Dodgy Or Not?

Guest Andy BB

Guest Andy BB

Got Kenny round playing some tunes and we're in a bit of a 'debate' over a single

Can anyone shed light on this - we've got a tenner on it.

he has a copy of Robert parker barefootin on Head - backed by Jesse Gresham Plus 3.

It looks like a boot, smells like a boot and if I ate it I'm sure I'd miss the laces.

However, it's stamped on both sides and he swear blind it's kosher....

Any ideas?

Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Andy BB

You buggers I'm bleeding money here.

I followed up that bet with the fact that one of 3 of you regulars would be on here with an answer within an hour!

We are now arguing over a Fame Jamaican release by Travis Womack - Slip Away. Anyone aware of this?

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Hang about. I said it was 'real' that's self evident, I had it in my hands. But he said it was a proper issue.

Now, who wins?

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

OK we're down to a fiver cos he lost one on (He's standing over my shoulder now shouting come on some on you c*nt you can't remember).

Hang on then Amanda Love on Chess. Or Amanda Love on Starville - I refuse to accept the former.

It's all up to you Pikey. Final answer, we'll stand by your decision. Are second issue labels 'legit'?

Social source share

OK we're down to a fiver cos he lost one on (He's standing over my shoulder now shouting come on some on you c*nt you can't remember).

Hang on then Amanda Love on Chess. Or Amanda Love on Starville - I refuse to accept the former.

It's all up to you Pikey. Final answer, we'll stand by your decision. Are second issue labels 'legit'?

link

Of course they are...

Heres a list of second issues that are more famous than the original label -have a go at naming the original label for a laugh.

Tommy Raye - You Don't Love Me - Pen

C.L.Blast - Double Up - Stax

Ronnie Love - Chills And Fever - Dot

Bobby Joy - Sweet Devil You - TRC

Al Williams - I Am Nothing - La Beat

Johnny Jone & The King Casuals - Soul Poppin - Brunswick

WOOF!

Social source share

Guest HiTtHeBoNgO

Of course they are...

Heres a list of second issues that are more famous than the original label -have a go at naming the original label for a laugh.

WOOF!

link

had the johnny love on startime , sold that to mikey soul when a london copy come up

got a johnny jones on peach tree

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

too easy, I got that one right  :rolleyes:

link

I think you are supposed to name the original label, not the 'famous' one.

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Now now Pikey, stop trying to blind me with soul quizzes - I'll only make a fool of myself.

I am firmly of the opinion that second-issue labels are not legitimate for as long as it takes me to win an argument in which my stated viewpoint is that second-issue labels are illegitimate.

Once the argument is concluded I will instantly revert back to my original standpoint which was that second-issue labels are legitimate.

:rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Now now Pikey, stop trying to blind me with soul quizzes - I'll only make a fool of myself.

I am firmly of the opinion that second-issue labels are not legitimate for as long as it takes me to win an argument in which my stated viewpoint is that second-issue labels are illegitimate.

Once the argument is concluded I will instantly revert back to my original standpoint which was that second-issue labels are legitimate.

:rolleyes:

link

An example of a second label being more rare?? And hence the one the collectors go for:

Larry Atkins - Aint that love enough.

Romark copies generally fetch three times as much as the Highland copies. But I believe Highland was the original, local label release, before Romark picked it up and released it to a wider audience.

Which then begs the question, why is it more rare? I'd have thought there would be more of them.

Romark I suppose is a more collectable label than Highland, and maybe that explains the price.

Social source share

Would love to be proved wrong though on this one! As palmer also is the perfect recording without the blip as in the LaBeat one, and recent studies (carrried out by me of course) also show every buggers got a LaBeat, and only 3 Palmers (talking demos)

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Johnny Jones & The King Casuals - Soul Poppin - Brunswick = PEACHTREE

(oops someone had already put this)

Edited by Andy BB
Social source share

Of course they are...

WOOF!

link

Is the Tommy Raye track easy to pick up and price please..I have one that my mate keeps nagging me to sell him...I will buy him one if you can point me in the right direction..

Social source share

Is the Tommy Raye track easy to pick up and price please..I have one that my mate keeps nagging me to sell him...I will buy him one if you can point me in the right direction..

link

It's not expensive, but its a bit hard to pick up.....

Would rate a Pen copy at £15 meself.

WOOF!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!