Piercebridge

Well done Harry, loved last night, hope there's going to be some more. Free to get in & music top notch from start to finish.Nice to see a room at a soul do full for a change too :lol:

Bob, thanks for the cheeses & onion pasty, it had me in stitches.

Ted White, great to see you out & about & looking so well.

Nev, hope you get a job soon so that you can buy a book of raffle tickets :lol:

K & him indoors

• Replies 24
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well done Harry, loved last night, hope there's going to be some more. Free to get in & music top notch from start to finish.Nice to see a room at a soul do full for a change too :lol:

Bob, thanks for the cheeses & onion pasty, it had me in stitches.

Ted White, great to see you out & about & looking so well.

Nev, hope you get a job soon so that you can buy a book of raffle tickets :lol:

K & him indoors

Yes I must agree with you Kirsty its a cracking little room that generates a great atmosphere when theres a few in. Heres a few of the playlists with the rest to follow.

Pete Foster and Daz Carr

Janice Saddler-My babys coming home

Enchantment-Call on me

Impressions-Potent love

Anthony White-Stop and think it over

Bottom and co-Gotta find a true love

Dynamics-Never find a man like me

Tams-Precious moment

Smoke-Sunshine roses and rainbows

Phillip James-Keep on loving

J P Rodgers-Baby come back home

Lamont Dozier-Can,t get over

Imperial Wonders-You live only once

Unique Blend-Yes Im in love

True Reflection-Thats where Im coming from

Willie Hutch-Lets try it over

Jack Ashford-Ill fly to your open arms

Satisfaction Unlimited-Lets change the subject

Main Ingredient-Have you ever tried it

Gene Taylor-My nose wide open

Popcorn Wylie-I can take the world on with you

Lou Ragland-What should I do

Street People-Liberated lady

Reggie Sadler Revue-Just wait and see

"Tez Wright"

Brothers of Soul-Dream

Dynamics-You make me feel good

Chimes-Beginning of my life

Major IV-Down in the ghetto

Gene and Eddie-Its no sin

Randy Brown-Im always in the mood

Larry Wedgeworth-No more games

Jesse James-If you want a love affair

Eugene Record-Overdose of joy

Fir-Ya-Keep on trying

Johnny Bristol-When he comes

Luther Vandross-Got to have your body

New York City Band-The meditation

Leon Thomas-Love each other

Timeless Legend-I was born to love you

Solid Solution-Think about it girl

Deep Sensation-Soul heaven

more playlists to follow, got a tin of quality street to finish

Kev

Guest THE BRIGADIER

Yes I must agree with you Kirsty its a cracking little room that generates a great atmosphere when theres a few in. Heres a few of the playlists with the rest to follow.

Pete Foster and Daz Carr

Enchantment-Call on me

Impressions-Potent love

Tams-Precious moment

"Tez Wright"

Brothers of Soul-Dream

Fir-Ya-Keep on trying

Kev

Big thanks to all who attended a cracking night, i was'nt really sure how it was gonna turn out although i new the music would be bang on. All dj's playing some great stuff, from X-over to Modern and playing for nothing more than a good night out, but it was a lot more than that, so thanks to them.

Whether or not we get another night on remains to be seen, 27th Jan there are new management in the The George Hotel so we'll just have to see!! I dont want to have to go down the road of charging people to get in, but my gut feeling is that they might start charging too much for the hire of the room.

Cheers Mr Kev Kane for sorting out the play lists out, look forward to looking through them myself to pickup on a couple of things that were played.

Last but not least, thanks to Tes and Leslie Wright, Dave and Sharon Coxhead, great to see you all, Tes playing your part with a fine set of tunes mate.

Tes Wright's own night, 2 rooms 60's -- X-over to modern soul, 1st friday every month @ The Earl of Doncaster, 7.30 till 1am. Great night too!!

Harry

Big thanks to all who attended a cracking night, i was'nt really sure how it was gonna turn out although i new the music would be bang on. All dj's playing some great stuff, from X-over to Modern and playing for nothing more than a good night out, but it was a lot more than that, so thanks to them.

Whether or not we get another night on remains to be seen, 27th Jan there are new management in the The George Hotel so we'll just have to see!! I dont want to have to go down the road of charging people to get in, but my gut feeling is that they might start charging too much for the hire of the room.

Cheers Mr Kev Kane for sorting out the play lists out, look forward to looking through them myself to pickup on a couple of things that were played.

Last but not least, thanks to Tes and Leslie Wright, Dave and Sharon Coxhead, great to see you all, Tes playing your part with a fine set of tunes mate.

