The Ideals Mighty Lover

Guest Duncan3k

• Replies 24
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

the plum lable has been selling up to £150 not sure on the orange lable fantastic record blush.gif

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Social source share

the plum lable has been selling up to £150 not sure on the orange lable fantastic record  blush.gif  

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

link

Orange or yellow, whatever colour used to describe it is a bit rarer if remember rightly.

Social source share

Orange or yellow, whatever colour used to describe it is a bit rarer if remember rightly.

link

yeah never seen one myself tho would be nice to own the yellow/orange but a plum will do for now

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Plum one is the Detroit release, yellow chicago release.........No doubt some chinstroker will say otherwise........ biggrin.gif

link

Edited by Jamie
Social source share

Plum one is the Detroit release, yellow chicago release.........No doubt some chinstroker will say otherwise........ biggrin.gif

link

interesting to know well bugger me you can learn somthing every day

Social source share

Plum one is the Detroit release, yellow chicago release.........No doubt some chinstroker will say otherwise........ smile.gif

link

Don't think I am a chinstroker, but I think you are wrong, it is the other way around. The most common release is the styrene purple label (or plum if you like) Ideals on Boo-Ga-Loo. The Ideals also exist on a purple label demo vinyl pressing, which I have only seen a few times. I have never seen or heard of a yellow label release of the Ideals. The first and original (I think) release of the song "Mighty Lover" was credited to the Mighty Lovers, not the Ideals, on Boo-Ga-Loo, this is a vinyl pressing from the Archer plant (Detroit) and the label is yellow. Is this the yellow label you are on about? Never seen or heard of any orange label? Are you confusing it with the Detroit Executives that came out on green and orange labels? The song was later issued and credited to the Ideals for some reason (exactly the same recording) on Boo-Ga-Loo, I don't have one to hand but I seem to recall that was a ZTSC pressing, i.e. a pressing from Columbia's Chicago plant. I am having some PC trouble at the moment, but when I have fixed it I can supply a scan of the Mighty Lovers (yellow label, from Detroit...) if someone is bothered? I traded a spare copy of the Mighty Lovers (yellow) to someone at Prestatyn this year. The Mighty Lovers release is rarer than the Ideals one and should be more desirable since it is the first release, it looks better, and it is a quality vinyl pressing. I could be wrong about which version came first, but yellow is Detroit and plum Chicago.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Butch played the Mighty Lovers "Mighty Lover" at Prestatyn so maybe it is in for a 'revival'? smile.gif I recall it was played a lot maybe 5 years ago or so. Brilliant record anyway.

Social source share

Butch played the Mighty Lovers "Mighty Lover" at Prestatyn so maybe it is in for a 'revival'? :thumbsup:   I recall it was played a lot maybe 5 years ago or so. Brilliant record anyway.

link

ive been spinning this since i got my copy middle of last year he also played the commands and i usually play these back to back they just seam to gel together

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!