Manchester April 15/16

I'm going to be in Manchester over the weekend of April 15 and 16 - a quick look at the event guide here seems not to show anything happening that weekend. Anyone know of anything in Manc or surrounding area?

cheers

Kevin

• Replies 16
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm going to be in Manchester over the weekend of April 15 and 16 - a quick look at the event guide here seems not to show anything happening that weekend. Anyone know of anything in Manc or surrounding area?

cheers

Kevin

link

15th - North Manchester Soul Club @ Bury Town Hall, Bury - Neil Jones' excellent venue with a three room Soul night. Info northmanchestersc@hotmail.com

cheers

Kevin

link

Greatstone Hotel Stretford is monthly, and on this coming weeked see flyer below and the weekend you will be in Manchester

19th MARCH 2005

THE GREATSTONE SOUL CLUBTHE GREATSTONE SOUL CLUB PRESENTS

A NIGHT OF QUALITY 100% SOUL

MUSIC POLICY RARE, NORTHERN & CROSSOVER

Last month was a cracking night, and very busy, with people still dancing gone 2.30a.m.This month sees the arrival of one of our favourite visitors Ginger, who surprised a lot of people with his play list last time, and promises to do the same this month.So get there early and soak up the warm friendly atmosphere,superb sound system and great tunes.Regular DJs Tony, Mark, Paul & Budgie together with resident Stevie Z, will play some of the lesser known and some of the better known soul gems around.All for £4.00 including a buffet, what more do you want??.Hope to see you there.....Tony

The Greatstone Hotel RUNS-8.00 - 2.45a.m.

A56 Chester Rd

Stretford,Manchester.

(Two Mins from MUFC's Ground)

Further Info Contact:Tony 07973-809492 tjackson@hss.co.uk.

Future guests:Arthur Fenn,Mick H,Keith Money,Kenny Burrell,Soul Sam.MTBC

And ,if you get here a night early, there's also Cool off at the Mint Lounge every Thursday:

8pm to late free entry....Residents from Steve Cato, Paul Sadot, Little Richard and a few others (some of the Greatstone djs I think) . Plus previous guests have included Carl Willingham and Mark Bicknell. You'll hear some quality tunes down there :rolleyes:

Mint Lounge....Oldham Street,Manchester,opp Matt/Phreds jazz club....

INFO..steve cato...07752084878..email..stevecato64@yahoo.co.uk

cheers

Kevin

link

Hi Kev

We can show you a good time..Let us know what you are looking for..We are a happy bunch of folk with a love for soul...

Manchester rare/and not so rare soulies are always looking for new freinds..Beers on you sir....

Greatstone Hotel Stretford is monthly, and on this coming weeked see flyer below and the weekend you will be in Manchester

19th MARCH 2005

THE GREATSTONE SOUL CLUBTHE GREATSTONE SOUL CLUB PRESENTS

A NIGHT OF QUALITY 100% SOUL

MUSIC POLICY RARE, NORTHERN & CROSSOVER

Last month was a cracking night, and very busy, with people still dancing gone 2.30a.m.This month sees the arrival of one of our favourite visitors Ginger, who surprised a lot of people with his play list last time, and promises to do the same this month.So get there early and soak up the warm friendly atmosphere,superb sound system and great tunes.Regular DJs Tony, Mark, Paul & Budgie together with resident Stevie Z, will play some of the lesser known and some of the better known soul gems around.All for £4.00 including a buffet, what more do you want??.Hope to see you there.....Tony

The Greatstone Hotel RUNS-8.00 - 2.45a.m.

A56 Chester Rd

Stretford,Manchester.

(Two Mins from MUFC's Ground)

Further Info Contact:Tony 07973-809492 tjackson@hss.co.uk.

Future guests:Arthur Fenn,Mick H,Keith Money,Kenny Burrell,Soul Sam.MTBC

link

I've got to say that at the moment this is my favourite venue, musically superb !!.

see you all there tomorrow.............

John M

• 2 weeks later...

Dave. Sorry didnt have a flyer with me in work.

Keith Minshull

Bob Hinsley

Sam Moore

Steve Smith

Neil Jones

Gary Beattie

Steve Whittle

Carol McCarthy

Sid Jones

link

Can't amke the april nighter but what is the next date after that as I promised Mr Beattie I may shock him and turn up one night?

And ,if you get here a night early,  there's also Cool off at the Mint Lounge every Thursday:

8pm to late free entry....Residents from  Steve Cato, Paul Sadot, Little Richard and a few others (some of the Greatstone djs I think) . Plus previous guests have included Carl Willingham and Mark Bicknell.  You'll hear some quality tunes down there :D

Mint Lounge....Oldham Street,Manchester,opp Matt/Phreds jazz club....

INFO..steve cato...07752084878..email..stevecato64@yahoo.co.uk

link

In Manchester usually at least one thursday a month with work and get fed up of sitting in hotel on my own what style and is it ok place for female on own. (serious question so no silly remarks - please)

It never fails to amaze me this scene ,2 allighters the same night not too far away from each other ! we put our dates out a long time ago and did our best not to clash with anyone regardless of music policy - this fuckin' rubs me up the wrong way big time and we spoke about this didn't we sam !!!

In Manchester usually at least one thursday a month with work and get fed up of sitting in hotel on my own what style and is it ok place for female on own. (serious question so no silly remarks - please)

link

You'd be fine on your own. I usually go at least every other week and it's a nice atmosphere..(I'm female by the way..just in case you the name confused you..). If you're in town Pm me or Little Stevie (he's the promoter) and we'll save you a seat whistling.gif

You'd be fine on your own. I usually go at least every other week and it's a nice atmosphere..(I'm female by the way..just in case you the name confused you..). If you're in town Pm me or Little Stevie (he's the promoter) and we'll save you a seat whistling.gif

link

Just slated little stevie's post on the "How big is the northern Scene etc" so maybe I ought to buy him a drink and make up.

Would love to meet up with you both will be in M/chester either 14th or 21st this month - prbably 21st.