Tes Wright's own night, 2 rooms 60's -- X-over to modern soul, 1st friday every month @ The Earl of Doncaster, 7.30 till 1am. Great night too!!

Harry

As previously stated here are some more of the stuff played the other night.

Little Harry and Graham Dinsdale

Gloria Scott-What am I gonna do

Lost Family-Blow my mind

Chuck Bernard-Love bug

The Esquires-How could it be

Jesse Boone-I got to love you

Oscar Weathers-To prove I love you

Denise La Salle-I get what I want

The Lovations-Heaven told me so

Edwin Starr-Running back and forth

The Clovers-Try my lovin

Masqueraders-I aint gonna stop

Lee Williams-Its everything about you

Sam Dees-Fragile handle with care

The Enticers-Calling for your love

The Dramatics-No rebate on love

Joe Hinton-Got you on my mind

Brief Encounter-What about love

Gaz Simon and Kev Cane

Counts-Whats It all about

Towanda Natural Destruction-Wear yor natural baby

Sir Ted Ford-I wanna be near you

Gene Middleton-No one to love

Ralph Johnson-Have your fun

Emotions-Ill love you but leave you

Enchanted Five-Have you ever

Willie Tee-First taste of hurt

Lee Bates-What am I gonna do

Jo Armstead-Stone good lover

Spinners-Its a shame

Brothers Guiding Light-Getting together

Ujima-Im not ready

Debbie Taylor-It just dont pay

H Melvin-Love I lost

Invitations-Look on the good side

Charles Johnson-Never had a love

Natural Four-You cant keep running away

Almeta Latimore-These memories

Reggie Soul-My world of Ecstasy

Bobby Reed-The time is right

Nathan Williams-What price

Delegates of soul-Ill come running back

Lee Fields-Tyras song

Alex Brown-Im not responsible

I will try my best to finish off tomorrow

KEEP EM COMING KEV :thumbsup:

THERES SOMETHING ABOUT PIERCEBRIDGE THATS SO RIGHT FOR SOUL

I DON'T USUALLY LURK IN THE MODERN ROOM WHEN THE RARE SOUL NIGHT IS ON,BUT THE ATMOSPHERE ON FRIDAY, IN THERE WAS MAGICAL.

GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE AND THE MUSIC EXQUISITE!

MY KINDA MOD/XOVER

WELL DONE EVERYONE WHO HELPED ORGANISE/ DJ'D AND ATTENDED :unsure:

ALL THE BEST FOR THE NEW YR &LET'S HAVE MORE OF THE SAME FOR 2008

Pete Foster and Daz Carr

Enchantment-Call on me

Impressions-Potent love

Tams-Precious moment

"Tez Wright"

Brothers of Soul-Dream

Fir-Ya-Keep on trying

Kev

A brilliant night!!

This is what soul music is about for me - check out the dj's play lists, some big money records played some £5 records all of which were of the highest quality the amount of soul records in our area is unbelievable, it is always a pleasure to be part of nights like this!

We have been wanting a night like this to happen for some time and i hope it continues.

The North East is 'THE' soul capitol of the universe and i'm well chuffed to be part of it with a great set of people and mentors, Friday was one big party which i really enjoyed i hope it continues, fingers crossed.

The night reminded me at times of the brilliant nights at the Bridge House Hotel at Catterick that was over 10 years ago and was way ahead of its time.

Long may these nights continue im certain it will be supported as it was on friday as there are a large group of like minded soul lovers in and around Darlington.

Best wishes to all for 2008 and thanks to all who attended and supported the djs especially to the lady who asked me for Smoke - Sunshine Roses and Rainbows which i love to play out.

Pete, wherever you are i'm going to change my dj name to DAZ 'I HAVE A SPARE' CARR (Not i have a spare motor car but spare soul records).

What do you think?

Cheers

Daz Carr

YES WHAT A VERY GOOD NIGHT IN EVERY WAY

THE DIVERSITY AND QUALITY OF MUSIC WAS SECOND TO NONE AND IT WAS A PURE PLEASURE TO DJ INFRONT OF SUCH APPREACIATIVE PEOPLE .

HAD SUCH A BAD HEAD ON SATURDAY DUE TO HITTING THE RED WINE AFTER QUITE A LARGE AMMOUNT OF LAGER WAS NOT THE BEST IDEA I HAD STILL

ROLL ON THE NEXT. :(

AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Can someone please tell me who is running Piercebridge now? i thought it was Steve Wilson & Lianna, or has Harry started it up again?. I'm confused :huh:

Hi Wally

How are you doing mate. I think this was a one off do organised by Harry using only the small room at the top. As far as I know Steve is still going to run his do as the feedback especially from the last couple of nights he held was really positive. While I am on I will complete play lists as stated.

