The 18th Skegness Northern & Rare Soul Weekender

Guest MissDee

Guest MissDee

THE 18TH SKEGNESS NORTHERN & RARE SOUL WEEKENDER

MARCH 28th-29th-30th 2008

UPSTAIRS IN THE IMPERIAL BALLROOM - CLASSIC NORTHERN SOUL MEMORIES

DOWNSTAIRS IN THE VAULT - 60s-70s-80s RARE 60s SOUL,MODERN,X-OVER ETC....

Feat some of the UKs TOP SOUL SPINNERS

FRIDAY 7pm - 2am

SATURDAY 1pm - 5pm

SATURDAY 8pm - 2am

SUNDAY 12 NOON - 6pm

FULL WEEKEND PASS £24.00

EVENT DETAILS www.starsandstripesimports.com

PHONE 01754-611838 or 07850-538320

• Replies 69
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Is this enough advanced warning for all you Rare & Underplayed Soul addicts? wink.gif Or will it just give you longer to think up pathetic excuses for not attending?? whistling.gif

So, "Come on, let's be aving you",

Spot. :thumbsup:

TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FROM ALL THE USUAL OUTLETS FOR THIS WELL ATTENDED WEEKENDER NOW IN IT'S 9th YEAR.

MORE INFO FROM DAVE 01754 - 611838 / 07850 - 538320 or www.starsandstripesimports.com

BOOK A ROOM AT www.funcoast.co.uk

TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FROM ALL THE USUAL OUTLETS FOR THIS WELL ATTENDED WEEKENDER NOW IN IT'S 9th YEAR.

MORE INFO FROM DAVE 01754 - 611838 / 07850 - 538320 or www.starsandstripesimports.com

Hi we have got our allocation from dave and donna and they went really well over the crimbo period so anybody needing tickets in the Barnsley area let us know all the best Yocky & joy.skeggi here we come laugh.gif

Is this enough advanced warning for all you Rare & Underplayed Soul addicts? :shhh: Or will it just give you longer to think up pathetic excuses for not attending?? :D

I understand that this event is very well attended - packed when we went :thumbup: .

...Are you confused with the new "Upfront" Skegness Weekender, started late last month (November) and rumoured to next be on at the end of May '08?

I nearly asked someone to check the date myself laugh.gif

m

I understand that this event is very well attended - packed when we went :thumbup: .

...Are you confused with the new "Upfront" Skegness Weekender, started late last month (November) and rumoured to next be on at the end of May '08?

I nearly asked someone to check the date myself :D

m

he's always confused laugh.gif

he's always confused laugh.gif

yep, the one in march is a 'regular' weekender BUT....... downatirs in the vault it's still under played soul from modern to r 'n'b while upstairs.... isn't....

very popular weekend which caters for ALL tastes........

(do i get a bonus for that miss dee dee? :D

You a closet Norwich fan, Spot?!

Mark C

NO, I'm a closet Sean Chapman fan,so "Let's be avin you".

All you smart arse's out there who can read unlike what I can, YES I missed the bit that said, "Classic Northern, upstairs in the Imperial Ballroom" & jumped in with a dig at the "Gunner Brigade" who didn't attend but were "Gunner", so next time "less haste, more speed"

Take care, be safe & have a great 2008,

Spot. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I understand that this event is very well attended - packed when we went :lol: .

I nearly asked someone to check the date myself :lol:

m

UPFRONT EVENT NOW HAPPENS ON JUNE 20TH/21ST not late MAY as earlier advertised!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mr Raistrick sir, I guess this is the one you have asked me to do on the Saturday night...lol in my diary anyway....now how the hell do you get to Skegness from Manchester?????

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

• 3 weeks later...

Dave & Donna, I've decided that we'll be attending ALL Skeggy weekenders this year, then when I jump on the thread & start pontificating about attending I won't look such a plonker, hopefully. :boxing::ohmy:

Take care,be safe & wine at the ready Donna, :shhh:

Edited by spot
Guest Jonah 1959

ONLY A FEW ROOMS NOW LEFT AT THE GROSVENOR !!!!!

What a brill W/ENDER for anyone who has'nt attended,Dave and Donna always make you feel welcome see you all there.

Jonah & Rachel

Guest GazArcher

THE SOUL DOCTOR AND THE CALVO CREW WILL BE THERE AGAIN, ( THINK WE'VE ONLY MISSED THE 1ST ONE, ANY CHANCE OF A DISCOUNT FOR GOOD ATTENDANCE DAVE?)

TO ANYONE WHO'S THINKING ABOUT COMING DON'T!

THINK ABOUT IT I MEAN JUST DO IT ITS THE EVENT OF THE YEAR....SO GOOD THEY DO IT TWICE .

NEVER EVER HAD A BAD SKEG ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF THE WEEKEND, JUST SUFFER FOR A WEEK AFTER TRYING TO RECOVER.

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE YORKSHIRE LADS, Mr FOSTER & WIFE, JOCKY & JOY, SNOWY, AND THE CREW FROM ILKESTON.

HONESTLY, IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN GET DOWN TO THIS ONE ITS A FANTASTIC WEEKEND.

WELL DONE TO DAVE AND DONNA WHO PUT ON THIS SPLENDID EVENT FOR US

CAN'T WAIT

SEES YER SOON

• 2 weeks later...

