Donny Hathaway

Guest woolie mark

Guest woolie mark

i'm after a copy of back together again (duet with Roberta Flack) and also a replacement copy of the ghetto

both must play perfect

also: did he do a studio version of what's goin on? i know the live version - love it, is there a similar studio version?

fillin some gaps here, grateful for any help

cheers :thumbsup:

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hope this can be of help.

albumn DONNY HATHAWAY LIVE [ featuring the ghetto] picked up a brand new

vinyl copy of this albumn for arounnd 12 quid last year at FOPP.

SD 33-386 and dated 1972, they had a few in too. may be re-issue or old stock.

Its on the ATCO label and U.S. imported.

ATLANTIC ...have recently Re-issued THE GHETTO on 12 inch vinyl, along with a load of Funky gems from the 70,s.

Any good Soul supplier could help you out here, and I have seen them in Virgin

and HMV [the bigger outlets].

All on 12" format.

Check out WARNER STATIC MARKETING [uNITED KINGDOM] for more info and a list of classic re-issues on 12s.

Back togather again.....not sure on that one , dealers lists maybe...CRAZY BEAT, or SOUL BROTHER could help.

SOULBROTHER RECORDS at Putney London have a great selection of FUNK, and

would,nt have a problem locating the Donny Hathaway albumns original format.

But I find them very pricey.....ebay might be a good bet.

While we are on the subject does anyone know if DONNY,s LOVE ,LOVE ,LOVE is around on vinyl single or bootleg or re-issue.[as a 45]

I have it on one of his Albums, and on a modern soul comp [you better believe it]

But it just makes my wife melt.......

Its a lovely tune.....very gentle and being played in a few modern rooms I believe.

bomber.....[a.k.a. the drifter]

Social source share

hope this can be of help.

albumn DONNY HATHAWAY LIVE [ featuring the ghetto] picked up a brand new

vinyl copy of this albumn for arounnd 12 quid last year at FOPP.

SD 33-386  and dated 1972, they had a few in too. may be re-issue or old stock.

Its on the ATCO label and U.S. imported.

link

It was an official repress for FOPP and I got it for £7 in Glasgow. It was priced for us under paid Glaswegians. They've got the Marlena Shaw with California Soul album on vinyl for £7. They don't do online sales but if there's a shop near you they should be able to order them in.

https://www.fopp.co.uk/fopp.asp

a studio version of what's goin on is not available.

FrankM

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

While we are on the subject does anyone know if DONNY,s  LOVE ,LOVE ,LOVE is around on vinyl single or bootleg or re-issue.[as a 45]

I have it on one of his Albums, and on a modern soul comp [you better believe it]

Its a lovely tune.....very gentle and being played in a few modern rooms I believe.

link

yes, i noticed it on a few playlists - not sure if i know it....anyone got any of these spare too?

cheers for advice/info guys :rolleyes:

Edited by woolie mark
Social source share

Guest woolie mark

thanks for advice about reissues guys

i'm really trying not to buy reissues now cos recently i've bought a few for over a tenner and then a few days later seen an original for about £20 and kicked myself

but thanks for advice cos if i can't get originals i know how to get em now

btw, on the atlantic reissues - i thought it was great they reissued gwen mcrae's keep the fires burning....heard it at sheridans recently first time for about 20 years and thought it sounded better than ever....does anyone know if this came out on a US 7"?

thnks for help :rolleyes:

Social source share

thanks for advice about reissues guys

i'm really trying not to buy reissues now cos recently i've bought a few for over a tenner and then a few days later seen an original for about £20 and kicked myself

but thanks for advice cos if i can't get originals i know how to get em now

btw, on the atlantic reissues - i thought it was great they reissued gwen mcrae's keep the fires burning....heard it at sheridans recently first time for about 20 years and thought it sounded better than ever....does anyone know if this came out on a US 7"?

thnks for help :yes:

link

Woolie

Not sure about the 7" of KTFB, but as a sidenote, the US 12" is different to the UK 12". The US 12" is longer, and has a more extended intro. Much beefier and punchier IMHO, but if you're after it on a 7", that probably won't interest you.....

:yes:

Social source share

While we are on the subject does anyone know if DONNY,s  LOVE ,LOVE ,LOVE is around on vinyl single or bootleg or re-issue.[as a 45]

link

Love, Love, Love was issued on a 7". You should be able to get it for about £10-£15. It's on the B side of ...I can't remember "Someday We'll All Be free" possibly.

Social source share