Have a good New Year mate, hope to catch up with you soon.

Please excuse any discrepencies on the following text because all I have in front of me now is a load of drunken scribble for reference.

Carlo and Big Harry

Barry White-I never thought I,d fall in love

Marcia Hines-You gotta let go

Bobby Story-Lets do something different

Mark IV-If you cant tell me something

Originals-Down to love town

Gentlemen and their ladys-Like her

Archie Bell-Good good feeling

Chuck Cissel-Dont tell me your sorry

Mandrill-Too late

Tavares-Too late

Bunny Sigler-Keep smilin

Popcorn Wylie-How did I lose you

Real Thing-Love makes tears

Lamont Dozier-Dont let nobody come between us

James Walsh-Cos its you girl

Love Committee-Am I wasting time

Bobby Hutton-Lend a hand

Ewan Renton and Daz Carr(how many f-----g spots do you want Daz)

Donna Mcghee-It aint no big thing

Deon Jackson-I need a love like yours

Terry Huff-Come on around

Delilha Moore-Ill just walk away

Ace Spectrum-Live and learn

Bobby Patterson-Everythings good to you

Dee Dee Warwick-Funny how we change places

Maxine Brown-Belle mia

6 a.m-Missing you

Cubo, where is your play list at ?

Thats the lot folks minus Cubo,s whose I dont have.

(

It was a good night indeed, great atmosphere and imaginative playlists, well done to all involved.

I'm personally looking forward to seeing the return of the 2-room Piercebridge events in 2008, i really hope it does come off for Steve or Harry or whoever, the north-east soul scene would be sadly sadly lacking without it.

The North East is 'THE' soul capitol of the universe

Daz Carr

Darren, i think you mustve had a bit too much brandy on your Christmas pud when you wrote this mate, i think your about a million light years away there :huh:

Happy new year everyone Gaz

Edited by Gaz Simon

Hi Gaz n Kev...it would seem to me that you are also confused as to who is running Piercebridge...i was always under the impression that it was Steve and Liana's venue...hence the reason we did'nt attend...can anyone clear this up? :huh: All the best for the New Year... Chris

As far as im aware Harrys night is STRICTLY A ONE OFF!!!!!!!! or so ive been told

As i stated in previous posts theres a new management taking over in Jan and any further dates have to be sorted with them---or so ive been told

This night was already arranged without my knowledge and behind my back

Harry had asked me if it would be ok to use the modern room for a night this year for his birthday ---ok no probs

Then this soul night appears from nowhere

To say im not happy with the underhanded way this has come about would be an understatement

However i let it go ahead on the understanding that it was a ONE OFF EVENT

I fully intend to carry on with the Piercebridge soul nights---They are without doubt right up there with the best---but thats for me and the management to sort out ---its got nothing to do with ANYONE ELSE and any more interference wont be tollerated

Steve

Guest THE BRIGADIER

As far as im aware Harrys night is STRICTLY A ONE OFF!!!!!!!! or so ive been told

As i stated in previous posts theres a new management taking over in Jan and any further dates have to be sorted with them---or so ive been told

This night was already arranged without my knowledge and behind my back

Harry had asked me if it would be ok to use the modern room for a night this year for his birthday ---ok no probs

Then this soul night appears from nowhere

To say im not happy with the underhanded way this has come about would be an understatement

However i let it go ahead on the understanding that it was a ONE OFF EVENT

I fully intend to carry on with the Piercebridge soul nights---They are without doubt right up there with the best---but thats for me and the management to sort out ---its got nothing to do with ANYONE ELSE and any more interference wont be tollerated

Steve

To start with, these things should be said either through email, PM's or phone calls but Steve, since you did'nt answer my phone calls last week i'll put the record straight here so that everyone is clear and you can ring me later if you wish.

After the last night Steve at Piercebridge in his own words were that he probably wont do another night at the George, lost out on i bit of money that night and sick of the staff whinging. Make of that what you will. When he told me that i honestly thought that was gonna be it.

Xmas - I was going to have a bit of a shin dig at home, but decided to ask if i could use the little room and book it under my name and not a soul night. I rang Liana, later spoke to Steve, no problems. A few days later after i had posted the night details on soul source Steve rang me a little pissed off at first, he ask me if i was trying to get the night back, told him it was a one off party night, no more than that. Still a bit pissed off cos he thought there were some people trying to get in behind his back, some comments had been made on the Piercebridge thread that had'nt seen before this conversation. I'm not going into everything now but were no more than innocent comments that were taken out of context..

