Pete S

• Replies 77
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I think we're being a bit unfair here.

I didn't actually hear what Jazzy B said in the documentary so I can't comment but I guess he got the gong for the international success he had in the late 80's - not many UK black acts conquer the world the way Soul 11 Soul did. Their influence was huge - especially in the U.S.

Plus he made some great records in the process.

Dunno what's wrong with that......

Ian D

Social source share

JB's comments on Soul Britania were out of order and in my mind an example of reverse racism and just some poor semi famous DJ being a little bit envoius that he himself wasn't involved in breaking much of the "black" music on to the scene and as he is balck he somehow feels it was his god given right to be part of it, just think we could of all ended up listening to the sort of disco music he likes :lol: .

WTF are you on, he didnt introduce what, are you saying he is nobody as he didnt introduce anything to the Northern scene? You are unbelievably pig ignorant sometimes, I dont particularly like the man, and definitely dont think he deserves a gong, but I think he has done a lot more for Black music than most/many on the Northern scene, find out a little about the history of the man before you spout your mouth off. Do you know anything about his Sound System or the impact he had on the US scene for British black music, no thought not. As said before yes give your opinions but try and base some on even a remote bit of fact FFS can't you.

I think his comments while misguided and more than a little ignorant do not really define this man, he is a little more than that.

You are one of the most unbelievable posters on here, by a very long way.

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

I think we're being a bit unfair here.

I didn't actually hear what Jazzy B said in the documentary so I can't comment but I guess he got the gong for the international success he had in the late 80's - not many UK black acts conquer the world the way Soul 11 Soul did. Their influence was huge - especially in the U.S.

Plus he made some great records in the process.

Dunno what's wrong with that......

Ian D

i'd go along with that , HUGE when i was growing up in the late 80's ...

Social source share

WTF are you on, he didnt introduce what, are you saying he is nobody as he didnt introduce anything to the Northern scene? You are unbelievably pig ignorant sometimes, I dont particularly like the man, and definitely dont think he deserves a gong, but I think he has done a lot more for Black music than most/many on the Northern scene, find out a little about the history of the man before you spout your mouth off. Do you know anything about his Sound System or the impact he had on the US scene for British black music, no thought not. As said before yes give your opinions but try and base some on even a remote bit of fact FFS can't you.

I think his comments while misguided and more than a little ignorant do not really define this man, he is a little more than that.

Maybe I should of added "In my opinion" which all it is and as this is an open discussion forum I would think I have to right to my opinion on whatever topic I choose even if I don't have the same opinions as yourself.

At least I do not fly off personal insults at people even when I disagree with there opinions, I just say it how I see it on the topic up for discussion even if I am not obviously as knowledgable as yourself. Maybe you think people should only have opinions when they have a masters degree in any given subject.

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
Social source share

QUOTE (jocko @ Dec 30 07, 12:01 AM) post_snapback.gifWTF are you on, he didnt introduce what, are you saying he is nobody as he didnt introduce anything to the Northern scene? You are unbelievably pig ignorant sometimes, I dont particularly like the man, and definitely dont think he deserves a gong, but I think he has done a lot more for Black music than most/many on the Northern scene, find out a little about the history of the man before you spout your mouth off. Do you know anything about his Sound System or the impact he had on the US scene for British black music, no thought not. As said before yes give your opinions but try and base some on even a remote bit of fact FFS can't you.

Maybe I should of added "In my opinion" which all it is and as this is an open discussion forum I would think I have to right to my opinion on whatever topic I choose even if I don't have the same opinions as yourself.

At least I do not fly off personal insults at people even when I disagree with there opinions, I just say it how I see it on the topic up for discussion even if I am not obviously as knowledgable as yourself. Maybe you think people should only have opinions when they have a masters degree in any given subject.

QoFxx

:lol: It's amazing what is ok for some to say & not others isn't it Chrissie .

Frankly i think you are the one showing yourself to be 'Pig ignorant' Jocko in talking to a girl like that !!

How about reaching for the 'Night Nurse' next time you get the flu as opposed to a double dose of Vitrol !!!!

Goodnight !

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

Obviously not for services to Northern Soul documentaries...

