soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 27
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Then i am 3rd ! :lol:

Have been after this tune for 2 years or more !

Dundee Davie has got a copy which has a great Hammond Organ sound ........

Edited by LWJ2
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest octopus

Do you think that's a fair price?

for me it isn't a fair price, even if it's a wonderful piece of 45 :D . but everyone gives his own value and bid consequently. wink.gif

what about you? do you think it's a fair price?

Social source share

for me it isn't a fair price, even if it's a wonderful piece of 45 :D . but everyone gives his own value and bid consequently. wink.gif

what about you? do you think it's a fair price?

I think you've got to think about that kind of price to get a copy of this record in this very competitive collecting scene of ours.

Somebody told me the other day, these 45s are getting scarcer and the asking prices are going up accordingly.

So, do I think that this 45 in particular is worth £200? Then yes I do. In fact I think it's worth a lot more!!!

Social source share

i'm getting a wee bit tired playing it to be honest lol

Hi Davie,

I haven't heard it played anywhere I go for donkies.

Also, I think you are more a DJ than a collector and tend to turn over your DJing box as regularly as you can afford. Is that correct?

Besides, it's always easier to get tired of a record when you've already got it and you also use it in your playlists.

Those that ain't got it, want it, especially the collectors amongst us.

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Hi Davie,

I haven't heard it played anywhere I go for donkies.

Also, I think you are more a DJ than a collector and tend to turn over your DJing box as regularly as you can afford. Is that correct?

Besides, it's always easier to get tired of a record when you've already got it and you also use it in your playlists.

Those that ain't got it, want it, especially the collectors amongst us.

that is pretty much correct yeah ....also seemed that i was playing it everytime i dj'd cos people were asking for it .

what can i say i get bored easy lolol and that's the reason i sold johnny taylor ep , patience valentine , dusty wilson , big daddy rogers (the alt of that is better too) , joe tex i wanna be free cos i was sick hearing them

Social source share

that is pretty much correct yeah ....also seemed that i was playing it everytime i dj'd cos people were asking for it .

what can i say i get bored easy lolol and that's the reason i sold johnny taylor ep , patience valentine , dusty wilson , big daddy rogers (the alt of that is better too) , joe tex i wanna be free cos i was sick hearing them

I get bored easily too, which is why I'm STILL collecting.

The alternative version of the Joe Tex is good / better also, but I think you and I have been down this road before. :D

Social source share

I think £200 for that opy was a bit much, label well off centre and SR on label. So would not appeal to a collector.

Dj wise lot of money for the track, especially with Belgiums track record for catching people out.

I first heard it in France and am still looking for a copy and will no doubt be looking for quite a while.

Social source share

I think £200 for that opy was a bit much, label well off centre and SR on label. So would not appeal to a collector.

Dj wise lot of money for the track, especially with Belgiums track record for catching people out.

I first heard it in France and am still looking for a copy and will no doubt be looking for quite a while.

Hi,

I think £200 is a very good price for a very rare record.

I take your point about the Belgians but there's no way that particular Joe Tex 45 with the label off-centre, etc is a Belgian boot. That is an original that belongs in a good collection. As long as the record is on-centre, no harm done. The label being off-centre somehow lends itself more to its credibility and authenticity as an original. I've seen and got many King / Federal Audition copies like this one with 'not so perfect' labels. No matter.

Anyhow, keep looking, one day you'll find one and hopefully it will have been worth the wait. I guess some people can't wait, hence sellers and buyers on eBay and the like.

Denbo.

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

I get bored easily too, which is why I'm STILL collecting.

The alternative version of the Joe Tex is good / better also, but I think you and I have been down this road before. :D

just a different mindset that's all ,

Social source share

Hi,

I think £200 is a very good price for a very rare record.

I take your point about the Belgians but there's no way that particular Joe Tex 45 with the label off-centre, etc is a Belgian boot. That is an original that belongs in a good collection. As long as the record is on-centre, no harm done. The label being off-centre somehow lends itself more to its credibility and authenticity as an original. I've seen and got many King / Federal Audition copies like this one with 'not so perfect' labels. No matter.

Anyhow, keep looking, one day you'll find one and hopefully it will have been worth the wait. I guess some people can't wait, hence sellers and buyers on eBay and the like.

Denbo.

Didn't mean to suggest it was a boot. I have bought stuff that is original from Belgioum only to have lots of poor excuses for not sending it - ending in claims against the traders.

See what you mean about the quirkiness factor of the labels - and I do love the little infomercial bits on the labels of demo/audition copies. I have some and in the main there great history. Still back to the search.

Edited by hold tight
Social source share

Didn't mean to suggest it was a boot. I have bought stuff that is original from Belgioum only to have lots of poor excuses for not sending it - ending in claims against the traders.