I've mentioned to a couple of people in the last couple days that i cant just go straight back in and take over something that is not mine, Steve said probably wont do anymore nights, but in our last conversation did not say defo wont be.. Wally does that anwser your question? Yep!! if steve does not do any more, i might have a few more free party nights...big IF the hotel let me..

Most people can get my phone No so if anyone one has problem ring me, rather than coming on to thread of what was good night and Fucking souring it.. Or also i did'nt say that the night was for my birthday, i told Steve that i had plans to do a full night for my 40th after i handed it over to him. Thats not till July. Too much bad mouthing goes on when people dont know the facts.. :lol:

Regards

Harry

Ps the Raby Hunt are booked in for annual Do, i hope they've got permission?

Edited by THE BRIGADIER

To start with, these things should be said either through email, PM's or phone calls but Steve, since you did'nt answer my phone calls last week i'll put the record straight here so that everyone is clear and you can ring me later if you wish.

After the last night Steve at Piercebridge in his own words were that he probably wont do another night at the George, lost out on i bit of money that night and sick of the staff whinging. Make of that what you will. When he told me that i honestly thought that was gonna be it.

Xmas - I was going to have a bit of a shin dig at home, but decided to ask if i could use the little room and book it under my name and not a soul night. I rang Liana, later spoke to Steve, no problems. A few days later after i had posted the night details on soul source Steve rang me a little pissed off at first, he ask me if i was trying to get the night back, told him it was a one off party night, no more than that. Still a bit pissed off cos he thought there were some people trying to get in behind his back, some comments had been made on the Piercebridge thread that had'nt seen before this conversation. I'm not going into everything now but were no more than innocent comments that were taken out of context..

I've mentioned to a couple of people in the last couple days that i cant just go straight back in and take over something that is not mine, Steve said probably wont do anymore nights, but in our last conversation did not say defo wont be.. Wally does that anwser your question? Yep!! if steve does not do any more, i might have a few more free party nights...big IF the hotel let me..

Most people can get my phone No so if anyone one has problem ring me, rather than coming on to thread of what was good night and Fucking souring it.. Or also i did'nt say that the night was for my birthday, i told Steve that i had plans to do a full night for my 40th after i handed it over to him. Thats not till July. Too much bad mouthing goes on when people dont know the facts.. :thumbup:

Regards

Harry

Ps the Raby Hunt are booked in for anual Do, i hope they've got permission?

Dont forget Harry there was a witness to our conversation

I may well have had a whinge about the staff etc but did i say "IM PACKING IT IN"no

As for our phone conversations --you told me you "INTENDED" to put a night on over xmas ---I even told you id attend

BUT

Then im told youd already been on to Paul Conroy 2

WEEKS before you rang me and said you were doing this

I phoned you and told you i wasnt happy with the way this was shaping up and you said "ITS A ONE OFF"

Then im told by a good friend of more than 30+years thatyour ittle clique are going round IN PUBLIC telling all who are prepared to listenthat your going to move back in ---oh are you?

Then i see it IN PRINT that were closing etc

So i do a little asking about as to why peoplethink were shutting down--where did they hear this ---your name seems to crop up every time

Al ive ever said was id see about new dates in the new year with the management---posted that on here and other web sites ---you seem to think you have some sort of say in what goes on up here at other peoples venues---you dont.If you want me to come on here and give everyone chapter and verse about the things youve said and tried to get OTHER people to do then im more than willing

( phone calls to managers ---whispering in my ear trying to get people barred etc)

As for answering your CALLS ---i had ONE missed call on my phone from youand seeing as how ive spent most of my time at the hospital for the last two weeks ---your not that important

Theres dos and donts on the soul scene and unfortunately backstabbing is par for the course when promoting but movin in on someones venue goes way past the mark

If ive got this all wrong then im more than willing to go PUBLIC and apologise to you ---but i haven,t have i.Your intentions are clear and ill leave it to decent soul fans on here to decide on the ethics of this

If your a total innocent in all this then i suggest you tell your mates to shut up and get their facts right

SOUL RULES KO

AS FAR AS I WAS AWARE THE GEORGE AT PIECEBRIDGE WAS OWNED BY A HOTEL CHAIN OR THE LIKE NOT BY INDIVIDUALS AND AS SUCH IS OPEN TO HIRE BY ANYONE PREPARED TO DO SO!!!!!

SOUTH DURHAM SOUL AKA HARRY HAD HIS DO

THEN STEVE SOUL ADDICTION HAD HIS DOS

WHERE THE PROBLEM LADS THERE 52 WEEKS IN THE YEAR !!!