I hate the NY Honours list's, I heard on the radio that Kylie Minouge got one and the person being interviewed said "She worked hard and beat a major illness" sorry to be cynical but millions of everyday people work damn hard and a some of them will or have beat major ilnesses.

Lets appreciate the real people of this country'

Edited by philb
Social source share

I hate the NY Honours list's, I heard on the radio that Kylie Minouge got one and the person being inteviewed said "She worked hard and beat a major illness" sorry to be cynical but millions of everyday people work damn hard and a some of them will or have beat major ilnesses.

I can see where you are coming from on the Kylie thing, but as someone who fought through major cancer surgery 11 years ago and thankfully got through it and so have other people I know but I suppose their thinking behind Kylie's honour is that because she is such a liked public figure it will give other people inspiration to fight on against it and realise that it is not necessarily the end of your life.

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
Social source share

I hate the NY Honours list's, I heard on the radio that Kylie Minouge got one and the person being inteviewed said "She worked hard and beat a major illness" sorry to be cynical but millions of everyday people work damn hard and a some of them will or have beat major ilnesses.

:D Wot, like Jazzy B ?? :D

Understand where you are coming from really Phil :D But on the positive side i think highlighting people like her does a good thing in giving everyday people who are struck down by cancer the will to fight it , i.e Kylie can do it & so can i .

Certainly a more deserved recipient than Jazzy B imo.

blush.gif Sorry Chrissie, hadn't read your post properly :lol:

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

JB's comments on Soul Britania were out of order and in my mind an example of reverse racism and just some poor semi famous DJ being a little bit envoius that he himself wasn't involved in breaking much of the "black" music on to the scene and as he is balck he somehow feels it was his god given right to be part of it, just think we could of all ended up listening to the sort of disco music he likes :lol: .

biggrin.gif - By God, that is a blinder!

How dare he listen to something he finds culturally relevant!!??

That kind of blinkered statement could be interprated as something else - small mindeness maybe, fishing for positive post re-inforcement possibly or something else!?

You must remember also that old Jazzie's name will be in the history books, again for a reason, that reason being he has been soooo relevant in the shaping of black music, not only over here, but worldwide 'love' (condescing non PC term I know, but in your case I'll take my misogynism on the chin)

Cheeky bast*rd ay Chrissie.

He's taken no interest and passed no judgement on your likes, you know why? Cos he isn't a negative ignoramus.

And if the board mods tell me off for being 'mean spirited', I hope that Chrissie gets a PM up the backside for coming across as a bloody short sighted muscal Nazi.

There's jumping in and bombing off the top board love - do yourself a favour and stick to the paddling pool for a while.

Social source share

Obviously not for services to Northern Soul documentaries...

My thoughts on Jazzie B, can't really stand the bloke from what i've heard on the TV, appears to be fairly full of himself etc.

On the plus side he's made a few good tunes & promoted Black music to a wider audience etc.

Should he be given a gong, no!

Solution: Ban all gongs & bang the Royal Family up in the Tower of London!

BTW Does JB realise the person who gave him the gong has a racist husband?

Social source share

I would take the afront to the 'avatar thing' serious, if I deemed it worthy of a serious reply.

With my above entry, I have seemingly negated the reasoning behind same above pointless post and become party to what I hate most on boards such as this.

Pointless posts.

Please ignore it.

(Don't worry, I'm off to bed in a mo')

Social source share

Patronism for breakfast with your cornflakes was it "dear"

QoFxx

My faux pars are well thought out, generally fairly well informed, ironic and aimed purely at getting a giggle Chrissie.

Yours on the other hand have sorrily been learned over time, read poorly (for others view of you) and do you no favours.

I'm only trying to help by pointing these little foibles of yours out love, honest.

Anyway that drink we had planned next week!

I think it's best we give it a miss, we just don't seem to get on.

Social source share

My faux pars are well thought out, generally fairly well informed, ironic and aimed purely at getting a giggle Chrissie.

Yours on the other hand have sorrily been learned over time, read poorly (for others view of you) and do you no favours.

I'm only trying to help by pointing these little foibles of yours out love, honest.

Anyway that drink we had planned next week!

