• Replies 6
  • Views 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest chorleybloke

looking for a nice clean copy of this little baby

Good luck Andy - first time I've ever heard it mentioned. I got one about 4 years ago & wouldn't part with it for an Old Trafford season ticket - fantastic flip side too "Rollin Rollin". Suspect its quite scarce from the number of times I've seen it listed (twice)

Cheers..............Pete

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Good luck Andy - first time I've ever heard it mentioned. I got one about 4 years ago & wouldn't part with it for an Old Trafford season ticket - fantastic flip side too "Rollin Rollin". Suspect its quite scarce from the number of times I've seen it listed (twice)

Cheers..............Pete

cheers Pete, I've been looking around for it for a month or 2 now with no success, I sahll just have to keep plugging away, all good things come to those who wait

also after a copy of duke and leonard - just do the best you can if you know where i might be able to get one

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Andy,

Versatones is harder than you would think. Was looking for one for a couple of years. Copies that do turn up are usually lower grade. I managed to get one earlier this year which although worn, cleaned up real well and plays nicely - both tracks are on the loud side and to be honest the music comes through loud and clear.

Phil Dick has a copy which he offered me when I started looking, you could try him, but again its lower grade.

Duke and Leonard is a great record - bought my copy from Ritchie Andrew at Blackpool Mecca over 30 years ago - have seen a number of copies go through EBay in the last couple of years, both issues and demos, in nice condition for not a lot of money.

Hope this helps

Best

John

cheers Pete, I've been looking around for it for a month or 2 now with no success, I sahll just have to keep plugging away, all good things come to those who wait

also after a copy of duke and leonard - just do the best you can if you know where i might be able to get one

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Played 'Rollin Rollin' out last Friday actually...

BOTH SIDES ARE GREAT :D

then you can play it for me at toby, taffs and martins birthday in january

in fact you can play both sides if you like

never know might even have my own copy by then (yeah righto :lol: )

cheers for all the help, i shall continue with my search

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Andy,

Versatones is harder than you would think. Was looking for one for a couple of years. Copies that do turn up are usually lower grade. I managed to get one earlier this year which although worn, cleaned up real well and plays nicely - both tracks are on the loud side and to be honest the music comes through loud and clear.

Phil Dick has a copy which he offered me when I started looking, you could try him, but again its lower grade.

Duke and Leonard is a great record - bought my copy from Ritchie Andrew at Blackpool Mecca over 30 years ago - have seen a number of copies go through EBay in the last couple of years, both issues and demos, in nice condition for not a lot of money.

Hope this helps

Best

John

nice one John, thanks for that, would you have a contact for Phil Dick?

Social source share