KING EDWARD - GIRLS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE - GROOVE

KING EDWARD - GIRLS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE - GROOVE  

view refosoul post

Has this obscure tune ever been played? I think its a blend of the Tempests and Georgie Fame? I really like it! Which area of the States is it from? Who is King Edward? Does anyone know anything about this one?

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I play it! They´re from Richmond, Virginia if I remember correctly. And guess what, they´re still active! I think there is more info via the Heeey Baby days site: www.heybabydays.com. And here´s their own website: https://www.kingedwardandthebdsband.com/

So we have been stealing BEACHMUSIC?

Great stuff! Cheers for that one! I like the tune, Its really grown on me the more I have heard it.

Another odd tune that just seems to have somthing really nice going on!

I take it that its a semi / unknown then.

I see JM has it listed in the unknowns section for 150 ukp so it must be pretty hard?????

post-6465-1197587330_thumb.jpg

And here they are!! "KING EDWARD AND HIS B.D.'S - where else but Soulsource!

post-6465-1197587749_thumb.jpg

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Guest Arcticsoulboy

I bought mine on eBay for approximately £30, but the one copy I saw before that went for £100+, so I guess it´s pretty tricky to value this one. And I have no idea how hard it is to find.

Social source share

I have had several copies (and seen a fair few over the years) of the Groove disc in question, but always had it down as being too fast to dance inna 'side-to-side NS stylee' to it, so couldn't justify a three-figure price tag.

However, I've only ever had one copy, and not seen others, of their disc on Groovey, 'I Do' / 'M.T.Y.L.T.T' , of which the flip is a fantastic uptempo Northern dance track. It was also recorded by the Swingin' Medallions, but as good as they are it is lightweight compared to KE & BD's.

:lol:

Social source share

I have had several copies (and seen a fair few over the years) of the Groove disc in question, but always had it down as being too fast to dance inna 'side-to-side NS stylee' to it, so couldn't justify a three-figure price tag.

However, I've only ever had one copy, and not seen others, of their disc on Groovey, 'I Do' / 'M.T.Y.L.T.T' , of which the flip is a fantastic uptempo Northern dance track. It was also recorded by the Swingin' Medallions, but as good as they are it is lightweight compared to KE & BD's.

:wicked:

have you a sound file of the other tune?

Yup - "girls are supposed to be" is quite fast, but I like it! Have you got one for sale?

The Mods - dry your eyes is another fast/white tune I like!

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Just listened to this - does anyone honestly think this is soulful?

Brian thumbsup.gif

Just looked at their website - after a few seconds a tune starts. It's their version of Party Time Man - wacko.gif . Oh no... can it get any worse? Just listen to that crud....the nightmare has only just begun!

Brian :shhh:

Social source share

Just looked at their website - after a few seconds a tune starts. It's their version of Party Time Man - wacko.gif . Oh no... can it get any worse? Just listen to that crud....the nightmare has only just begun!

Brian :lol:

Agree, the new stuff on their site is bad. And I can see why "girls are supposed to be" may not be to eveyones taste - being very white and poppy, but like it !

Social source share

Here´s that clip I promised of M.T.Y.L.TT:

KING_EDWARD2.mp3

Thanks for that one!

Yes I like the fist tune, a good dancer - again a Tempests type of thing IMO

So they did covers and put their own compositions on the b sides?

Shame as both their own tunes are stronger than "Beg me" and "I do"

Intesting stuff - Thanks again !

"KING EDWARD RULES" :wicked:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!