New 6 Pac Sessions In Sounds Section

Mike

Thanks to all members who took time and effort in passing on all the various new 6 pac sound sessions on site, 22 (at one time) have been added over the last couple of days, and found them most enjoyable.

On stuff like this, think it always a good thing if after listening members can post any feedback, thoughts and so on.

Each session has a comments section, which works the same as forum and members can also give each sample a rating

Couple of points that may improve stuff?

If throwing up ought reckon it helps make it more interesting if try and give a bit of info to each 6 pac - actual listings of tracks should always be added imo

plus if got any trivia, background, stories , top info, stories sure will always be appreciated by all.

Even if a quick word on why you choose that track. Or a lengthy 25 year story how you spent best years of your life searching for it , all add to it

Idea being in these days of 1001 sound alike soul radio stations, sterile sites offering 1000s of tracks, six tracks with no info or listing or connection may no matter how earth moving they are may get lost in the flood so a bit of background and feedback lifts them up

so ask

if listen - take time to do feedback

if throw up ought

add a bit of info, background and so on

as said thanks to all, some great listening so far

mike

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...y&cmd=sc&cat=66

for hours of fun

ps all posts can be edited both content and notes, if do remove, or have probs - ask let us know so can assist, as nought worse imo than clicking on dead links and may put people off others

Edited by mike-
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Dear Mike, I have been back into all my 6 pacs and have done reviews and comments about all of the records (except the northern ones which everyone knows about) but hopefully people may learn a fact or two about ska and rocksteady if they want to.

I hope I will be getting a gold star for this homework biggrin.gif

Social source share

Dear Mike, I have been back into all my 6 pacs and have done reviews and comments about all of the records (except the northern ones which everyone knows about) but  hopefully people may learn a fact or two about ska and rocksteady if they want to.

I hope I will be getting a gold star for this homework  :lol:

link

nice notes!

dunno if just me, but am a sucker for stuff like

".... reason that the ska suddenly slowed down and became the more laid back rocksteady was apparently because Jamaica had it's hottest summer for decades in 1966 and the dancers simply could not keep up with the fast rhythm...."

and all rest of triv and background, keeps your eyes busy as well as ears biggrin.gif

cant find the gold star stickers so ...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!