See what you mean about the quirkiness factor of the labels - and I do love the little infomercial bits on the labels of demo/audition copies. I have some and in the main there great history. Still back to the search.

Good Luck with your search.

Social source share

Joe Tex at 401 USD is a steal, especially if someone is willing to pay as much as 423 USD for an illegal bootleg of Tiny Topsy :excl:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=014

can somebody tell me in what state of mind somebody must be who pays 423 for a bootleg ? Even if he tries to get a way with this as an original (there are some out there who try at least so I have heard..) it does look so different from the original (which I btw had problems to sell on here for 250 UKP if I remember correctly). WoW.

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Joe Tex at 401 USD is a steal, especially if someone is willing to pay as much as 423 USD for an illegal bootleg of Tiny Topsy excl.gif

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=014

can somebody tell me in what state of mind somebody must be who pays 423 for a bootleg ? Even if he tries to get a way with this as an original (there are some out there who try at least so I have heard..) it does look so different from the original (which I btw had problems to sell on here for 250 UKP if I remember correctly). WoW.

Hi Marc,

Does this repro of a Demo REALLY look that much different to your original Demo?

Only, it looks so real to me.

Social source share

Hi Marc,

Does this repro of a Demo REALLY look that much different to your original Demo?

Only, it looks so real to me.

Hi Denbo, as real as the other bootlegs this seller is selling since several months now. Usually though the labels the manufacturer of these boots uses are taken from original records (his Old Town repros are like that but do usually feature two different artists on each side). My original was an issue and sadly I don`t have it anymore but as the buyer was someone from this site he may be able to posta scan ?

But do you intend to say the buyer thinks he bought an original ? It clearly states in his auction Repro and his Mike Pedicin "only" made 123 sth USD (for that reason ?).

Marc

Social source share

Hi Denbo, as real as the other bootlegs this seller is selling since several months now. Usually though the labels the manufacturer of these boots uses are taken from original records (his Old Town repros are like that but do usually feature two different artists on each side). My original was an issue and sadly I don`t have it anymore but as the buyer was someone from this site he may be able to posta scan ?

But do you intend to say the buyer thinks he bought an original ? It clearly states in his auction Repro and his Mike Pedicin "only" made 123 sth USD (for that reason ?).

Marc

Hi Marc,

No, I'm not suggesting the buyer might have thought it was an original. Unless of course he or she didn't see the comment about it being a repro.

Do you know if this Tiny Topsy 45 repro had a different artist on the flip side?

Forget that last comment. I've just checked and it's Tiny Topsy on both sides. Although I can't remember off the top of my head if it was 'Everybody Needs Some Loving' on the flip of the original?

I still have my issue but I'm away from home at the moment.

Denbo.

Edited by denbo
Social source share

I bought yours in the end Marc, must be a few years ago now. It was an issue.

The pictures of these 're-issues' look very much like originals. They have the raised rim and dip to the centre on the labels, and I've not seen any boots with those details before.

the Mike pedicin boot had a flat label, like most recent boots.

The people bidding those amounts for it must be insane or unable to read English. All 8 of them mellow.gif

As for Joe Tex, think it's well worth 200, i think one of the hardest on Federal King. I'm sure most r&b fans have been aware of it since the Federal/King CD came out 5+ years ago, and I've hardly seen any for sale since.

The other version is great, where's it from some old comp of unreleased stuff or something?

I heard a re-issue label bought a lot of Federal/King catalogue in the 70s and released a lot of unreleased stuff, probably in japan. Why does so much previously-unreleased stuff come from Japan??

Edited by mik parry
Social source share

I bought yours in the end Marc, must be a few years ago now. It was an issue.

The pictures of these 're-issues' look very much like originals. They have the raised rim and dip to the centre on the labels, and I've not seen any boots with those details before.

the Mike pedicin boot had a flat label, like most recent boots.

The people bidding those amounts for it must be insane or unable to read English. All 8 of them mellow.gif

As for Joe Tex, think it's well worth 200, i think one of the hardest on Federal King. I'm sure most r&b fans have been aware of it since the Federal/King CD came out 5+ years ago, and I've hardly seen any for sale since.

The other version is great, where's it from some old comp of unreleased stuff or something?

I heard a re-issue label bought a lot of Federal/King catalogue in the 70s and released a lot of unreleased stuff, probably in japan. Why does so much previously-unreleased stuff come from Japan??

My sentiments exactly, on everything you've written here.

That so-called repro does look really real.

As for the 'alternate' version of Joe Tex's Pneumonia, it's on a legit re-issue Joe Tex Lp, from the States, the title of which escapes me now as I'm away from home, BUT, the story goes that when they came to put the Pneumonia track on the Lp, they found that the master tape had been lost, so they found an alternate take, which has a more pronounced organ riff in the background, and put that on instead.

Social source share