Guest kelvinx

• Replies 17
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Adam G

Can anyone shed any light on this rather fine piece of work IMHO.

link

Hello The singer is Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings"How long do I have to wait for you" on Daptone records recorded this year available on 45 but get the LP "Naturally" its available on vinyl just google daptone records and get it direct from them for about £13.50 inc postage from the states.Its a blinding LP with soul crossover and a few funk things , all real instruments and her voice is superb.I think its great that stuff like this is getting recorded makes some of the banal bland new stuff seem ....bland and banal wink.gif

Social source share

Guest Adam G

Warm up sesh for Levine's band perhaps wink.gif

link

Really I think its great she has a really soulfull voice and the musicians are all top notch not a dmx in sight her stuff has been getting plays at venues like the Orwell

and other forward thinking 70ts xover venues as well as the funk scene .Different strokes etc

Adam wink.gif

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

i really like this tune. i didnt listen to the clip above but you can hear it at soulclub.org in full. You can buy the 45 for about £6.

Shane

Social source share

in laidback mood so just say.......

lp details and streams of all tracks can be found here

https://www.daptonerecords.com/pages/dap004LP-CD.html

clip of one  here

https://www.daptonerecords.com/audio/natu-s...0Mean%20Man.mp3

link

I really like the fact that they've managed to record something today that sounds like it was recorded many years ago without all the modern drum sounds and production techniques, it does sound authentic - sadly the record was just boring. Good try though.

Social source share

I really like the fact that they've managed to record something today that sounds like it was recorded many years ago without all the modern drum sounds and production techniques, it does sound authentic - sadly the record was just boring.  Good try though.

link

Its produced by Gabriel Roth (this guy knows his stuff in the studio) - the man behind the Desco productions also.

The labels owned by Gabriel Roth & Neal Sugarman (Sugarman 3) - these guys have been putting out 45's for a about 7years, if you include the SoulFire label also - they've been responsible for about 60 45's!!!!!!!!!

Simon

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!