THE SOUL DOCTOR AND THE CALVO CREW WILL BE THERE AGAIN, ( THINK WE'VE ONLY MISSED THE 1ST ONE, ANY CHANCE OF A DISCOUNT FOR GOOD ATTENDANCE DAVE?)

TO ANYONE WHO'S THINKING ABOUT COMING DON'T!

THINK ABOUT IT I MEAN JUST DO IT ITS THE EVENT OF THE YEAR....SO GOOD THEY DO IT TWICE .

NEVER EVER HAD A BAD SKEG ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF THE WEEKEND, JUST SUFFER FOR A WEEK AFTER TRYING TO RECOVER.

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE YORKSHIRE LADS, Mr FOSTER & WIFE, JOCKY & JOY, SNOWY, AND THE CREW FROM ILKESTON.

HONESTLY, IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN GET DOWN TO THIS ONE ITS A FANTASTIC WEEKEND.

WELL DONE TO DAVE AND DONNA WHO PUT ON THIS SPLENDID EVENT FOR US

CAN'T WAIT

SEES YER SOON

Hiya Gaz,

Only 3 weeks to go mate - Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the "SKEGGY" Faithful!! Sunshine, Soul & Bracing air !!!

VBW

Edited by Dave Raistrick
Guest GazArcher

Hiya Gaz,

Only 3 weeks to go mate - Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the "SKEGGY" Faithfull!! Sunshine, Soul & Bracing air !!!

VBW

THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES ON THE SOUL FAITHFUL, AND AS FOR THE BRACING AIR THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED TO HELP YOU SOBER UP! MUST SAY THOUGH IT TAKES LONGER AND LONGER AT EVERY EVENT MUST BE AN AGE THING NOTHING TO DO WITH THE AMOUNT TAKEN IN :thumbup:

THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES ON THE SOUL FAITHFUL, AND AS FOR THE BRACING AIR THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED TO HELP YOU SOBER UP! MUST SAY THOUGH IT TAKES LONGER AND LONGER AT EVERY EVENT MUST BE AN AGE THING NOTHING TO DO WITH THE AMOUNT TAKEN IN :lol:

gaz have you ever bought a round i was told that when you open your wallet the queen blinks lol by the way me and sue now going to keep you drunk lol :thumbup: bringing a long lost mate for you to cuddle on those long nights lamsey.gif

FRIDAY 7pm - 2am

SATURDAY 1pm - 5pm

SATURDAY 8pm - 2am

SUNDAY 12 NOON - 6pm

FULL WEEKEND PASS £24.00

ALSO EARLY SESSION FRIDAY IN THE VAULT 12 NOON TIL 4.00PM - COLLECTORS CHOICE AND DEALERS DISCS

Edited by Dave Raistrick

As you are aware David, Gail & I shall be attending everyone this year, just so I don't get confused & attend the wrong one, this is the warm up event for "Vaults of Soul" in June, for us anyway & I may even venture upstairs for other than a beer this year & do my impression of a headless chicken dancing on a Sunday afternoon, as witnessed by Neil "Nell" Goddard, who feared for my sanity & kidneys a couple of years ago. :lol:wacko.gif

Take care,be safe & Donna, "More red wine,please", you & Gail deserve it, :no:

Spot. :lol:

Edited by spot

As you are aware David, Gail & I shall be attending everyone this year, just so I don't get confused & attend the wrong one, this is the warm up event for "Vaults of Soul" in June, for us anyway & I may even venture upstairs for other than a beer this year & do my impression of a headless chicken dancing on a Sunday afternoon, as witnessed by Neil "Nell" Goddard, who feared for my sanity & kidneys a couple of years ago. :ohmy:wacko.gif

Take care,be safe & Donna, "More red wine,please", you & Gail deserve it, beer.gif

Spot,

Looking forward to seeing You, Gail and the rest of the Skeggy faithful in a couple of weeks !!!!!

Donna & Dave

Will see you there for sure. :wave: The giddy bus is reving up and we are on our secound hotel full of the Yorkshire crew. :( If anybody would like tickets still we have a few left and will have them at the Empress Rooms Mexborough on the Sunday 23rd March 2008 Where we have Mick H and Ian Gee on our pre Skeggy weekender warm up. :lol: See you tomoz. Yocky and Jx :lol:

FRIDAY 7pm - 2am

SATURDAY 1pm - 5pm

SATURDAY 8pm - 2am

SUNDAY 12 NOON - 6pm

FULL WEEKEND PASS £24.00

LAST FEW TICKETS AVAILABLE !

EARLY SESSION IN THE VAULT FRIDAY - 12.00 NOON - 4.00PM DEALERS DISCS & COLLECTORS CHOICE

FRIDAY 7pm - 2am

SATURDAY 1pm - 5pm

SATURDAY 8pm - 2am

SUNDAY 12 NOON - 6pm

FULL WEEKEND PASS £24.00

Guest GazArcher

One week to go and can't wait. Tickets bought, hotel booked.

This will be our first visit to Skeg and really looking forward to it.

See you all there.

Busybee (AKA Girldancer)!!!! :thumbsup:

YOU'LL LOVE IT, TRUST ME I'M A DOCTOR :no: (AKA SOUL DOCTOR, DRIVING BEAT SOUL CLUB SIXHILLS)

IF I DON'T GO ANYWHERE ELSE I'LL ALWAYS BE AT SKEG (BOTH EVENTS)

THIS TIME NEXT FRIDAY ME AND THE CALVO CREW WILL BE WELL AND TRULY ON IT