I think it's best we give it a miss, we just don't seem to get on.

Well I thank you for being my Saviour but I have managed the last 50 years without you and hey guess what I'm still here. I would love to know who these people who "think poorly" of me are..............well apart from you and joko of course :lol:

And I am washing my hair, painting my nails, cleaning, cooking etc and all the things us little girlies should stick to next week so wouldn't possibly have time for a drink.

And I still think JB is an irritating numpty...........so your argument hasn't worked on me, so best you enroll in debating classes along with the charm classes you so obviously are working very hard at.

QoFxx

Social source share

Well I thank you for being my Saviour but I have managed the last 50 years without you and hey guess what I'm still here. I would love to know who these people who "think poorly" of me are..............well apart from you and joko of course :D

And I am washing my hair, painting my nails, cleaning, cooking etc and all the things us little girlies should stick to next week so wouldn't possibly have time for a drink.

And I still think JB is an irritating numpty...........so your argument hasn't worked on me, so best you enroll in debating classes along with the charm classes you so obviously are working very hard at.

QoFxx

:lol: ............ laugh.gif

Social source share

QoFxx

Saying his music is disco is an opinion, a simplistic, misguided, and ridiculously naive opinion in my opinion, but yes one I will defend your right to say anywhere.

Calling him a racist because..... and you have not explained the cause, is not an opinion, its possibly slanderous/libelous, and its definitely a pig ignorant view, something I would repeat to boy and girl, and is quite unbelievable, I do not agree you have the right to express this without any evidence. I repeat, what do you know about him other than his 2 minutes of fame on a NS documentary. Just google him and you wiill immediately become less ignorant. I also repeat I do not agree with his award (I am with Simon on they should all be banned) but do not think we should be able to throw disgusting insults at him just because he doesn't like our music (music I seem to remember you were bored of for nearly 30 years).

To carry on the racist analogy, generally racists are uninformed and ignorant, Jazzie B is neither other than about Northern Soul, I think you are showing you are with the above statement (ignorant not racist) , so I do not think calling you ignorant on this this is a personal insult, its a fact.

Like my other current nemesis this isn't personal, I just strongly believe people should not be allowed to throw whatever crap they want to on a board and then justify it by saying its my opinion. If people put up racist nonsense on here, they would not be allowed to justify it by saying its their opinion would they, why then should you be allowed to repeat such a ridiculous accusation as Jazzie B is a racist with no evidence.

All I ask is you base your opinions round facts, surely it can't be that difficult.

While I feel no need to defend him I will repeat again he is a Giant within the Black Music scene of the 80's/90's and that can't be disputed, whether it is to our taste or not, as someone else said he had many other strings to his bow (Fashion, community involvement), find out just a little then pass opinion.

Social source share

Saying his music is disco is an opinion, a simplistic, misguided, and ridiculously naive opinion in my opinion, but yes one I will defend your right to say anywhere.

Calling him a racist because..... and you have not explained the cause, is not an opinion, its possibly slanderous/libelous, and its definitely a pig ignorant view, something I would repeat to boy and girl, and is quite unbelievable, I do not agree you have the right to express this without any evidence. I repeat, what do you know about him other than his 2 minutes of fame on a NS documentary. Just google him and you wiill immediately become less ignorant. I also repeat I do not agree with his award (I am with Simon on they should all be banned) but do not think we should be able to throw disgusting insults at him just because he doesn't like our music (music I seem to remember you were bored of for nearly 30 years).

To carry on the racist analogy, generally racists are uninformed and ignorant, Jazzie B is neither other than about Northern Soul, I think you are showing you are with the above statement (ignorant not racist) , so I do not think calling you ignorant on this this is a personal insult, its a fact.

Like my other current nemesis this isn't personal, I just strongly believe people should not be allowed to throw whatever crap they want to on a board and then justify it by saying its my opinion. If people put up racist nonsense on here, they would not be allowed to justify it by saying its their opinion would they, why then should you be allowed to repeat such a ridiculous accusation as Jazzie B is a racist with no evidence.

All I ask is you base your opinions round facts, surely it can't be that difficult.

