Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Guest geordiebri

Curtis-how Can I Tell Her -charm City 12"

Guest geordiebri

Hello, I know there are plenty of sevens kicking around, but how much would the 12" of Curtis-how can i tell her on Charm City cost me?

Cheers,

GeordieBri

Hello, I know there are plenty of sevens kicking around, but how much would the 12" of Curtis-how can i tell her on Charm City cost me?

Cheers,

GeordieBri

link

thats one I havent heard for a while!

Cheers,

GeordieBri

link

You gotta find one first - VERY tough on 12". Price wise ??? Lots of 12" collectors hunting that one down - alongside King Tutt - You Got Me Hung Up on 12".

Cheers Girth

you'd get an easy £400 for this on e.bay lots of twelves selling for money now, i had a boogie tune on e.bay the other day clyde alexander- got to get your love on heavenly star with a sticker over the label name and got £310, this is rarer

back in the 80s charm city had a small ad in blackbeat magazine offering the curtis 12" for $6 inclusive of postage, i bought one the postage was $4.44! bargain :thumbsup:

you'd get an easy £400 for this on e.bay lots of twelves selling for money now, i had a boogie tune on e.bay the other day clyde alexander- got to get your love on heavenly star with a sticker over the label name and got £310, this is rarer

back in the 80s charm city had a small ad in blackbeat magazine offering the curtis 12" for $6 inclusive of postage, i bought one the postage was $4.44! bargain  :lol:

link

£400 :thumbsup: There must be loads about :wicked: Mind you since when has the rarity ever had owt to do with the value :wicked:

£400? That's worth risking life and limb and getting it down from the shelf!

Anybody throw any light on the 4:30 version coming out on 7"?

link

IIRC, the 7" version even at 4.30 was actually the short version- the 12" was about 7 minutes or so.

One thing many forget tho' is that in general, 12"ers were never meant to be played all the way through - they were meant for mix wizards to do their stuff with.

Just think, somewhere in New York or LA at some point , people were probably dancing to Curtis one minute and Anita Ward "Ring My Bell" the next, not realising the change point :thumbsup:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts