Blue Skies 11th January - London Bridge

Rbman

DimWit Promotions are pleased to present at the Horseshoe Inn, 26 Melior Street London SE1 3QP a Blue Skies "That Friday Feeling".

The first one held in November went down well with soulies and locals alike. The DJs play lists included plenty of 60s classics mixed with some rarer stuff to try and keep the varied crowd happy.

Entrance is free and the music starts at 6pm so no need to go home after work.

DJs are:

The Queen of Mamsey Pamsey, Chrissie,

Paul MaKay

Toby

Steve Guarnori

Geoff Green

and Rbman

Edited by Rbman
  • Replies 67
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

DimWit Promotions are pleased to present at the Horseshoe Inn, 26 Melior Street London SE1 3QP a Blue Skies "That Friday Feeling".

The first one held in November went down well with soulies and locals alike. The DJs play lists included plenty of 60s classics mixed with some rarer stuff to try and keep the varied crowd happy.

DJs are:

Paul MaKay

Toby

Steve Guarnori

Rbman

You never know, I may play some of that bloke type stuff as well :rolleyes:

QoFxx

Guest outonthefloor

We'll be there Martin

Wouldn't miss it

really gets u in the mood for the weekend

I'll remember to bring me carpet slippers this time xxlolxx

Looking forward to seeing you n Pete n the rest of the guys.

on the 11th if not before.

Go along if you're in town, itsa great little soul experience,

Love you both.

Helen

XXXX

will u be boogalooing on the 5th?

We'll be there Martin

Wouldn't miss it

really gets u in the mood for the weekend

I'll remember to bring me carpet slippers this time xxlolxx

Looking forward to seeing you n Pete n the rest of the guys.

on the 11th if not before.

Go along if you're in town, itsa great little soul experience,

Love you both.

Helen

XXXX

will u be boogalooing on the 5th?

Hello Helen,

Thanks for the kind words...glad you enjoyed the last one.

Not sure about 5th Jan yet.

Happy New Year.

Mxx

Nice one Martin,same deal as last time all the free beer we can drink,£200 out of petty cash for the fee (only messing about the fee)..

Looking foward to it playing alongside the master himself Steve G not forgettinf Mr Paul McKay,got some great records has Paul,also the mamsy pamsey girlie girlie spinner Chrissie(o)..look out for the soiled pants this time Chrissie(o) from Kev...,

Best i go and sort me new box out then another xmas pressie from Mandy,I've got a few nice tidy bits new to play for you all,along with the other crap i carry around(joking) ohmy.gif .

If any of you out there did not get to the last one ,it's great,nice friendly atmosphere,knowledgable soul people,with outstanding records played on the night,not forgetting the barstaff that are slightly underdressed..

Nice one Martin,same deal as last time all the free beer we can drink,£200 out of petty cash for the fee (only messing about the fee)..

Looking foward to it playing alongside the master himself Steve G not forgettinf Mr Paul McKay,got some great records has Paul,also the mamsy pamsey girlie girlie spinner Chrissie(o)..look out for the soiled pants this time Chrissie(o) from Kev...,

Best i go and sort me new box out then another xmas pressie from Mandy,I've got a few nice tidy bits new to play for you all,along with the other crap i carry around(joking) ohmy.gif .

If any of you out there did not get to the last one ,it's great,nice friendly atmosphere,knowledgable soul people,with outstanding records played on the night,not forgetting the barstaff that are slightly underdressed..

Had a great time last time, as if gracing the decks with Steve G, yourself, Rbman and Dave wasn't enough I now get Paul McKay (not literally of course) as well this time......................... another of my very best-est DJ favs...............and free beer all night, what more could a girl ask for :ohmy:

I will make sure I am ready for Kev throwing his underpants at me this time...........and they were clean and neatly ironed probably by Philamena and you never know I may just liven the Mamsey Pamsey up a bit this time and as I said earlier, throw a few of those bloke toons in as well for you chaps :D

Have got a very special record for Mr Bennett I think he's going to like it.............and before he starts trying to guess it, Pete, I am sure you wont of heard it before.

Got to take things a bit easy though as I have a 60th to go to on the sat night :D

QoFxx

PS Mr Bennett can you make sure my usual suite is ready for me thumbsup.gif

Edited by chrissie
Guest Pete Bennett

Had a great time last time, as if gracing the decks with Steve G, yourself, Rbman and Dave wasn't enough I now get Paul McKay (not literally of course) as well this time......................... another of my very best-est DJ favs...............and free beer all night, what more could a girl ask for :lol:

I will make sure I am ready for Kev throwing his underpants at me this time...........and they were clean and neatly ironed probably by Philamena and you never know I may just liven the Mamsey Pamsey up a bit this time and as I said earlier, throw a few of those bloke toons in as well for you chaps :lol:

Have got a very special record for Mr Bennett I think he's going to like it.............and before he starts trying to guess it, Pete, I am sure you wont of heard it before.

Got to take things a bit easy though as I have a 60th to go to on the sat night :D

QoFxx

PS Mr Bennett can you make sure my usual suite is ready for me thumbsup.gif

Your suite will indeed be ready my dear.

I think I know what it is. It is "Whole lotta love" by Led Zep isn't it? :thumbup:

W ME and Marrin are making a guest appearance at the Horshoe tonight.

Oh Helen, like Martin said thanks for your kind words. I am pretty certain I will be at Boogaloo on Sat. See you there?

xxx

Your suite will indeed be ready my dear.

I think I know what it is. It is "Whole lotta love" by Led Zep isn't it? unsure.gif

W ME and Marrin are making a guest appearance at the Horshoe tonight.

Oh Helen, like Martin said thanks for your kind words. I am pretty certain I will be at Boogaloo on Sat. See you there?

xxx

Why thank you kind sir. Have a great night tonight and say hi to Nikki etc for me. Me thinks it may be a right old time in there tonight and if I didn't have a long standing arangement I would of joined you.

How are the plans for the dance floor coming along?

QoFxx

Guest Pete Bennett

Why thank you kind sir. Have a great night tonight and say hi to Nikki etc for me. Me thinks it may be a right old time in there tonight and if I didn't have a long standing arangement I would of joined you.

How are the plans for the dance floor coming along?

QoFxx

Plans for dance floor coming along OK. I will be examining the floor at Boogaloo on Saturday to see whether or not we might be able to transfer any of it. I have good mates in Liverpool who are world famous because they nicked a cobbled street. A wooden dance floor wil be no problem!! :thumbsup:

Guest Bearsy

Plans for dance floor coming along OK. I will be examining the floor at Boogaloo on Saturday to see whether or not we might be able to transfer any of it. I have good mates in Liverpool who are world famous because they nicked a cobbled street. A wooden dance floor wil be no problem!! :thumbsup:

the local church has a fantastic floor Pete so give me a shout if you need one as im there collecting lead off the roof tonight :lol:

I shall be making my way up again to this quality little get together without the missus this time i hope oops i mean i think as we might have trouble getting a babysitter, they cost more to put off than they do to hire :lol:

one thing is for sure and thats with this line up with no pressure to get people to dance the quality of tunes will no doubt again be in abundance and a sight for sore ears :thumbup:

the local church has a fantastic floor Pete so give me a shout if you need one as im there collecting lead off the roof tonight :thumbsup:

I shall be making my way up again to this quality little get together without the missus this time i hope oops i mean i think as we might have trouble getting a babysitter, they cost more to put off than they do to hire :yes:

one thing is for sure and thats with this line up with no pressure to get people to dance the quality of tunes will no doubt again be in abundance and a sight for sore ears :unsure:

you bet!

the local church has a fantastic floor Pete so give me a shout if you need one as im there collecting lead off the roof tonight :thumbup:

I shall be making my way up again to this quality little get together without the missus this time i hope oops i mean i think as we might have trouble getting a babysitter, they cost more to put off than they do to hire :unsure:

one thing is for sure and thats with this line up with no pressure to get people to dance the quality of tunes will no doubt again be in abundance and a sight for sore ears :thumbsup:

It will be good to see you, shame Jo won't be able to join us. Think will be a great warm up for the Birthday bash on the 18th biggrin.gif

QoFxx

one thing is for sure and thats with this line up with no pressure to get people to dance the quality of tunes will no doubt again be in abundance and a sight for sore ears thumbsup.gif

Just been to do what us girlies do best, SHOP!!! Popped into funkyfeet records to pick up a couple of records I had ordered and came out with 5 :( ................... "oh these old things, had them for ages" isn't that how it goes :yes:

QoFxx

DJs are:

Paul MaKay

Toby

Steve Guarnori

Rbman

Me and the wife went to the last one on our weekend trip from the midlands to London and what a great night we had too.

Great pub ( great food ) and very friendly people, next time we come down we will make sure it's on the same weekend as this soul night.

All the best

and a happy new year

ripper

Guest Bearsy

Play box finally sorted, amazing what you can do when SS is off line, all I can say now is.............Bring it on :lamsey:

QoFxx

looking forward to stroking my chin Chrissie :yes::thumbsup:

Guest Bearsy

No chin stroking wih my play box......all played out oldies :lamsey:only joking may just ge you scratching tha bald head of yous once or twice :yes:

QoFxx

PS this V&C soaked key board is doig my hed in

either that or my arse :thumbsup: looking forward to this now as im not out Saturday as im trying to save my energy for next week biggrin.gif

Guest Bernadette

either that or my arse :thumbsup: looking forward to this now as im not out Saturday as im trying to save my energy for next week biggrin.gif

well you do have 2 hands :yes: really looking forward this :lamsey:

Guest outonthefloor

well you do have 2 hands :thumbsup: really looking forward this :lamsey:

Hey Bernadette

He needs two hands to stroke both his chins!! :yes:laugh.gif

Great to meet u again at boogaloo

Are u joining us fri nite?

Helen

XXXX

Guest Bearsy

Hey Bernadette

He needs two hands to stroke both his chins!! :lamsey::thumbsup:

Helen

XXXX

As you both said Ladies, yes i have 2 hands and you will get one each accross you bottoms if you dont start behaving :yes:

Guest Bernadette

Hey Bernadette

He needs two hands to stroke both his chins!! :lamsey::thumbsup:

Helen

XXXX

:yes:biggrin.gif:lol: great to meet you too...really enjoyed boogaloo...and will be there on Friday x

Guest Bernadette

As you both said Ladies, yes i have 2 hands and you will get one each accross you bottoms if you dont start behaving :yes:

your hands ain't big enough mate :lamsey::thumbsup:

The buzz on this is really good now.

Just waiting for Martin to get off of the toilet and tell us the DJ times - seriously though, hope you are feeling better Martin.

Thanks for kind wishes Steve.

I had dry toast and clear soup last night as I was so hungry and so far no unpleasant reactions. Hope to be there tomorrow night.

Pete sorts the DJ times so I'll ask him to work on that and post details.

M

I had dry toast and clear soup last night as I was so hungry and so far no unpleasant reactions. Hope to be there tomorrow night.

M

Sounds like you are on the mend................good to hear it. See ya morrow night :lol:

QoFxx

DJ times look like this...

early doors to 6.30 Me playing club classics from Motown Atlantic Stax etc

6.30 to 7.15 Geoff Green (lots for new stuff he tells me from the 70s :unsure: )

7.15 to 8.00 Chrissie with her mamsey pamsey set

8.00 to 8.45 Toby (loads more new rare stuff to kiss our ears I hope)

8.45 to 9.30 Paul McKay (never a duff set from this man - and a big Uk release collection)

9.30 to 11.00 Steve Guarnori (given the main man an hour and a half set)

11.00 to 11.30 Toby

11.30 to midnight Paul McKay

If you want anymore after that I may chase you away with some raw Rhythm and Blues from the 50s and 60s.

