Hull Soul Club

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

Great nite at 'Ull! It's nice to go somewhere warm for a change!

Cracking nite, very busy, all enjoying the special Hull atmosphere.

Martyn Lynn and the gang have got something special here, they don't know why it works themselves, but it does!

I played a few tunes with Andy, 10-11. can't say what he played but mine went something like this.

Wil Collins - Anything I can do

Babara Lynn - Movin' on a groove

Drizabone - Pressure

Bad Weather Inc - I never, never knew

Isonics - Sugar

Tami Lynn - Runaway AKA You my love

Monique - If you love me (show me)

Ruby - Feminine ingenuity

Robert Tanner - Sweet memories

Al Gardner - sweet baby

Wooden nickles - Nobody but you

Charles Mintz - Running back

Another great Christmas at 'Ull, and a great after do at the Birdies!

See you at Wakey!

Edited by Trevski
  • Replies 21
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

A GREAT night seemes to be had by all. Big thanks to all the dj's.

The Door-eens alias Annette Lynn & Kathryn who enjoyed there first spot & want to have another go

Johhno & Stephen Gill.

Trevski & Andy who complemented each other perfectly

Special thanks to John Parker who was fantastic.

Shane & Rob C who kept them all dancing &

Myself & Steve played the last 30 mins (Martyn decided to dance & drink some more instead) who kept them still dancing till we was told to stop at 01:40 the extra hour really made a difference & maybe the management might let us finish at that time more often (fingers crossed)

Will post some pics later.

Thanks for making it a great night.Next one Feb 1st

Daryl

Great nite at 'Ull! It's nice to go somewhere warm for a change!

Cracking nite, very busy, all enjoying the special Hull atmosphere.

Martyn Lynn and the gang have got something special here, they don't know why it works themselves, but it does!

I played a few tunes with Andy, 10-11. can't say what he played but mine went something like this.

Wil Collins - Anything I can do

Babara Lynn - Movin' on a groove

Drizabone - Pressure

Isonics - Sugar

Tami Lynn - Runaway AKA You my love

Monique - If you love me (show me)

Ruby - Feminine ingenuity

Robert Tanner - Sweet memories

Al Gardner - sweet baby

Wooden nickles - Nobody but you

Charles Mintz - Running back

Another great Christmas at 'Ull, and a great after do at the Birdies!

See you at Wakey!

Trev

You missedt that other version of Shane Martin off............who was it?

Glad you enjoyed yourself along with the other 170 soulies,great to see plenty of smiling faces......& sweaty bodies.

You're right,not a clue what we're doing right but we are?I think it's a lot of little things that when they are all in place just make a great night (wish I did know as I could then make a few bob out of it) :yes::P

Daryl has thanked everyone & I'd just like to echo his words.

So it's onto 2008 & Friday 1st February............will you be able to last until then without your 'Ull fix :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

PS 6 this morning we got to bed :lol: ..............now I'm coming down with flu so no Middleton for me as I want to get myself right for Wakey.

Guest Trevski

Trev

You missedt that other version of Shane Martin off............who was it?

Glad you enjoyed yourself along with the other 170 soulies,great to see plenty of smiling faces......& sweaty bodies.

You're right,not a clue what we're doing right but we are?I think it's a lot of little things that when they are all in place just make a great night (wish I did know as I could then make a few bob out of it) :lol::lol:

Daryl has thanked everyone & I'd just like to echo his words.

So it's onto 2008 & Friday 1st February............will you be able to last until then without your 'Ull fix :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

PS 6 this morning we got to bed :lol: ..............now I'm coming down with flu so no Middleton for me as I want to get myself right for Wakey.

The "I need you" version was Andy's. (he don't post much) so I'll fill in the blanks! It's by Jimmy Webb, the guy who wrote it, and its on epic, if I recall. Nice version I thought.

