Harriss & Orr - Spread Love ** Reissue **

simonb

Just noticed this :-

harriss & orr - spread love/you opened my eyes (KAY DEE) due March05

Anyone got any ideas of release date?

KAY DEE is Kenny Dope & Keb's label - I dont think this is boot - so please dont shoot me down.

Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

This is what you want then you can play "Here I go" wink.gif bloody brilliant! wink.gif

link

Thanks for that Billy. I will check for the CD.

Found it a little annoying the first listen, played it again - still much the same.

Started to write an honest opinion - One that I didn't think much of.

Played it another three times loud with headphones while I wrote - and what do you know....

Thanks again Billy.

Social source share

Guest dodger

there was an LP reissue (boot?) as well sometime last year. might still be copies kicking around.

link

Pukka re-release on Counterpoint Records on both CD and vinyl.

Social source share

Love this album, Tim Brown told me he introduced it to Richard Searling, by the way what does it fetch these days?...Has anyone got the other Michael Orr LP (sorry name escapes me) but there is a brilliant moody soulful song on with a female vocalist.....maybe called love songs (the LP) mainly gospel orientated in a 70's vein.

Social source share

Love this album, Tim Brown told me he introduced it to Richard Searling, by the way what does it fetch these days?...Has anyone got the other Michael Orr LP (sorry name escapes me) but there is a brilliant moody soulful song on with a female vocalist.....maybe called love songs (the LP) mainly gospel orientated in a 70's vein.

link

There was one went on ebay a couple of months ago,don't know final price,would have thought £200 would be about right.

Pete

Social source share

Just noticed this :-

harriss & orr - spread love/you opened my eyes (KAY DEE) due March05

Anyone got any ideas of release date?

KAY DEE is Kenny Dope & Keb's label - I dont think this is boot - so please dont shoot me down.

link

This then will be a genuine UK release, infact the first release on 45', must get this little baby....... :thumbsup: cheers Simon, never knew about this till now.

Social source share

There was one went on ebay a couple of months ago,don't know final price,would have thought £200 would be about right.

Pete

link

Cheers pete, always a little unsure about the prices of LP's, suppose one day there will be a guide to destroy all my future bargain buys :thumbsup:

Social source share

This then will be a genuine UK release, infact the first release on 45', must get this little baby....... :thumbsup:   cheers Simon, never knew about this till now.

link

Hi Brett,

Although most of the Kay Dee stuff comes out on 7" - I've only seen it as a 12" Pre release. I've not got one but Fryer over on Funk 45 Forums got one - and he said its been pressed up very loud - I guess thats the man Kenny Dope.

Si

Social source share

Spread Love - without the silly spoken beginning :thumbsup:

My last post was a bit hard to understand, here it is again in Layman's terms...

The Spread Love LP on ebay reached $500 - reserve not met. Haven't a clue what the 7" is worth... James Trouble's playing it so I'd guess quite a lot :thumbsup:

Billy

Social source share

My fault Billy (reading post..but not taking it in !), "Here I Go" is the track off the LP that i like, that never got released (did it?) as a 45'.

Social source share

My fault Billy (reading post..but not taking it in !), "Here I Go" is the track off the LP that i like, that never got released (did it?) as a 45'.

link

No, only available on the LP I posted earler, plus been on a couple of CDs. "Spread Love" has been on about 3 funk (funk? :D ) and a couple of soul CDs. It came out on Sunstart 7" and "Spread love" LP in 1976, just been reissued on that label mentioned earlier and I think it was on one of the Keb Darge Soul Spectrum LPs from about 5 (?) years ago.

How's that for useless info? :D I'm not usually this knowlegable but have just been digging :thumbsup: ....besides it's probably all wrong :yes:

There are a few more nice tracks on the LP - one in particular is a lovely ballad called "Feelings". I'm sure I've got an MP3 on here somewhere.....

Billy :D

Social source share

link

Brett

I've got Johnnie Taylor doing a version of "Here I Go (Through These Changes again)" on the "B" side of "Your Love Is Rated X" on a Uk CBS 45.

This must be the same tune as the writers are M.Orr/C.Harris.

Shouldn't cost anymore than £5.

soulmac.

Edited by soulmac
Social source share

Brett

I've got Johnnie Taylor doing a version of "Here I Go (Through These Changes again)" on the "B" side of "Your Love Is Rated X" on a Uk CBS 45.

soulmac.

link

Hi SoulMac, yeah i have that 45', got it for the "Here I Go" side, not as good as Micheal Orr, but still a good record.

Social source share

WHATS THE POINT OF RE_ISSUING SOMETHING THAT WAS RE_ISSUED A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO? CAN THEY NOT FIND SOMETHING ORIGINAL TO PUT OUT? MAYBE SOMETHINGS THATS A BIT RARE? IS THAT NOT THE POINT OF RE_ISSUES? BET THERES A KENNY DOPE 'RE-EDIT' ON IT.. GENIUS.

Social source share

Brett

soulmac.

link

Yep it's the same tune,quite a bit slower than the Micheal Orr version though.I think I picked up a Uk CBS demo for £3 off Keith Minshull I think

Pete

Social source share

WHATS THE POINT OF RE_ISSUING SOMETHING THAT WAS RE_ISSUED A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO? CAN THEY NOT FIND SOMETHING ORIGINAL TO PUT OUT? MAYBE SOMETHINGS THATS A BIT RARE? IS THAT NOT THE POINT OF RE_ISSUES? BET THERES A KENNY DOPE 'RE-EDIT' ON IT.. GENIUS.

link

You're naive if you think this issue is aimed at the Northern Soul scene. There is a wave of younger Soul fans - who are very open to quality music. It's a positive step forward and people like Kenny Dope should be applauded for taking the music forward.

Simon

Social source share

I am not naive simon-I have actually met kenny dope and michael orr and know the label (counterpoint) who released the reissue a couple of years ago and have had the original for many years.My point was - why did Kenny Dope chose to re-issue a record without checking Amazon or google for that matter? The only positive thing is that Kenny Dope makes a couple of grand from the record and michael orr is still broke, whats to be applauded about that? Taking the music forward by reissing a very available track? Younger soul fans should know the real deal-not by buying records that have the 'Kenny dope seal of approval' , Berry Gordy was putting out a lot of better records than kenny dope! Younger soul fans , should maybe start at the basics,no?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!