Urgently Wanted: Superglue

• Replies 34
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thought about posting up the Salvadors.....but couldn't find that one.

Put it in a frame & stick it on the wall. Just like I've done with Moses Smith.

It then looks really cool & also looks like you meant to do it.

I am to record collecting what Edward Scissorhands is to flower arranging.

Social source share

Yeah like that, really good, made us laugh at this end!

ps......have decided you are quite perceptive.

It normally takes about 10 mins to get to know me, then form a view that I'm a smart ass.

You've managed to shave about 9.5 minutes off the process.

Record handling is obviously not your bag.......thought about a career in Human Resources?

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Billy dropped a bigger bugger than eeeeeeevvvver before! wink.gif

link

Has anyone ever told you there are slightly less drastic ways of telling vinyl and styrene apart?

Social source share

I remember one record dealer from Rotherham who put a length of string through all the records for sale in his box. You could still look and examine the discs but not easily. I expect you were his last customer before he took this action.

Talk about Sack the Juggler!!!

Social source share

Billy dropped a bigger bugger than eeeeeeevvvver before! :thumbsup:

link

That sucks mate. Postman once snapped a copy of The Valadiers - I found a girl. It was on Gordy not Oriel, but I was still miffed.

On a brighter note, your cd went in the post this morning and should be with you soon. Chin up :thumbsup:

Edited by Ian Sims
Social source share

I remember one record dealer from Rotherham who put a length of string through all the records for sale in his box. You could still look and examine the discs but not easily. I expect you were his last customer before he took this action.

link

I think the string would be better used to tie my hands behind my back :thumbsup:

Social source share

No. It's the vinyl issues that do. Don't know if they're all the same. Demos must have used a no-jumping master :D

So mr. Manion...... who's going to me the first to 1000 posts :thumbsup:   :D

link

Me probably :thumbsup:

Its not a fair race Mark.

You posts are invariably intelligent, informative and thought provoking.

Mine are just about all b*ll*cks.

Mind you, if we start a thread about the merits of 'Love Stormy Weather' ( I think thats by the Thompson Twins :D ) and 'I Wont Have Any Babies With You' (Jodie Marsh ?) Then it could be death race 2005 to 1000 posts.

Steve

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about it, could this be the most expensive record break in NS history? If so at least you will get your name in the record books.

Theres always an upside, so Im told.

Ed

link

Errr, that`s nothing! I once MELTED an original studio acetate whilst "under the influence"-you know...busy,busy,busy..Got to clean everything just one more time..clean,clean,clean...busy,busy,busy.. And certain people just won`t let me forget it! You know who you are.....Didn`t realise at the time that Isopropyl Alcohol and Acetate aren`t good bedfellows....totalled the groove..

RODD KEITH-AND THE LORD SAID-PREVIEW RECORDS-STUDIO ACETATE!

Ah well,that was a long time ago now.....move on... :sleep3:

But the Gwen Owens loss would be more painful... :)

Edited by The Soul Intention
Social source share

link

Steve Crofts record stall,and he used have pricing policy based on black power,on the corner where price is,he would have letters B L A C K P O W E R,ie A P would work out at £36,anybody remember this,ho and was not string,they where specialy made rods,with locks on. :sleep3: Ken

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Steve Crofts record stall,and he used have pricing policy based on black power,on the corner where price is,he would have letters B L A C K P O W E R,ie A P would work out at £36,anybody remember this,ho and was not string,they where specialy made rods,with locks on. :huh: Ken

link

Christ,Ken..That`s going back a bit..Thought about trying it with my sales box but I can only sell ISSUES that way as you know..I`d have to take the electric drill to the DEMOS! :sleep3: BTW,I keep talkin` to Adrian about where Steve Croft`s escaped to.Nobody had seen hide nor hair of him (I know,I know..."since that day..") I`ve heard he`s turned up somewhere..he`s been seen.... :ohmy:

P.S. How`s your Sis? (A)..Hope she`s keeping well.

Edited by The_Soul_Intention
Social source share

Steve Crofts record stall,and he used have pricing policy based on black power,on the corner where price is,he would have letters B L A C K P O W E R,ie A P would work out at £36,anybody remember this,ho and was not string,they where specialy made rods,with locks on. :) Ken

link

Kenny you still owe me B A W from cleethorpes 1994

buy me a pint and we'll write it off !!!

Social source share

That sucks mate.  Postman once snapped a copy of The Valadiers - I found a girl.  It was on Gordy not Oriel, but I was still miffed.

On a brighter note, your cd went in the post this morning and should be with you soon.  Chin up :)

link

i had same problem with martha reeves love, guess who on gordy maybe posties are not into northern :ohmy:

Social source share

Didn't Kev Roberts say that Russ Winstanley or a colleague left the original Frank Wilson 45 on a hot plate and slightly warped it and that is why the UK release had the jump at the beginning?

Can Kev or anyone else elaborate on that story please ?

:)

link

it was a copy of the jades i'm where it's at owned by richard searling and loaned out to the publisher of a fanzine, wonder how he explained it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!