Sandra Wright Lp On Demon Uk

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Over the years seen wildly differing values for this UK only released LP. What would be the current market price ?

Also which tracks from the LP were most popular on UK dance floors?

:rolleyes:

link

Lp should cost between £50 - £100. 2 main tracks for me are "I'll come running back" and "Midnight Affair".

Jordi

Social source share

Guest dodger

Lp should cost between £50 - £100.  2 main tracks for me are "I'll come running back" and "Midnight Affair".

Jordi

link

I also think 'A Man Can't Be A Man (Without A Woman)' is extremely under-rated as well.
Social source share

Guest marco i

Lp should cost between £50 - £100.  2 main tracks for me are "I'll come running back" and "Midnight Affair".

Jordi

link

Is "I'll come running back" a LP only track or does it exist on 7"? Price?

Thanks, Marco

Social source share

I paid £ 60 about 18 months ago; in prime nick. Seen it for double that. The three tracks previously mentioned are all superb and the most playable.

link

I paid 4.99 out of FOPP as a new release! Not often I can say that about a 70's album being the youngster I am !!! thumbsup.gif

I had forgotten about the about track mentioned by Roger until buyin recent Grapevine cd and then thought bloody hell thats the best track on the album,

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Is "I'll come running back" a LP only track or does it exist on 7"? Price?

Thanks, Marco

link

Album only Marco :)

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

I also think 'A Man Can't Be A Man (Without A Woman)' is extremely under-rated as well.

link

I agree Dodge one that mysteriously get's overlooked even though Bob Hinsley's been playing it for years :)

Social source share

Over the years seen wildly differing values for this UK only released LP. What would be the current market price ?

Also which tracks from the LP were most popular on UK dance floors?

wink.gif

link

i remember buying it new for the track i'm not strong enough still the best track on the album, which in my is in my top 10 albums of all time, and just reading the album notes still now brings on such saddness to me, people should checkout in the basement no 32 for a excellent article about sandra by the well informed colin dilnot :)

Social source share

I paid 4.99 out of FOPP as a new release! Not often I can say that about a 70's album being the youngster I am !!! :)

I had forgotten about the about track mentioned by Roger until buyin recent Grapevine cd and then thought bloody hell thats the best track on the album,

Cheers

Jock

link

I'm probably wrong but I thought Demon was an 80's label.

Actually it is an 80's label.

I am right.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

I am right.

link

Yes you are right Pete the album is an unissued Truth (Stax) album from the 70's and the Demon issue was it's first release.

PS you'd hate it, it's great :)

Social source share

Guest dodger

I already hate it!  :D

link

:D Best thing is when people say they've got an original Stax copy when there wasn't one!! yes.gif Pete Haigh claiming to have an original seven of 'Roadblock' by Stock Aitken & Waterman always springs to mind!! :D:)wink.gif

Edited by dodger
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

wicked.gif Best thing is when people say they've got an original Stax copy when there wasn't one!!  :D   Pete Haigh claiming to have an original seven of 'Roadblock' by Stock Aitken & Waterman always springs to mind!!  :)   :D   laugh.gif

link

Now that's funny :Dlaugh.gif:D

Social source share

I am right.

link

Thats why I said I couldnt say that very often as I would have been too young to buy 70's things as new releases, my razor sharp wit is obviously wasted on here :)wicked.gif .

Fopp was also a shop only opened in the 80's to prove I am not just trying to get out of a fauz pas!! :D

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!