Dianne Steinnberg - Price Please

Epic

• Replies 13
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes I have seen the LP with it on stating that the single would set you back 800 quid.

Methinks that's a wee bit tooooooooooooooooooooo much.

Great choon though

link

Couldn't agree more, mate - "One More Time" is just classic Philly soul.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Philly Soul - Just Wonderful.

In my opinion it was the "Motown" of the 70s.

Pity the Northern scene has never really embraced it.

They only play the third rate stuff such as "Janice","Night To Remember" or the totally dreadful "Party Time Man".

Evidently white R&B from 1962 has more appeal than classy soul from the 1970s.

Social source share

Philly Soul - Just Wonderful.

In my opinion it was the "Motown" of the 70s.

Pity the Northern scene has never really embraced it.

They only play the third rate stuff such as "Janice","Night To Remember" or the totally dreadful "Party Time Man".

Evidently white R&B from 1962 has more appeal than classy soul from the 1970s.

link

I guess we should be grateful really, otherwise we'd end up paying hundred of pounds for Archie Bell, Harold Melvin, Jean Carn and Bunny Sigler tunes!!

Philly rules, ain't no doubt about that.

blush.gif

Social source share

Couldn't agree more. There was just so much good stuff issued on Philly and the more soulful end of Salsoul during the 70s and most of it just doesn't fetch big money but when was that ever a real benchmark of quality?

I have seen a bit of interest lately although, hopefully, this won't push other five pound sounds up to the same sort of excesses as Party Time Man.

For all that, isn't Dianne Steinburg just a bit dreary?

Social source share

Couldn't agree more. There was just so much good stuff issued on Philly and the more soulful end of Salsoul during the 70s and most of it just doesn't fetch big money but when was that ever a real benchmark of quality?

I have seen a bit of interest lately although, hopefully, this won't push other five pound sounds up to the same sort of excesses as Party Time Man.

For all that, isn't Dianne Steinburg just a bit dreary?

link

I can see why you may think that Steve, but I think it's a superb track. It's just classy Philly Soul IMHO. Mind you, if we all liked the same tuneage, life would be very dull indeed!

Have you got that Philly comp "Creme De La Creme" that came out on WSM a year or two back? Some lovely tunes on there - Major Harris' "Lovin' You Is Mellow" is a proper tune, almost in a two-stepper kinda way (as us London folk would say!!).

:rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

It's pretty weak in my opinion, but sounds great when stood next to the dire "Party time man"...surely the WORST thing the Futures ever did?

link

Couldn't agree more Steve vastly over rated weak dreary and twaddle to my ears i expect Smithy may even like this soul less tosh. Ian Levine raved about it a couple of years back and i was desperate to hear it, sadly i eventually did :rolleyes:

Trouty

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Im a bit partial to this track meeself, but my better half says it sounds like Barbara Streisand. Ever since since then I' ve been pressing the skip button when it comes on.

:rolleyes: I'm so easily lead

Jim.

link

Jim your missus was right mate that is exactly what it sounds like. Without wishing to sound racist in any way she actually sounds like your archetypachal Jewish Princess having a go at doing a bit of lounge musak IMVFHO :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!