BUT HERES A FEW GROUND RULES THAT ALL SHOULD FOLLOW

1-THOU SHALT NOT PUT ON A NIGHT WHEN ANOTHER NIGHT IS ON WITHIN A 200 MILE RADIUS

2-THOU SHALL NOT PLAY 70S IN AN OLDIES VENUE

3-THOU SHALL NOT PLAY OLDIES IN A 70S VENUE

4-THOU KNOWEST IF ITS RARE IT,S CRAP

5-THOU KNOWEST IF ITS CHEAP IT,S CRAP

5-THOU SHALL NOT PLAY CD,S (THE DEVILS WORK)

6-THOU SHALL NOT PLAY LP,S (SATANS TOOLS)

7-THOU SHALL NOT PLAY RECORDS OTHER PEOPLE HAVE

8-THOU SHALL NOT PLAY RECORDS OTHER PEOPLE HAVE'NT

9-ALL RECORD DEALERS REPENT AND CHEAPEN YOUR PRICES OR BURN IN HELL

10-THOU SHALL DANCE TO WHATEVER,WHEREVER,WITH WHOEVER YOU LIKE (EVEN IF YOU DO LOOK A GIMP)

HAPPY NEW YEAR

HARRY(THE OTHER ONE THAT IS) wink.gif

Guest THE BRIGADIER

Dont forget Harry there was a witness to our conversation

I may well have had a whinge about the staff etc but did i say "IM PACKING IT IN"no

As for our phone conversations --you told me you "INTENDED" to put a night on over xmas ---I even told you id attend

BUT

Then im told youd already been on to Paul Conroy 2

WEEKS before you rang me and said you were doing this

I phoned you and told you i wasnt happy with the way this was shaping up and you said "ITS A ONE OFF"

Then im told by a good friend of more than 30+years thatyour ittle clique are going round IN PUBLIC telling all who are prepared to listenthat your going to move back in ---oh are you?

Then i see it IN PRINT that were closing etc

So i do a little asking about as to why peoplethink were shutting down--where did they hear this ---your name seems to crop up every time

Al ive ever said was id see about new dates in the new year with the management---posted that on here and other web sites ---you seem to think you have some sort of say in what goes on up here at other peoples venues---you dont.If you want me to come on here and give everyone chapter and verse about the things youve said and tried to get OTHER people to do then im more than willing

( phone calls to managers ---whispering in my ear trying to get people barred etc)

As for answering your CALLS ---i had ONE missed call on my phone from youand seeing as how ive spent most of my time at the hospital for the last two weeks ---your not that important

Theres dos and donts on the soul scene and unfortunately backstabbing is par for the course when promoting but movin in on someones venue goes way past the mark

If ive got this all wrong then im more than willing to go PUBLIC and apologise to you ---but i haven,t have i.Your intentions are clear and ill leave it to decent soul fans on here to decide on the ethics of this

If your a total innocent in all this then i suggest you tell your mates to shut up and get their facts right

Spoke to Steve this morning and put a few things straight, he will add more tonight for those intrested in following this taken out of hand drama!!

Harry

It was a good night indeed, great atmosphere and imaginative playlists, well done to all involved.

I'm personally looking forward to seeing the return of the 2-room Piercebridge events in 2008, i really hope it does come off for Steve or Harry or whoever, the north-east soul scene would be sadly sadly lacking without it.

Darren, i think you mustve had a bit too much brandy on your Christmas pud when you wrote this mate, i think your about a million light years away there :shades:

Happy new year everyone Gaz

Tongue in cheek comment wicked.gif

Where is the soul capitol then?

Guest Neil Taylor

SOUL CAPITOL OF THE WORLD............SURELY EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS IS THE NORTH-WEST,LIKE FOOTBALL WE DO IT SO MUCH BETTER THAN IN THE NORTH-EAST. :thumbup:

SOUL CAPITOL OF THE WORLD............SURELY EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS IS THE NORTH-WEST,LIKE FOOTBALL WE DO IT SO MUCH BETTER THAN IN THE NORTH-EAST. :thumbsup:

If we are to bring soccer parralels into the equation I think that the North East has a strong argument. If we could borrow a black American phrase, If one is to be into Soul Music one must be able to "Get Down", then to translate further into English terms it would state "Go Down" .The North East is blessed with Soccer teams that can meet with this criteria.

Kev

So time to put this to bed

Me and Harry have had words and he,s assured me that he has no plans to move in on this venue

and i,ll go along with that

However there are certain individuals with other ideas ---a friend was asked before xmas to be involved in future dates---so there you go

This was nothing to do with Harry and im sure he knew nothing about it

As for the others---well ---not as long as my backside points at the ground

Steve