6 this morning? about the same here, by the time we got back, and Judith had to be up at 10 for work! She only finished at 9:30 tonite (bloody NHS for ya) She said she was going around the ward still feeling drunk at 2 this afty! :P (hope she didn't give anyone the wrong stuff!) so Middleton here either! See you at Wakey, be early! :yes: (PS judith says sorry about the neighbours! :no:)

First time for us up at Hull .... a very enjoyable evening, a good crowd and a good cross section of music to satisfy everyones tastes .. well worth the journey. Will be back in the new year.

cheers guys

The "I need you" version was Andy's. (he don't post much) so I'll fill in the blanks! It's by Jimmy Webb, the guy who wrote it, and its on epic, if I recall. Nice version I thought.

6 this morning? about the same here, by the time we got back, and Judith had to be up at 10 for work! She only finished at 9:30 tonite (bloody NHS for ya) She said she was going around the ward still feeling drunk at 2 this afty! :no: (hope she didn't give anyone the wrong stuff!) so Middleton here either! See you at Wakey, be early! :lol: (PS judith says sorry about the neighbours! :no: )

Sounded quite good,would like to hear it again as it might sound shite when I'm sober rolleyes.gif

Thought Judith was a star & no problems with the neighbours...........it would help if they smiled once in awhile :no:

See you at Wakey & we'll be early or it's round to Jerry's for a party :no:

Cheers

Martyn

www.hullsoulclub.com

First time for us up at Hull .... a very enjoyable evening, a good crowd and a good cross section of music to satisfy everyones tastes .. well worth the journey. Will be back in the new year.

cheers guys

Mick

Great to see you & Lucy & I'm glad you enjoyed you're little selves.Be great if you can make it again in the new year & next time you can stay at our's.Like we talked about,we try to cover most bases musically & what does get played seems to work for our crowd,well it must do as they keep coming back rolleyes.gif

Take care.

Cheers

Martyn

www.hullsoulclub.com

Got to echo the comments already made

Great night --So hot!!

Full floor all night

A bit of something for most folks from me

think this is what I played

Nabay Believe It Or Not

Blue Sharks These Things will Keep Me Loving You

Wade flemmons Jeanette

I'm So Happy Prince Phillip Mitchell

Yum-Yums Gonna Be A Big Thing

Yvonne Baker Didn't Say A Word

Jackie Day Naughty Boy

Joe Jama My Life

Bill Bush I'm Waiting

Johnny Caswell You Dont Want Me Anymore

Barbara McNair Your Gonna Love My Baby

Magnetics When I'm With My Baby

Kurt Harris Emperor Of My Babys Heart

Frankie Crocker Ton Of Dynamite

Bob And Fred I'll Be On My Way

Mel Britt She'll Come Running Back

Anderson Brothers I Can See Him Loving You

PP Arnold Everythings Gonna Be Alright

Collins And Collins Top Of The Stairs

Phonetics Just A Boys Dream

Timmi Yuro It'll Never Be Over For Me

The time flashed by --found i ran out of time on others I wanted to play which is always a good sign

Hope to be back soon

Cheers

John P

Edited by john parker

Been busy in the day time job, trying to catch up with the sleep :thumbup: and fight of the flu boxing.gifCOLD Must say it was a great night and a first time for my daughter at a soul night. I can't make Wakey :lol: as I may run out of steam for those who go have a good night and Happy new year!! 

Ace Spectrum                       Don't send nobody else

Silvetti                                 Spring Rain

The Voices of East Harlam    Cashing In  

Ojays                                    Deeper (in love with you)

Jim Webb                             I Need You

The Showmen                        Our love will grow

The High Keys                       Living A Lie

Saxie Russell                         Psychedelic Soul (gets better every time I here it)

Richard Temple                     That Beatin' Rhythm

Lou Pride                               I'm com'un home in the morn'um

Happy New Year

Got to echo the comments already made

Great night --So hot!!