While I feel no need to defend him I will repeat again he is a Giant within the Black Music scene of the 80's/90's and that can't be disputed, whether it is to our taste or not, as someone else said he had many other strings to his bow (Fashion, community involvement), find out just a little then pass opinion.

I think you will find that Mike has moved the racist discussion to a different thread.

QoFxx

Social source share

I think you will find I am discussing your comments on Jazzy B, not the other racist thread, which I have no interest in becoming involved in?

You think the guy is a giant, your opinion, I think he is a numpty average DJ past his sell by date who made some very silly statements on a TV documentary, who is not worthy of an honour, my opinion.......whats so difficult to grasp about that............and I still think it is very rude and childish to call someone (male or female) names such as an ignorant pig just because they don't agree with you.

QoFxx

Social source share

You think the guy is a giant, your opinion, I think he is a numpty average DJ past his sell by date who made some very silly statements on a TV documentary, who is not worthy of an honour, my opinion.......whats so difficult to grasp about that............and I still think it is very rude and childish to call someone (male or female) names such as an ignorant pig just because they don't agree with you.

QoFxx

No its a fact he WAS (past tense) a giant in Black music history, your opinion is you don't like that music, fine and dandy that doesn't change the facts,

I called you pig ignorant because you called him a racist and I stand by that, again like your mate this is enough debate on here, ruining other peoples enjoyment when you will not deal with my main point, you calling him a racist, maybe I should have used the pigs ear analogy. I now leave you to your ignorance.

Social source share

back to the original topic .....with jazzie b getting one then surely nellee hooper deserves one as well ?

Probably more so than Jazzy B LOL....

Nellee produced the album and then went to more international success with Bjork, Madonna and U2 amongst others. Plus let's not forget that stirling mix on Family Stand's "Ghetto Heaven".......

Ian D

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Nellee produced the album and then went to more international success with Bjork, Madonna and U2 amongst others. Plus let's not forget that stirling mix on Family Stand's "Ghetto Heaven".......

Ian D

plus all the wild bunch stuff in bristol in the 80's that changed the face of music at the time (unless you had yer head stuck in a NS bubble of course )

i still have a lot of tunes from that era of things

Social source share

Ian D

Yes but does this warrant an award from the Queen?

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Yes but does this warrant an award from the Queen?

does anyone in entertainment ? they make a lot of money in their chosen field which is the reward they want really so no he doesn't but neither does parky etc

Social source share

Personally never understood all the fuss about Soul II Soul, found their music not to my taste.

All I really know about the gentleman concerned was the piece on NS that was on the series about soul in Britain. He obviously had no understanding of the Northern Soul scene, well that is his loss imo.

As for the honours list, it's a bit of a joke, civil servants get gongs, etc, depending on their grade, but most get nothing, a few members of the public get honoured for their jobs, and sportsmen and women, entertainers, etc get honours, all a bit random, now probably has to be "inclusive", lol. Surely after the cash for honours business it is now totally discredited.

Just my opinion of course, others may disagree, that is what free speech is all about.

Social source share

As for the honours list, it's a bit of a joke, civil servants get gongs, etc, depending on their grade, but most get nothing, a few members of the public get honoured for their jobs,

members of the public have to be nominated by the public generally. The amateur football league I am secretary of, our President is in his 90's and has devoted his life to football and in particular junior football, he is still heavily involved with Derbyshire FA at all levels. His services have been recognised by most sports associations. We applied to have him awarded the MBE or summat like but the paperwork and in general the work involved just getting his nomination forward was off putting from the start. Thats one reason I say they should be scrapped.

There's people far more worthy and gone through more in life than many of the recipients who deserve far more and far better than these so called celebrities.

Most have done f*ck all for anyone other than themselves.

Social source share

No its a fact he WAS (past tense) a giant in Black music history, your opinion is you don't like that music, fine and dandy that doesn't change the facts,

I called you pig ignorant because you called him a racist and I stand by that, again like your mate this is enough debate on here, ruining other peoples enjoyment when you will not deal with my main point, you calling him a racist, maybe I should have used the pigs ear analogy. I now leave you to your ignorance.

