HORNY FOR CARLA

Hi there,

I heard a song many years ago which I think was called "LET ME DOWN GENTLY by CARLA HORNE

but I never did track down a copy & haven't heard it since.

anyone heard of it?

& if so what does it fetch these days?

cheers,

WOJ

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brian Ellis

Listed in the John Manship Guide as C. Henry Hall with A' side 'Summertime' and B' side 'Let me down slowly' - this may help in tracking it down.

JM's valuation £75 - but guide is a few months old now and prices are still rising, so £125 could well be nearer the mark. As always depends on demand.

Brian

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Could I be so brash as to say that the flip side "summertime" is BOSS compared to the wishy washy "let me down" side.

I played the "Summertime" side on the current radio show at www.deepfunk.org. It's the sixth to last track (show is about 2 hours long).

Try and get the white label promo copy if you can, as this is on chunky vinyl, and the issue copies are on horrid evil rancid vile disgusting 'styrene.

I'd say £125-150 is good price for a buyer at the moment for the issue, although I've had offers in the region of £250 for my demo copy (which I would never sell).

Social source share

Cheers everyone,

BUT are we talking about the same tune, the one i'm after was a female vocal I seem to remember, unless Carl has had the op.

slightly mid tempo 6t's, but with a bit of oomph & a lyric that goes

" let me down gently , let me down slow " at the end of the chorus

If it is the same tune then £125- £150 sounds ok ,if the A side is a corker as well.

thanks

WOJ

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

It sounds like a girl singing, but it's really a bloke. The same with "The Universouls" and "Renaldo Domino".

Easy to see why you thought it was carl(a) Hall.

Any other gender bending singers people know of?

Social source share

Cheers, JTrouble I'm convinced it must be Carl Hall , although i'm

not so horny anymore , now I know it's a geezer.

re. more gender benders,I alway thought Timi Yuro was a bloke in the early days

and as for 71trsc's comment ,Clive mate, all I can say is, mister pot , meet mister kettle.

WOJ

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!