Full floor all night

A bit of something for most folks from me

think this is what I played

Blue Sharks These Things will Keep Me Loving You

Wade flemmons Jeanette

I'm So Happy Prince Phillip Mitchell

Yum-Yums Gonna Be A Big Thing

Yvonne Baker Didn't Say A Word

Jackie Day Naughty Boy

Joe Jama My Life

Bill Bush I'm Waiting

Johnny Caswell You Dont Want Me Anymore

Barbara McNair Your Gonna Love My Baby

Magnetics When I'm With My Baby

Kurt Harris Emperor Of My Babys Heart

Frankie Crocker Ton Of Dynamite

Bob And Fred I'll Be On My Way

Mel Britt She'll Come Running Back

Anderson Brothers I Can See Him Loving You

PP Arnold Everythings Gonna Be Alright

Collins And Collins Top Of The Stairs

Phonetics Just A Boys Dream

Timmi Yuro It'll Never Be Over For Me

The time flashed by --found i ran out of time on others I wanted to play which is always a good sign

Hope to be back soon

Cheers

John P

Hi John you played a great set & you played to the punters & not for yourself which is a sign of a top guy(& DJ). & you'll be back.

thanks Daryl

Been busy in the day time job, trying to catch up with the sleep :thumbup:and fight of the flu boxing.gifCOLD Must say it was a great night and a first time for my daughter at a soul night. I can't make Wakey :lol:as I may run out of steam for those who go have a good night and Happy new year!!

Ace Spectrum Don't send nobody else

Silvetti Spring Rain

The Voices of East Harlam Cashing In

Ojays Deeper (in love with you)

Jim Webb I Need You

The Showmen Our love will grow

The High Keys Living A Lie

Saxie Russell Psychedelic Soul (gets better every time I here it)

Richard Temple That Beatin' Rhythm

Lou Pride I'm com'un home in the morn'um

Happy New Year

Hi Andy nice to hear your daughter enjoyed it & you to kept Trevski on his toes!

Thanks again Daryl

Hi Andy nice to hear your daughter enjoyed it & you to kept Trevski on his toes!

Thanks again Daryl

Yes he can be ask Judith yes.gif Lauren my daughter is currently sussing out that 45's & LP's have 2 sides not like CD's so she can have my Grand MASTER FLASH

Hi John you played a great set & you played to the punters & not for yourself which is a sign of a top guy(& DJ). & you'll be back.

thanks Daryl

Only my second time here and apart from me being full of cold it was another tremendous night with John Parker's set the highlight for me, but like John all the others played a great mix of well known,lesser known and underplayed records which kept the punters happy.

Keep up the good work, a happy new year to all and hope to see you soon.

Only my second time here and apart from me being full of cold it was another tremendous night with John Parker's set the highlight for me, but like John all the others played a great mix of well known,lesser known and underplayed records which kept the punters happy.

Keep up the good work, a happy new year to all and hope to see you soon.

Hi glad you had a good time hope to see you again, thanks for feedback.

Thanks Daryl

Started off a good nite for us!! few old faces not seen for a while.

THEN..............

That was until we left early!! because wife had her purse STOLEN angry.gif

Started off a good nite for us!! few old faces not seen for a while.

THEN..............

That was until we left early!! because wife had her purse STOLEN angry.gif

Hi its the first we have heard about this,if you had come to us or bar staff & said something then we could have tried to do something about it!

Hope it turns up.

Daryl

Hi Daryll & Martyn

Glad the night went well, sorry we didn't make it, didn't make Middleton either. Hope to catch you in the New Year.

Sharon & Kev

Hi Sharon & Kev all the best for the New Year hope NewYears Eve went well a few of us have been ill latley

so had a quiet week .Hope to catch up soon.

Daryl

A GREAT night seemes to be had by all. Big thanks to all the dj's.

The Door-eens alias Annette Lynn & Kathryn who enjoyed there first spot & want to have another go

Johhno & Stephen Gill.

Trevski & Andy who complemented each other perfectly

Special thanks to John Parker who was fantastic.

Shane & Rob C who kept them all dancing &

Myself & Steve played the last 30 mins (Martyn decided to dance & drink some more instead) who kept them still dancing till we was told to stop at 01:40 the extra hour really made a difference & maybe the management might let us finish at that time more often (fingers crossed)

Will post some pics later.

Thanks for making it a great night.Next one Feb 1st

Daryl

Some pics posted in gallery.

Cheers Daryl

post-5844-1199539090_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...