Perhaps you should listen again to the comments he made on the said documentary. It came across as if he was throwing his teddy because he wasn't welcomed with open arms onto the northern soul scene, maybe he just wasn't a very nice person that's why he wasn't invited and believed he should of had an automatic right of passage on to the scene because he admittedly knows quite a lot about black soul music and he was black. Maybe it was his arrogance that put people off him so he didn't get invited along (I don't think I was ever invited, I just went and for many years made it a very large part of my life).

I will make it clear before any one else who knows me does, I wasn't around so much in the later 80s & 90s on the scene as I was involved with other music genres, but it doesn't mean I wasn't watching from afar.

There were black people on the NS scene in the 70s & early 80s who were welcomed but just maybe they were nice people. The same as there are nice white people who are welcomed onto the scene whatever their level of music knowledge is and there are not so nice white people who obviously have a great knowledge, are not welcomed by all and their arrogance and soul knowledge snobbery is what puts people off them.

Also calling me a "pig" may of offended me greatly as you have never met me and how do you know I am not a Muslim, ok so maybe the avitar gives that away but I could be jewish for all you know.

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Ian D

I know I should stay away from this topic, given the 'controversy' that I have already caused in postings that are no longer part of it. But I would just like to mention the other important musical component of early SIIS, Simon Law, and draw everyone's attention to the fact that the hits soon stopped coming for that group once he and Hooper had moved on to do their own things...

For the record, I'd like to state that "Keep On Moving" is one of the greatest records of the 80s, IMO and BTW, and "Back To Life" is not far behind it.

Social source share

Guest outonthefloor

QUOTE (jocko @ Dec 30 07, 12:01 AM) post_snapback.gifWTF are you on, he didnt introduce what, are you saying he is nobody as he didnt introduce anything to the Northern scene? You are unbelievably pig ignorant sometimes, I dont particularly like the man, and definitely dont think he deserves a gong, but I think he has done a lot more for Black music than most/many on the Northern scene, find out a little about the history of the man before you spout your mouth off. Do you know anything about his Sound System or the impact he had on the US scene for British black music, no thought not. As said before yes give your opinions but try and base some on even a remote bit of fact FFS can't you.

:tumbleweed3: It's amazing what is ok for some to say & not others isn't it Chrissie .

Frankly i think you are the one showing yourself to be 'Pig ignorant' Jocko in talking to a girl like that !!

How about reaching for the 'Night Nurse' next time you get the flu as opposed to a double dose of Vitrol !!!!

Goodnight !

I agree with this whole heartedly.

Three points here i think...

Firstly, I have met Chrissie and can assure you she is a charming lady who does not deserve to be insulted in this manner. She would be the first person to say that everyone is entitled to their opinion you should take a leaf outa her book.

Secondly, Challenge the view not the person. In my experience people that resort to personal insults do so when they know they have a weak argument or maybe they just have a limited vocabulary. If you have learning difficulties or special educational needs I apologise for this comment.

Thirdly bogue, it's a well known fact I'm afraid that this forum operates a two tier system, although I'm sure this will be denied, it's a comment that has been made to me many times. Some people, for what ever reason, can get away with murder. You only have to look at the amount of swearing, off topic stuff, lewd avatars etc on here to see who is 'in' and who is 'out'. I don't bother to report stuff coz personally I think a bita off topic banter or a pair of breasts in an avatar (And no I'm not talking about Moldie's.....breasts or avatar!!!!!) is not offensive. What I do find offensive is the fact that people can be a bit 'brave' on here.....(although I don't see how insulting a lady can be seen as brave) and say stuff which they wouldn't dream of saying to someone's face.

Anyway Chrissie is right, it is about how a person behaves not about the colour of their skin. Generally I have found that people on the Northern scene are amongst the most friendly bunch I have ever come across. But of course all the above is only my opinion......

Helen

Social source share

Firstly, I have met Chrissie and can assure you she is a charming lady who does not deserve to be insulted in this manner. She would be the first person to say that everyone is entitled to their opinion you should take a leaf outa her book.

Secondly, Challenge the view not the person. In my experience people that resort to personal insults do so when they know they have a weak argument or maybe they just have a limited vocabulary. If you have learning difficulties or special educational needs I apologise for this comment.

