Some Current Faves Etc... 50 Minute Mp3 Mix

I just put together an MP3 mix of some current soul/r&b faves of mine for another forum and thought that perhaps someone here would be interested in hearing it as well. Just some random stuff I found in the pile of 45s next to my turntable this morning.

Click

HERE to stream

or click

HERE to download the entire file.

Timmy Willis - I'm A Man - JUBILEE

Freddie North - (I've Got To) Hold Back - A-BET

Willie Parker - I've Got To Fight It - M-PAC

Bobby Taylor - Oh, I've Been Bless'd - V.I.P.

Irma Thomas - In Between Tears - FUNGUS

Neal Brown - If By Chance - CHART SOUND

Sterling Magee - Keep On - SYLVIA

Warren Lee - Ever Since I've Been Loving You - DEESU

Impressions - Love Me - CURTOM

Clarence Carter - Back In Your Arms - FAME

Willie Williams - Name It - RCA

Hueys - You Ain't No Hippie - INSTANT

Bobby King - Thanks Mr. Postman - FEDERAL

Gary (U.S.) Bonds - Workin' For My Baby - LEGRAND

Betty James - I'm A Little Mixed Up - CHESS

Elliott Small - I'm A Devil - A.B.S.

Betty Wright - Baby Sitter - ALSTON

Rivingtons - Years Of Tears - VEE-JAY

Willie Tee - You Better Say Yes - ATLANTIC

Timmy Willis - Easy As Saying 1-2-3 - JUBILEE

Enjoy... :thumbsup: or don't... :yes:

Social source share

• Replies 31
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

maybe already aware so apoligies if are

but in past have featured 6 pac sessions on here

similar to above but a bit shorter

just choose 6 interesting tracks, cut and mix them in into one and upload the mp3 along with your sleeve notes

used to be popular, get a bit of chat going along with chance to hear fresh stuff

old ones 97-04 (30 odd sessions I think)

can be heard here

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...y&cmd=sc&cat=67

theres a place for new ones here

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...y&cmd=sc&cat=80

shortage of spare time, meant nought up yet , but as always feel free to throw up any sessions

any q's or not sure on ought just shout

mike

Social source share

I've been wanting to do this for ages, I'm sure I asked if it was possible but got told no?  It was a 45 or so minutes continuous mp3....too big???

link

never say no on here! espically to members uping content to site

the 6 pacs seemed to work best to me, as sorta short and sharp - size wise and sleeve notes wise and thought get more discussion/feedback

while long continuous one can be a pain to upload cause of size, if upload f***s up , you have to wait a long time to find out and not so easy to navigate, and hard to come back to

just split the 45mins into 4 parts and so on

Ones up cut most tracks to 1 min 30 and mixed them in to keep it all short and sharp and avoid obvious probs with one offs and rare stuff

size wise say -about 12 mins mp3 - 2-3 mb ?

keep them in gallery session bit, as then easy to find, comment, and come back to, and gallery takes more formats and plays stuff better

can't see any probs just shout by pm if run into any

mike

and all should be

Social source share

never say no on here! espically to members uping content to site

the 6 pacs seemed to work best to me, as sorta short and sharp - size wise and sleeve notes wise and thought get more discussion/feedback

while long continuous one can be a pain to upload cause of size, if upload f***s up , you have to wait a long time to find out and not so easy to navigate, and hard to come back to

just split the 45mins  into 4 parts and so on

Ones up cut most tracks  to 1 min 30 and mixed them in to keep it all  short and sharp and avoid obvious probs with one offs and rare stuff

size wise say -about 12 mins mp3 - 2-3 mb ?

keep them in gallery session bit, as then easy to find, comment, and come back to, and gallery takes more formats and plays stuff better

can't see any probs just shout by pm if run into any

mike

and all should be

link

OK just so I know: if I do a 45 minute or whatever mix live onto cd, then I put that on the pc and turn it into an mp3 file right...what prog would I use to split it up into four parts?

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

I just put together an MP3 mix of some current soul/r&b faves of mine for another forum and thought that perhaps someone here would be interested in hearing it as well. Just some random stuff I found in the pile of 45s next to my turntable this morning.

