Info Required Please. Barbara Lewis How Can I Tell You

BrianB

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It's lp only: on The Many Grooves of Barbara Lewis, US Enterprise or UK Stax, 1969. Produced by Ollie McLaughlin and recorded at Chess in Chicago. A great track which I suspect is a cover of a contemporary pop song as it was written by Brian Hyland. Will have to check if there are any other versions.

I love this album: all the tracks are beautifully put together, very cleanly produced and sung with tons of style and class by Barbara.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Brian actually wrote the song as "How Can I Tell Him"...

Now, I've never heard the record, but there's a 1967 RCA single by Peggy March of that title that I suspect to be the same. Coincidentally (or perhaps not!) this record was Peggy's follow-up to her (excellent) version of "Fool Fool Fool (Look In the Mirror)" - originally recorded, of course, by Barbara Lewis...

Social source share

Guest veep1296

Hi Brian,

I have the LP on US if you want to borrow it? Just bell me and pop round,

Regards

David Ferguson

Brian actually wrote the song as "How Can I Tell Him"...

Now, I've never heard the record, but there's a 1967 RCA single by Peggy March of that title that I suspect to be the same. Coincidentally (or perhaps not!) this record was Peggy's follow-up to her (excellent) version of "Fool Fool Fool (Look In the Mirror)" - originally recorded, of course, by Barbara Lewis...

Social source share

Hi Brian,

I have the LP on US if you want to borrow it? Just bell me and pop round,

Regards

David Ferguson

Thanks Dave,

Are you OK if I ask Kev to tranfer it to CD? If you are I'll try to get round a little quicker than I did for the magazines! :lol:

Social source share

Guest veep1296

Thanks Dave,

Are you OK if I ask Kev to tranfer it to CD? If you are I'll try to get round a little quicker than I did for the magazines! huh.gif

No Problem...i will get it to KP if you let him know to expect me.

DF

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!