Thirdly bogue, it's a well known fact I'm afraid that this forum operates a two tier system, although I'm sure this will be denied, it's a comment that has been made to me many times. Some people, for what ever reason, can get away with murder. You only have to look at the amount of swearing, off topic stuff, lewd avatars etc on here to see who is 'in' and who is 'out'. I don't bother to report stuff coz personally I think a bita off topic banter or a pair of breasts in an avatar (And no I'm not talking about Moldie's.....breasts or avatar!!!!!) is not offensive. What I do find offensive is the fact that people can be a bit 'brave' on here.....(although I don't see how insulting a lady can be seen as brave) and say stuff which they wouldn't dream of saying to someone's face.

Anyway Chrissie is right, it is about how a person behaves not about the colour of their skin. Generally I have found that people on the Northern scene are amongst the most friendly bunch I have ever come across. But of course all the above is only my opinion......

Helen

As a Black soulie.... i do agree with your points....I got into the scene during the mid 70s because

A) I loved the music..

cool.gif I felt very comfortable...that everybody that i met...was only interested in where i had been...how long i had been into the music...and what records i liked

perhaps i have been lucky,..

.i have flirted around all the other stratas of the underground Black music scenes,,,but always come back to Northern ....WHY???..because it has to be one of the friendliest underground dance scenes i have encountered...however...i can also understand where Jazzie is coming from......most of us ethnic folk had to suffer the indignity of being turned away from some soul/funk clubs once the quota had been met :thumbup: ...so whilst we watched our white friends go in...some of us were turned away...sounds strange now but that was a scenario which was depressingly familiar to all us Black soul loving kids...dont get me wrong...i think Jazzie showed an awful lot of ignorance about the northern soul scene....also i cannot forget the rudeness shown by some ofhis trendie cronies towards those of us who came :tumbleweed3: North of the Watford Gap...but one thing i will say in his defence...those sessions at the Africa Centre in Convent Garden were blooddy Blinding......Delxx

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Helen

i'd agree with your first point about chrissie indeed :tumbleweed3: ...

HOWEVER..... Jock's argument was based on a knowledge of what Jazzy B achieved wordwide and chrissie's was based on a limited knowledge of jazzy b being a Dj and slagging off northern (an opinion he's entitled to) when in the late eighties him and the rest of soul ii soul (inc simon law ad nellee hooper) were sooooooo much more than that

Social source share

Guest outonthefloor

i'd agree with your first point about chrissie indeed :tumbleweed3: ...

HOWEVER..... Jock's argument was based on a knowledge of what Jazzy B achieved wordwide and chrissie's was based on a limited knowledge of jazzy b being a Dj and slagging off northern (an opinion he's entitled to) when in the late eighties him and the rest of soul ii soul (inc simon law ad nellee hooper) were sooooooo much more than that

I don't happen to agree with everything Chrissie Said just that personal insults were not the way to go.....

Agree with the influence of Soul II Soul also loved Rip Rig n Panic n other inovative Black music of around that time.

That wasn't my issue with the post. Everyone bases their opinions on their own terms of reference that don't mean their not entitled to them though surely.....

XXX

Social source share

Guest outonthefloor

since when is saying someone is pig ignorant an insult :tumbleweed3: especially when they say something when ignoring the facts about someone or something, as in this case?

I think most people would find this insulting and some including Chrissie obviously did.

Theres little doubt it was meant as an insult although i stand to be corrected of course.

Surely things like impact on the scene etc are subjective and therefore not 'fact' at all?

This would make both opinions valid wouldnt it?

Social source share

since when is saying someone is pig ignorant an insult :tumbleweed3: especially when they say something when ignoring the facts about someone or something, as in this case?

To be honest Chalky, all the time. Someone can be ignorant, without it being an insult, but to say someone is pig ignorant is intended in one way only, and that's as an insult

Social source share

To be honest Chalky, all the time. Someone can be ignorant, without it being an insult, but to say someone is pig ignorant is intended in one way only, and that's as an insult

Sorry, but not how I read it Dave. To say someone is "unbelievably pig ignorant sometimes" is not an insult. To say someone is "an unbelievable pig ignorant tw*t" that is an insult.

