Curtis-how Can I Tell Her -charm City 12"

Guest geordiebri

Guest geordiebri

Hello, I know there are plenty of sevens kicking around, but how much would the 12" of Curtis-how can i tell her on Charm City cost me?

Cheers,

GeordieBri

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 8
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hello, I know there are plenty of sevens kicking around, but how much would the 12" of Curtis-how can i tell her on Charm City cost me?

Cheers,

GeordieBri

link

thats one I havent heard for a while!

Social source share

Cheers,

GeordieBri

link

You gotta find one first - VERY tough on 12". Price wise ??? Lots of 12" collectors hunting that one down - alongside King Tutt - You Got Me Hung Up on 12".

Cheers Girth

Social source share

you'd get an easy £400 for this on e.bay lots of twelves selling for money now, i had a boogie tune on e.bay the other day clyde alexander- got to get your love on heavenly star with a sticker over the label name and got £310, this is rarer

back in the 80s charm city had a small ad in blackbeat magazine offering the curtis 12" for $6 inclusive of postage, i bought one the postage was $4.44! bargain :thumbsup:

Social source share

you'd get an easy £400 for this on e.bay lots of twelves selling for money now, i had a boogie tune on e.bay the other day clyde alexander- got to get your love on heavenly star with a sticker over the label name and got £310, this is rarer

back in the 80s charm city had a small ad in blackbeat magazine offering the curtis 12" for $6 inclusive of postage, i bought one the postage was $4.44! bargain  :lol:

link

£400 :thumbsup: There must be loads about :wicked: Mind you since when has the rarity ever had owt to do with the value :wicked:

Social source share

£400? That's worth risking life and limb and getting it down from the shelf!

Anybody throw any light on the 4:30 version coming out on 7"?

link

IIRC, the 7" version even at 4.30 was actually the short version- the 12" was about 7 minutes or so.

One thing many forget tho' is that in general, 12"ers were never meant to be played all the way through - they were meant for mix wizards to do their stuff with.

Just think, somewhere in New York or LA at some point , people were probably dancing to Curtis one minute and Anita Ward "Ring My Bell" the next, not realising the change point :thumbsup:

Social source share