Edited by Rbman
Guest Pete Bennett

DJ times look like this...

early doors to 6.30 Me playing club classics from Motown Atlantic Stax etc

6.30 to 7.15 Geoff Green (lots for new stuff he tells me from the 70s :huh: )

7.15 to 8.00 Chrissie with her mamsey pamsey set

8.00 to 8.45 Toby (loads more new rare stuff to kiss our ears I hope)

8.45 to 9.30 Paul McKay (never a duff set from this man - and a big Uk release collection)

9.30 to 11.00 Steve Guarnori (given the main man an hour and a half set)

11.00 to 11.30 Toby

11.30 to midnight Paul McKay

If you want anymore after that I may chase you away with some raw Rhythm and Blues from the 50s and 60s.

Wow I managed to do that without moving my lips. :huh: And couldn't have done any better anyway. Cheers Dim. Don't forget the 'T' shirts, they could become more sort after than original Torch badges.

Also just want to say thanks for the kind comments from Mr Ripper. Hope to see you again soon. While I am thinking about his comments I have to tell you that the food is even better now.

And finally bril night at Boogaloo! See you all Friday I hope. :unsure:

Guest Andy Kempster

hope you boys and girls have a corker tomorrow night,

cant make it as i am doing the part time dad bit this week

will definitely see you all at the big birthday bash next

do try and behave yourselves (i'm sure you will :unsure: )

all the best

andy

M

Glad u r on the mend old bean....I am still going to ensure I don't drink out of your beer glass though just in case :unsure:

I'd also recommend u stay off the Guinness for a few more days yet :huh: .

Guest Bernadette

Glad u r on the mend old bean....I am still going to ensure I don't drink out of your beer glass though just in case laugh.gif

I'd also recommend u stay off the Guinness for a few more days yet :wub: .

don't be silly Steve...alcohol is the cure for everything :ohmy::thumbsup::thumbsup:

don't be silly Steve...alcohol is the cure for everything :ohmy:beer.gif:thumbsup:

He is just being a man, ignore him, us girlies know if you are ailing the best thing to do is get pissed and only sober up when your better, that way you never notice you've been ill :wub: Well it works for me :thumbsup:

What time are you getting there Bernadette?

QoFxx

Guest Bernadette

He is just being a man, ignore him, us girlies know if you are ailing the best thing to do is get pissed and only sober up when your better, that way you never notice you've been ill :thumbsup: Well it works for me :thumbsup:

What time are you getting there Bernadette?

QoFxx

early I hope - don't want to miss anything including your Mamsy Pamsy set wink.gif

Wow I managed to do that without moving my lips. :thumbsup: And couldn't have done any better anyway. Cheers Dim. Don't forget the 'T' shirts, they could become more sort after than original Torch badges.

Also just want to say thanks for the kind comments from Mr Ripper. Hope to see you again soon. While I am thinking about his comments I have to tell you that the food is even better now.

And finally bril night at Boogaloo! See you all Friday I hope. :thumbsup:

Hi Chaps...I'm down again this month, so lookiung forward to it. See you Friday night!!!!

Hi Chaps...I'm down again this month, so lookiung forward to it. See you Friday night!!!!

Will be great to see you Mac.

I know Dave Greenhill is coming so if Martin Thomson can make it the Four Tops will be in the same room again. We must organise a SITC reunion evening under the Blue Skies banner and invite you all to DJ together again...I'm sure Martin hasn't sold all his big tunes...has he?

Guest soulmanherts

well i be coming too (ohh know i hear you all say) and i bring my son along too (now he is 18) he can buy me a beer or two, so i hope you will all make him feel welcome. so toby be nice too him..lol...see you all tomorrow...rob

well i be coming too (ohh know i hear you all say) and i bring my son along too (now he is 18) he can buy me a beer or two, so i hope you will all make him feel welcome. so toby be nice too him..lol...see you all tomorrow...rob

Rob i'm always nice to people you know that,you'll love it at this great place,nice friendly soul people,good beer and fantastic records played.

Toby

Guest Pete Bennett

Believe me Rob just cos he's 18 doesn't mean he will be buying you beer. My 21 year old is coming as well so maybe we should keep them apart so that your son doesn't find out how the trick works where he buys the beer but uses your money. When I suggest it is "pay back time" to my son he sends me out to sit in the car with a packet of crisps and a bottle of pop :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing you.