Forgotten 60's - A Free Cd Available

Raym

Forgotten 60's

Are you getting a little tired of some of the 60's oldies that being played over and over again and again? Well I am too, especially when there are so many great 60's records out there that never seem to get played anymore.

I kow we have had all this before but read on ...........

I have compiled a CD of 27 forgotten 60's tracks that (imo) need playing once again. Just PM or Email me your postal address for a copy. All I ask for in return is a CD from you with your suggestions, or if you can't do that then still contact me as I have about 20 or so I will send out anyway.

No track listing here (get a nice suprise instead) but this can be included with the CD. All tracks have been copied from the original vinyl and are for this first CD 60's tracks only.

Thanks for taking part, I look forward to reading your suggestions here on this thread as well as hearing yours on CD.

Dont forget to post your suggestions of those forgotten 60's that need playing again on this thread.

Thanks, Ray

Email: raymahoney@yahoo.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next "Different Kettle of Fish" (DKOF) is Saturday 22nd December 2007 with Andy Dyson and Mark Bicknell.

Venue: The 'Dog in a Doublet", Whittlesey Nr. Peterbrough.

Visit www.dkof.org for further details and directions.

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi, lots of views but no postings! Anyway 5 lucky people had contacted me last night and so from that a free CD is in the post to each. Thanks Ail, Gary, Mark, Steve and Dave - its been a pleasure. I had about 20 to give out and with 5 gone that still leaves 15 left!! Just contact me for one. Even better if you can send your ideas back to me on a return CD as a swap. Thanks, Ray

Forgotten 60's

Are you getting a little tired of some of the 60's oldies that being played over and over again and again? Well I am too, especially when there are so many great 60's records out there that never seem to get played anymore.

I kow we have had all this before but read on ...........

I have compiled a CD of 27 forgotten 60's tracks that (imo) need playing once again. Just PM or Email me your postal address for a copy. All I ask for in return is a CD from you with your suggestions, or if you can't do that then still contact me as I have about 20 or so I will send out anyway.

No track listing here (get a nice suprise instead) but this can be included with the CD. All tracks have been copied from the original vinyl and are for this first CD 60's tracks only.

Thanks for taking part, I look forward to reading your suggestions here on this thread as well as hearing yours on CD.

Dont forget to post your suggestions of those forgotten 60's that need playing again on this thread.

Thanks, Ray

Email:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next "Different Kettle of Fish" (DKOF) is Saturday 22nd December 2007 with Andy Dyson and Mark Bicknell.

Venue: The 'Dog in a Doublet", Whittlesey Nr. Peterbrough.

Visit
for further details and directions.

Social source share

Hi Chalky, happy to do a swop for some crossover - bring to the CD to DKOF on Sat and I will hold back a CD for you in return. Thanks, Ray

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats 14 last count CD's reserved - for those waiting some went out in todays post and I have 6 to post tomorrow including one to Dante in Mexico and one to Kevin in Canada!! Thanks fto all those for the offers for a CD in return. Those that cant do a CD dont worry I will get one out to you anyway.

If you are reading this and want to see/hear what its all about then just pm or email me your address.

Had a bit of luck this week - whilst having a look through some end of line items in WH Smith I picked up a bargain 100 CD's (WH Smith own brand) for £5.99 - bargain! So I will use this good fortune to copy another batch untill we are all done!

Again no track listing here - I will enclose a track listing with the CD as its easy just to look at a track listing and just pass over tracks because you know them. I am sure my selection will please most into 60's and I am sure it wont generate that thought of 'oh no not that one again'!

By the way for those that havent heard of 'DKOF' (we play the Forgotten, Underplayed and Ignored) :-

Next "Different Kettle of Fish" - Sat 22nd Dec with Mark Bicknell & Andy Dyson

at The Dog in a Doublet - Whittlesey. Peterborough.

visit: www.dkof.org for further details

Social source share

Thats 24 CD's asked for with promises on about half of these for a CD of similar "Forgotten" 60's, that you dont hear played much these days, in return. Thanks also for all the pm's and couple of emails on this. I will run this thred for a few more days before I pack away for christmas (ie. this comming Friday) so if you want a CD then pm or email me before then. I will also still send out as many as I can to anyone who cant do a CD swop - for free. Just pm or email me your address. Thanks, Ray

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Next "Different Kettle of Fish" - Sat 22nd Dec with Mark Bicknell & Andy Dyson

at The Dog in a Doublet - Whittlesey. Peterborough.

visit: www.dkof.org

Social source share

Guest FrostyJak

Billy Butler & Lou Roberts a couple I ain't heard for yonks CHEERS RAY :lol:

CD BURNT I'll stick it in post later

IS THAT BETTER RAY :wave::yes::thumbup:

Edited by FrostyJak
Social source share

Thanks for the feed back - hey, dont give away too many of the tracks on this thread!! :boxing: . If you get a few moments and can put a line or two on this thread about my choice of tracks on the CD then great. I will post up here a full track listing and lables after Christmas. I think there is enough interest from what I have read in the emails, pms to do a 2nd CD in the New Year.

I think I am at the 35 mark now - CD's done and all but 6 sent out (need to visit the Post Office for Germany and USA postage).

I will run this untill the end of the week. Good to make some great contacts and thanks to all those promising a CD in return.

Ray

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert