDs that EMI have kindly donated, and there is a special "You Know You Got Soul" CD that will be available to the early arrivers.

It's going to be a lot of fun, and we're all looking forward to a great night of dancing to quality soul sounds.

DJ times are:

8pm till 10pm Ian Wright and James Trouble

10pm till 11pm Rob "International Soul Playboy" Messer

11pm till 12am "The Lady's Choice" Shifty

12am till 1am James Trouble and Ian Wright

Guest James Trouble

We've jsut had a massive surge and we have now slightly over sold advance tickets, so if you still want to get in you are going to have to get to the doors before 8pm and wait while we get all the tickets holders in.

It's going to be a great night. Thanks for the support! :sleep3:

We've jsut had a massive surge and we have now slightly over sold advance tickets, so if you still want to get in you are going to have to get to the doors before 8pm and wait while we get all the tickets holders in.

It's going to be a great night. Thanks for the support! :sleep3:

link

I dont have to worry,as i am on ya guest list :good: , :) Ken

Guest James Trouble

I dont have to worry,as i am on ya guest list  :good: , :sleep3: Ken

link

hi ken, if u've reserved a ticket, no problem, best get there early though to get one of the great CDs i've been burning!

hi ken, if u've reserved a ticket, no problem, best get there early though to get one of the great CDs i've been burning!

link

Great night, though am glad i'm not 6ft tall, should think there ar a few sore heads, and not through drink today - do you have figure on monies raised.

Guest wrighty

Great night, though am glad i'm not 6ft tall, should think there ar a few sore heads, and not through drink today - do you have figure on monies raised.

link

hi chrissieo, i heard earlier from james that kate raised a total of £2,000 which is a pretty amazing figure, all in all a great night, i have to say that although i'm not a regular 'soulie' i thought the atmosphere was superb, we always knew the basement was the only decent venue in chelmsford to hold a night so nice to see something finally happening, know what you mean about the ceiling tho, i'm 6 ft 4 :( hats off to kate for organising everything and many thanks to rob and shifty for some fantastic tunes, mr trouble was on very good form also of course, didnt play too much funk stuff myself, you might have found me hanging from the rafters if i had :sleep3:

hi chrissieo, i heard earlier from james that kate raised a total of £2,000 which is a pretty amazing figure, all in all a great night, i have to say that although i'm not a regular 'soulie' i thought the atmosphere was superb, we always knew the basement was the only decent venue in chelmsford to hold a night so nice to see something finally happening, know what you mean about the ceiling tho, i'm 6 ft 4  :( hats off to kate for organising everything and many thanks to rob and shifty for some fantastic tunes, mr trouble was on very good form also of course, didnt play too much funk stuff myself, you might have found me hanging from the rafters if i had  :sleep3:

link

If you're 6ft 4 ceiling would of been too low but we would of found some other form of torture.

Thanks to you all for a great night.

Guest James Trouble

as ian said, two grand was raised for the charity, which is an amazing figure. great sets from shifty and rob. loads of young faces in there amongst lots of northern dancers. we'll post the pictures in the next couple of days.

hats of to kate for running the night, she's a real star. :sleep3: