A Gentle Reminder

Guest in town Mikey

Guest in town Mikey

I watched 'Standing in the shadows of Motown' last night.

I had forgotten just what a great dance track, 'Aint to proud to beg' is.

When everyone else in the office is humming 'is this the way to amarillo', its nice to have this bopping around in my head.

Just thought I's share that.

I got all choked again when the story about Robert White in a restaurant is told again.

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I watched 'Standing in the shadows of Motown' last night.

I had forgotten just what a great dance track, 'Aint to proud to beg' is.

When everyone else in the office is humming 'is this the way to amarillo', its nice to have this bopping around in my head.

Just thought I's share that.

I got all choked again when the story about Robert White in a restaurant is told again.

link

I thought I was the only one that did that....when they come out on stage with the pictures of those who have passed to the big studio in the sky....does it for me every time!

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Has anyone seen The Temptations DVD based on the book by Otis Williams, superb!!! makes my missus Julie cry everytime. Aint too proud to beg will be getting a spin from me at Easington April 2nd along with Loneliness made me realize!!! oh sooooooo good!! :thumbsup::yes:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Dont Knock Tony Christie, he's from Conisbro. A similar town to Amarilo and once host to Jimmy Ruffin, Detroit Emeralds, and Ken Dodd at the Adeles WMC.

Ed

link

Not knocking it. good cause etc....Peter Kay comic genius....

I had just noticed I was humming ATPTB, while everyone else in the office are all humming the TC song.

I could have done a Leo, and got you all humming

girls are against me wee ooo

But that would be naughty :thumbsup:

Social source share

Has anyone seen The Temptations DVD based on the book by Otis Williams, superb!!! makes my missus Julie cry everytime. Aint too proud to beg will be getting a spin from me  at Easington April 2nd along with Loneliness made me realize!!! oh sooooooo good!! :thumbsup:   :yes:

link

I couldn't believe how good that was. Thought it would be just ok, but its a classic. The guy who plays david ruffin is top.

When he turns up at that gig after they'd thrown him out, then he sings "aint too proud..." to Otis.

Class!

Social source share

Has anyone seen The Temptations DVD based on the book by Otis Williams, superb!!! makes my missus Julie cry everytime. Aint too proud to beg will be getting a spin from me  at Easington April 2nd along with Loneliness made me realize!!! oh sooooooo good!! :thumbsup:   :)

link

Videoed this when it first released on shown on Hallmark, excellent film. Will have to dig it out and watch it again sometime.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!