Social source share

I tried to explain why I used the term above but as usual no-one reads the whole picture, I stand by what I say, I am sure Jazzie B would be more insulted about being called a racist, but hey we all seem to be ignoring this because we are sticking up for the NS scene that he insulted.

Dictionary definition of ignorance is Lack of knowledge information, or education. I think a court would find it hard not to find Chrissie guilty of the first 2 on this thread, therefore happy with my position.

If you want to debate above then fine, but if as everyone seems to want to do is ignore the facts and say Chrissie is nice women go ahead, I do not feel the need to participate. Its fairly obvious the majority think she is nice, does this allow her to say what she wants unchecked?

Social source share

I

Thirdly bogue, it’s a well known fact I’m afraid that this forum operates a two tier system, although I’m sure this will be denied, it’s a comment that has been made to me many times.

its a 5000+ tier system, post your concerns in feedback and will be more than happy to answer them again

Social source share

I tried to explain why I used the term above but as usual no-one reads the whole picture, I stand by what I say, I am sure Jazzie B would be more insulted about being called a racist, but hey we all seem to be ignoring this because we are sticking up for the NS scene that he insulted.

Dictionary definition of ignorance is Lack of knowledge information, or education. I think a court would find it hard not to find Chrissie guilty of the first 2 on this thread, therefore happy with my position.

If you want to debate above then fine, but if as everyone seems to want to do is ignore the facts and say Chrissie is nice women go ahead, I do not feel the need to participate. Its fairly obvious the majority think she is nice, does this allow her to say what she wants unchecked?

I've read it all again and I'm just a little confused as to why you came down so heavy on her. If all opinions were to be formed by his appearance on that documentary alone then he is a reverse racist and a c*ck.

Social source share

I've read it all again and I'm just a little confused as to why you came down so heavy on her. If all opinions were to be formed by his appearance on that documentary alone then he is a reverse racist and a c*ck.

whether he's a c*ck or not, whether he deserves a gong or not, if you base your opionions on that appearance alone then you are ignorant to the full facts, nothing difficult to understand there IMHO.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Read my quote above and you will see why, why should people be allowed to say such things with no comeback, and why the hell would you make such an opinion based on him on that documentary alone, that is the definition of ignorance alone and ultimately proves my point. I have stated on here I hate racism but I hate equally people using the term with little or no logic or evidence.

I am not defending him, I have made this clear in other posts, so you are just stirring it here Pete, I can only repeat I do not think people should be allowed to make such accusations on public board based on the evidence that you are using, and I know you know that.

Just because somebody is nice does not mean they should be allowed to basically walk all over somebody else's name or reputation due to their lack of knowledge. I asked initially for her to clarify this point but as usual this was ignored and the thread went on a million different tangents.

My last word on this unless someone can actually debate the facts.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

do not know any of jazzy b's music, so no comment.however I did see his interview some time ago and I remember taking a dim view of his obvious racist remarks concerning his visit to the casino. At one point he said (not word for word) one of the things that struck him at the time was that there were no black people at the venue and that he felt very intimidated, the inferance being that black people did'nt go because the white folk did'nt want them there.What a load of tosh say I.In those early wigan days and before,when you went to the allnighter IT PAID YOU to know just who was who, black or white cause there were some very nasty chaps there .....who,shall we say were not there for the music.To hint that black folk were scared,don't make me laugh,who remembers black robbo and fenton from WOLVERHAMPTON or that nasty little crew who stood near the down stairs bogs at wigan...a nastier bunch you could'nt find any where along with some equally nasty white chaps...smokey,larry lightning.paul roberts and terry thompson to name just a few.black people never went CAUSE THEY DID'NT LIKE THE MUSIC thats all, plain and simple just like I never went to reggae clubs in london (do like the music though) that were frequented by mainly black people.the fact of the jazzy b matter is good old jazzy went up north on a whim and did'nt like it and the t.v company did what they always do..get some fool who knows nowt about the subject they are making a prog about and get them to talk about it. should jazzy get an honour?...why not they hand em out to any old tom, dick or jazzy these days

Social source share