What The F**** Bessie Banks

Guest the dukester

Guest the dukester

£398 BESSIE BANKS ON JM'S AUCTION?????????? SO FAR, HAS THE WORLD GONE BANNANA'S FOR 70'S SOUL, IM GONNA AUCTION MY COPY OF VEDA- WHATS IT ALL ABOUT !!

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

£398 BESSIE BANKS ON JM'S AUCTION?????????? SO FAR, HAS THE WORLD GONE BANNANA'S FOR 70'S SOUL, IM GONNA AUCTION MY COPY OF VEDA- WHATS IT ALL ABOUT !!

link

Yes the world has gone barmy, not only on JM but load of stuff on ebay (THAT I WANTED) went for silly money last night, I don't mean bucks but over the odds for what it is, i.e. £8 stuff going round the £15 mark. Stuff I couldn't wait to get rid of that have come in job lots is sellilng actually sold WIgans OVastion Skiing in the Snow, would of given it away or made a Blue Peter flower pot out of it if it had been in the house any longer.

Think everyone has got the bug after Prestatyn, or is it spring cleaning, think I will hang on to everything till late March next year, mind you may not be able to get in the house by then. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Great tune, but not at that price!

Haven't heard the flip, Gareth.

Any chance of a soundfile?

Cheers,

Jamie :thumbsup:

link

Ended up over £400?? Crazy, just left one on a list for 150 as that was way over. The flip is great deep soul not dancer (I have just the demo with the ballad on both sides :) ). I will try and post a soundclip of that side tonight.

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Could understand this money being asked for the issue copy, with the sublime "Try To Leave Me If You Can" on the flip, but not for the double sided deejay copy.

link

Some mad (and flush) people out there !!! Her other Quality side seems to be fetching more these days too - and that came out on UK Contempo as well. With 'Try To Leave' on the flip I think ?? Check out 'Ain't No Easy Way' on Volt for another killer bit o' deep from the lady - with 'Try To Leave' on the other side too - think they were pushing for a hit with that !!

Cheers Girth

Social source share

Some mad (and flush) people out there !!! Her other Quality side seems to be fetching more these days too - and that came out on UK Contempo as well. With 'Try To Leave' on the flip I think ?? Check out 'Ain't No Easy Way' on Volt for another killer bit o' deep from the lady - with 'Try To Leave' on the other side too - think they were pushing for a hit with that !!

Cheers  Girth

link

I have just realised I am talking tosh above, I have the same sided volt demo with Try To Leave Me... (amazing ballad one of my all time top 10 deep sides) and always thought there was a rare issue with Best Is Yet To come on Volt? Reading above am wrong (not that unusual), so is the Volt issue quite common then (compared to others?)

Thanks for sorting my fuddled brain. :thumbsup:

Jock

Social source share

I have just realised I am talking tosh above, I have the same sided volt demo with Try To Leave Me... (amazing ballad one of my all time top 10 deep sides) and always thought there was a rare issue with Best Is Yet To come on Volt? Reading above am wrong (not that unusual), so is the Volt issue quite common then (compared to others?)

Thanks for sorting my fuddled brain.  :thumbsup:

Jock

link

'Ain't No Easy Way' is the flip of the issue of 'Try To Leave' on Volt - and I don't think either the demo or issue are easy. Took me ages to find it. And the flip is worth hunting down !!

Social source share

did any one see what Jimmy hart tea house in china town- mercury went for

now that a god dam awsome record ...................... :thumbsup:

Social source share

The Volt copy of "Try To Leave Me If You Can" is usually priced at about £40 these days (demo or issue, it doesn't seem to make much difference from a price point of view) but, as Girth says, is not as easy to find as that price might suggest. I've personally seen more copies on Quality with "The Best..." on the other side than on Volt in the last couple of years.

Social source share

Get "Try to leave me..." on a contempo 7" with the ok "Baby you sure know how to get to me on the other side", not as nice a label etc I know but its a ballad and I think we can have different rules!!.Just played it and it got me reaching for Lady Margo-Stop By, another classic femme ballad.

Also check out Sandy Barber version of Don't you worry baby on Olde World LP, the theme from Wonder Woman is also on the lp no pictures though unfortunately.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!