Valuation Pls The Crowns -made Of Gold Pama Album

Guest eedeecee

Guest eedeecee

post-263-1197539265_thumb.jpg

great soul album, similar to the work of The Impressions. Released in the UK on Pama, purple with silver lettering. I've never seen this album popping up somewhere...

The only member of the group I know is Bobby Harris of Mr. Success fame...the same track is also on this album as are 'let's go baby' and 'i'm so proud' and 'my baby just cares for me'. The Crown's biggest hit was 'jerking the dog' I believe

who knows this group? And I wonder about value. It is in M- condition

any ideas??

cheers

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

It's certainly a very rare album - I've had about 75% of all Pama LP's and I've never seen that. Unfortunately it's not collected as much as the reggae albums and I'd only rate it at £40 because of that...and the fact that their 45's are easy to pick up and not that collectable. Somebody trying to fill in the gaps of their Pama collection would probably pay more though.

Social source share

It's certainly a very rare album - I've had about 75% of all Pama LP's and I've never seen that. Unfortunately it's not collected as much as the reggae albums and I'd only rate it at £40 because of that...and the fact that their 45's are easy to pick up and not that collectable. Somebody trying to fill in the gaps of their Pama collection would probably pay more though.

Like me! I paid £60 for it about 7 years ago!!! Best track on the L.P is 'I Need Your Lovin' which I think came out as a 45 on Pama but i've never seen it.

Social source share

FOUND ONE, IN THE ATIC

THE CROWNS -MADE OF GOLD

PAMA-PMLP6

THE CROWNS ALL FROM NEW YORK, TREVOR BROWN,BUNNY WILLIAMS AND BOBBY

HARRIS

VINYL IS VERY CLEAN/BUT WATER DAMAGE ON COVER

SIDE ONE

MELLOW MOONLIGHT-(L. HAYWOOD)

I SURRENDER(W.HARRIS)

LET'S GO BABY(R.PARKER)

MR. SUCCESS-(B.WILLIAMS)

MY BABY JUST CARES FOR ME-(N.SIMONE)

JERKING THE DOG-(J.SHAW)

SIDE TWO

SHE AIN'T GONNA DO RIGHT

I KNOW IT'S ALRIGHT

I'M SO PROUD

WOULD I LOVE YOU

I NEED YOUR LOVING

KEEP ME GOING

FOR SALE

ALL THE BEST

CEL THOMAS

Social source share

• 2 months later...

post-263-1197539265_thumb.jpg

great soul album, similar to the work of The Impressions. Released in the UK on Pama, purple with silver lettering. I've never seen this album popping up somewhere...

The only member of the group I know is Bobby Harris of Mr. Success fame...the same track is also on this album as are 'let's go baby' and 'i'm so proud' and 'my baby just cares for me'. The Crown's biggest hit was 'jerking the dog' I believe

who knows this group? And I wonder about value. It is in M- condition

any ideas??

cheers

Social source share

• 6 years later...
Guest djlucy

I just came across it at a store in SF and it goes for 100USD.

A very awesome album with a unique Chicago sound resonating throughout all the tracks. And the guys are from Brooklyn, NY!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!