Click

HERE to stream

or click

Enjoy...  :rolleyes:   or don't...  :unsure:

link

Rivingtons - Years Of Tears - VEE-JAY - good harmonies :unsure:

Social source share

Rivingtons - Years Of Tears - VEE-JAY - good harmonies :unsure:

Glad you liked it. :unsure: Frank Polk recorded the original version of it on one of his Capitol 45s. A much "deeper" take on the tune and probably the preferable one to my ears (if I have to choose, which I thankfuly don't laugh.gif ).

Here's an RA of Frank Polk as well: :rolleyes:

Social source share

Eye, B side not bad either (Love you always).  Wonder what it goes for these days, anyone know?

link

Indeed, that Rivingtons 45 is a fine double sider. "I Love You Always" is the preferable side IMO although both are fantastic. Recent copies on eBay have been selling for $50-$65-ish... I.e. £20-£35-ish I guess. Have never seen a vinyl copy, only styrene demos and issues. Has anyone got a vinyl one? Wanna sell it?

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Indeed, that Rivingtons 45 is a fine double sider. "I Love You Always" is the preferable side IMO although both are fantastic. Recent copies on eBay have been selling for $50-$65-ish... I.e. £20-£35-ish I guess. Have never seen a vinyl copy, only styrene demos and issues. Has anyone got a vinyl one? Wanna sell it?

link

Think mine's a styrene demo, but then a again I'm a bit hazy on the whole styrene, thing. tell me again what that constitues?

Social source share

Think mine's a styrene demo, but then a again I'm a bit hazy on the whole styrene, thing.  tell me again what that constitues?

link

styrene is brittle plastic with peel off label; vinyl is more flexible vinyl with moulded label.

I've had a Rivingtons vinyl issue a few times.

Social source share

link

Oi! I need a vinyl copy first! They do exist, I recently saw one 'in the flesh', but still need one. I will pay £40 for a M/M- VINYL copy of the Rivingtons on Vee Jay. Yet another superb track introduced and popularized(?) in this country (Sweden) by me. The Frank Polk version is quite weak in comparison IMO, he's a good singer, but still an inferior version, at least for northern purposes. Rivingtons "Years Of Tears" is better than many £1000+ group sounds IMO. Has it ever been played anywhere in the past?

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Rivingtons - Years Of Tears - VEE-JAY - good harmonies whistling.gif

link

This was on that sleeveless CD I left at Steve's place, which I think you got?

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Click

HERE to stream

or click

Enjoy...  :rolleyes:   or don't...  :lol:

link

Wonderful stuff mate!, methinks you are very influenced by southern soul, Atlantic/Stax yes?

Social source share

Wonderful stuff mate!, methinks you are very influenced by southern soul, Atlantic/Stax yes?

link

What else is there? :lol:

:lol:

Nah, just kidding. Yes, I'm very into gritty r&b/soul that leans heavily towards the rock'n'roll side of things. I like my soul/r&b with an edge. Saying that, I also love plenty of non-gritty soul as well... Ahhh! I love it all. :rolleyes:

I'm glad you liked my selection! :)

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Rivingtons on Vee Jay. Yet another superb track introduced and popularized(?) in this country (Sweden) by me. The Frank Polk version is quite weak in comparison IMO, he's a good singer, but still an inferior version, at least for northern purposes.

You sure introduced me at least to "Years Of Tears". I only knew that 45 for the flipside earlier. 2 good sides made me splash out £20 on it quite soon after I found out about it. The Frank Polk version is better than Rivingtons IMO, what does it matter whether it's any good for "northern purposes"? :rolleyes:

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

*Eh? :) It matters a lot, at least to me. I also think the Rivingtons is a much better tune regardless, better put together and more flowing, simply better in every way. Frank Polk is good soul, but nothing special really whereas the Rivingtons is a real standout tune with an identity of it's own. I think that tunes that are good for northern are usually much better than tunes that are not. I listen with my feet I guess (and that is probably why my taste is so peculiar :D ). Apart from good deep and 'general soul', I usually dismiss records if they have the wrong beat, too messy, or if there is something else 'wrong' with them, if they are wrong they are simply not right for me. I can't stand mud music and 'rock n soul' for instance. :D

I disagree with you on everything you wrote above. But you knew that... :D To me there is no such thing as a "wrong" dance beat. Just people who don't know how to move to music that doesn't come with a 4/4 thump thump thump thump beat.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!